LegacyGT.com

Official Skiing and Snowboarding thread

Brady

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i went in to piss and pound a pbr, was gone probably 15 minutes. oddly enough, i was in the lodge for about an hour an hour before eating and drinking excessively and the board was right where I had left it. bunch of ******* jerks

someone left a rental board right where my board was, and the rack was almost empty. Maybe someone was stupid enough to take my board and leave the rental board that they signed for in its place? seems like thats a little too stupid. Weird thing is that my buddys board which was right next to mine is alot newer and nicer and didnt get touched.

someone left a rental board right where my board was, and the rack was almost empty. Maybe someone was stupid enough to take my board and leave the rental board that they signed for in its place? seems like thats a little too stupid. Weird thing is that my buddys board which was right next to mine is alot newer and nicer and didnt get touched.

thats exactly how ******* stupid people are. most of the time that i have my shit board with me ill leave it lay wherever, but if i take my burton jeremy jones with me i get it checked. do they have free board checking at your place?

no they do not. i guess i could have locked it up, but usually in the NE its pretty laid back and relaxed. In talking with more people at Crotched after this had happened last night, i guess shit gets stolen there alot. Sooooooooo, **** going back to that place.

damn man, sorry to hear. thefts like that are bs.

i'm paranoid about it and always lock up my gear, even my skis. i just have a crappy cable lock that i'm sure a determined thief would be able to overcome with a pair of cutters but at least it's a deterrence.

I've only been skiing twice this year, four times in my life, so I am far from the expert level you guys are at. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of the places you guys are skiing. I stay away from the black diamond runs as I should.

this is what gets people killed, they dont own up to the fact that they cant physically ski to that level yet. then they go beyond their limitations and hurt themselves.

i thank you for being honest :lol:

Last place I went (Snowshoe in WV) saw a guy try to stop on his snowboard by a drop off and he didn't, went right off the side of the edge of the mountain. Lucky for him he only dropped four feet or so before he caught himself. We all stopped and gave him a helping hand to climb back up. Not cool.

I need to adjust my skiis. They keep popping off too easily when I am trying to cut.

Last place I went (Snowshoe in WV) saw a guy try to stop on his snowboard by a drop off and he didn't, went right off the side of the edge of the mountain. Lucky for him he only dropped four feet or so before he caught himself. We all stopped and gave him a helping hand to climb back up. Not cool.

I need to adjust my skiis. They keep popping off too easily when I am trying to cut.

is the fwd pressure and din setting correct?

Well, this season just has it in for me when it comes to fresh. I haven't had a single powder day. Awful. Just spent two days up at Keystone and Breckenridge. 100,543 vertical feet! Bam! I still might make my goal of 1,000,000 feet this season yet!

• 1 month later...

I know the season is probably over for most, but this is how I celebrated cinco de mayo. :D

http://photos.imageevent.com/mattg/snowboarding/large/IMG_3402.jpg

Last winter I found a set of K2 skis left in a common area around my house. some kid was using them during one of the "snow storms" we had to try to ski down this grassy hill. don't know who the kid was, but they sat outside for a couple weeks next to my buddies house.

Now they are mine. posted a lost and found on our community site and no one called me.

so what are these things worth? any clue? i know nada about skis.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

on a different note, i actually went skiing yesterday, one of the resorts had a "bonus" weekend, $25 for a lift ticket. awesome weather and conditions were actually pretty good, was even able to find some untouched stuff and the sun really helped to soften up the snow so it wasn't that icy. usually a lot of terrain at that resort is way too icy and certain sections will be closed cause of high winds / poor vis. but it was all clear yesterday so i was able to get to some areas i've never skied before.

strangely, one of the best days i've had this year.

Archived