LegacyGT.com

Official Skiing and Snowboarding thread

Brady

k2 what? bindings? post a pic

salomon c609 bindings. I can't tell if they are new or not. have been having issues posting pics. will try in a bit.

they do look a few years old, but in relatively good shape.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vail Mountain announced recently the lineup of entertainment for Vail Snow Daze 2012, the resort’s annual festival to kick off the winter season. The lineup will include headliner concerts from Wilco on Dec. 15, Michael Franti & Spearhead on Dec. 14 and The Shins on Dec. 13. Vail Snow Daze takes place Dec. 10-16, 2012 and is part of Vail’s 50th anniversary celebration.

I'm officially excited for Ski season. I think I just peed my pants!

2012 K2 Impacts w/ MX 12.0 Bindings @174cm (127-80-109) **NEW** -$279.99 SHIPPED+MOUNTED

Nordica GTS12 (90 Flex) M29.5 boots (used 2 times) $52.90 shipped

The real story here is the k2 Impacts NEW for a 1/4 the price new. Now before the bashing starts, im a East Coaster hence why i went with the Impacts over the AfterShocks (130-86-114) the MX12 isnt the top of the line for diagonal release but man they grab hold and turn something serious. I skied them as a demo last season and fell in love.

Anyhow, you folks out west with your tall mountains and powder have it so good you dont even know :lol:

Those will be nice skis. I have the Aftershocks. Used to have their predecessor, the Apache Xplorers. Love those skis. The Aftershocks were a major upgrade over the Xplorers though ... 16m sidecut is just too much. Makes them very unstable at speed.

As far as powder goes, I don't think I had a single powder day last season, and really only a few powder runs (timed the opening of an area just right). Hoping for better luck this year. :)

BTW, what's the difference between the Impact and the Rictor?

Those will be nice skis. I have the Aftershocks. Used to have their predecessor, the Apache Xplorers. Love those skis. The Aftershocks were a major upgrade over the Xplorers though ... 16m sidecut is just too much. Makes them very unstable at speed.

As far as powder goes, I don't think I had a single powder day last season, and really only a few powder runs (timed the opening of an area just right). Hoping for better luck this year. :)

BTW, what's the difference between the Impact and the Rictor?

Impact carbon Weave

Rictor metal Laminate

So you have the Aftershocks?? How are they on groomers and moguls ? I ski both 75% of the time and I was iffy about the ability to get the aftershock to rotate on top of the bumps. I like the Rictor and i would have gotten them but I wasn't too sure of the "pop" those ski provide as feedback when charging hard.

Funny that you say that because I did a little research after the post and by all accounts that I read in reviews, it showed the Rictor was a stiffer, more responsive ski than the Impact. For your use though, if you're going to be spending a lot of time on groomers, it's probably the right ski. They're extremely similar though.

As for the Aftershocks, I ski a ton of moguls and I like them a lot for that. In my opinion, they're a better mogul/crud/groomer ski than a powder ski. But they're a fantastic one quiver ski. I'm still looking for the right powder skis. On an epic powder day, the all mountain ski just isn't going to melt your heart the same way a true powder stick will.

Actually, I'm willing to bet the Aftershocks are better on groomers. That 16m radius is just too squirrelly to ever ride flat. I was very surprised and impressed at the improvement made from 16m to 19m.

Funny that you say that because I did a little research after the post and by all accounts that I read in reviews, it showed the Rictor was a stiffer, more responsive ski than the Impact. For your use though, if you're going to be spending a lot of time on groomers, it's probably the right ski. They're extremely similar though.

As for the Aftershocks, I ski a ton of moguls and I like them a lot for that. In my opinion, they're a better mogul/crud/groomer ski than a powder ski. But they're a fantastic one quiver ski. I'm still looking for the right powder skis. On an epic powder day, the all mountain ski just isn't going to melt your heart the same way a true powder stick will.

Actually, I'm willing to bet the Aftershocks are better on groomers. That 16m radius is just too squirrelly to ever ride flat. I was very surprised and impressed at the improvement made from 16m to 19m.

Ill ski this season on them full time, might try Stratton Mtn in VT to mix it up from the sugar and groomers at the PA resorts. I will keep my eye on the AfterShocks since the Bolts seem to be the high end ski in the K2 stable this season

As anyone heard of the BMW K2's ?

They're just K2 SideShows with BMW graphics.

I shouldn't say "just" since that's supposed to be a very nice ski, but I wouldn't pay a premium for them at all.

Don't look for the Aftershocks to drop in price due to introduction of the Bolt. The bolt is not intended as a full All Mountain ski. Much narrower waist and shovel. They are longer than the Aftershock though. Much better suited to groomed terrain. Probably not a great ski for bumps due to being fairly stiff and long.

You prefer your single chilis in packed powder?! I would think with the rocker on the SideShows (not to mention the additional waist) they'd ski much better in crud. What length for each ski?

That's awesome to have won those though! Not a bad prize at all. :)

The (BMW) K2 SideShow maxed out at something like 183.

I'm curious how tall you are and if you're really on the right set-up. 195 is a hell of a long ski by today's standards unless you're rocking some serious powder boards.

I'm 34 as well. Love me some moguls more than ever!

And part of that is due to the shorter skis on the market today. It can definitely make them a little more maneuverable.

For front side cruising (groomers, end-of-day slop), the Chili should be just fine still. But for Powder and Crud, ski the SideShows more. The wider waist, not to mention shovel and tail, will greatly improve float in powder. The rocker design will also improve float in powder, but another advantage is it will be less likely that the edges catch on packed powder and crud.

can't wait, kids are already begging for it

once a week to King Pine if the $$ holds up

one weekend at Killington w/ my dad

Gunstock is on the must ski list

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

What's your ski season training program look like? I've really just been running, but I really need to improve on that greatly.

weight training focus on core, riding and cross training with exercise that focus on muscles used most during skiing...did I mention core training ?

Archived