LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

sounds good. so got any links for the bits needed to load these tunes into the car?

the AP is a cool toy and a bit more user friendly and convenient than a laptop with a tactrix cable... you will be out a few hundred for one. The ap is nice and convenient to data log, clear CEL's, and check realtime data too. The laptop can do it all too, but this thing is the size of a smart phone.

When you go for the tune, just email shamar and tell him that you are ready, and he'll tell you what to do. Just make sure he knows if you will be using an AP or a tactrix cable. He'll pretty much walk you through the rest. The AP was really easy for me to use last year, and (like you), i had no experience. There are tons of posts out there about tuning, logging, etc... and a couple of ones for newbies. But shamar will give you what you really need to know, and a step by step on how to do it. If you have the $, i would recommend an AP to do it. Save yourself some time and stress (IMO).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another satisfied customer here. Pretty maxxed out stock turbo set up (FMIC, full exhaust, CAI) and am happy with this tune and all of my other tunes from him. Had Tuning Alliance etunes before infamous and was not as impressed with those tunes.

Turn around time was fine for me. If anything I was the one being slow to return logs to him. :p

It was great working with Shamar, I had/still am having trouble getting the Tactrix cable to play nice with my 09 5EAT (Maybe I should just get an AP), for some reason I can't read/write to ECU, LV doesn't work, but RR works fine lol. Anyway, he went over everything with me and I went past my due date. He said no problem, to just let him know when I get it working and we'll pick it right back up. Great customer service if I must say so myself.
:yeahthat:

Will AP work with my JDM 2ltr GT???

I run 98 fuel as well

im not sure the AP will work with JDM models, you dont need this to tune though. I think Shamar can tune with ECU Flash and a tactrix cable so once you have the 2 of them he can remote tune i presume?

you can go to the cobb website and ask them if they make a version for the JDM. i think the version i have is for 2.5 only.

otherwise, i would go with a laptop and tatrix cable. a little less user friendly, but shamar can likely walk u through it!

I forwarded your email to Shamar. I dont answer many of the tuning emails, as I dont speak for him.

Shamar can be reached direct at infamoustuning@yahoo.com

But due to the amount of questions he gets, they dont get answered very quickly. It is more important to focus on the tunes. So, paying customers have to come first.

With over 600 Subarus tuned now, he is a very busy man.

Thanks for the quick answer!

That narrows it down easily enough :)

What software for tactrix logging then? It appears to have built in logging capability, but, I am curious how that will translate to my laptop & if some extra software might work out.

Thanks again!

Very pleased with my stage 2 Infamous tune. I was completely new to car modification at the time I purchased my DP and AP from infamousperformance. Biggest issue I had at the time was lack of communication from Shamar with the early logs. His base map had my cars DAM at .56 or something after WOT and I had no idea what was going on. Obviously the car was running pretty slowly/poorly at the time and he didn't address my concerns or explain through email. Finding a safe place to do to WOT logs was somewhat difficult, also.

All in all I am completely satisfied with my stage 2 tune. Completely different car than it was stock. E tune is somewhat conservative at 17.5 lbs of boost. No knock! Highly recommended e-tuner.

Now I have the itch. Looking at fueling with e85 and possible turbo/TMIC upgrade as soon as climberD gets his '08 5EAT transmission valve body mod perfected.

I've been running my Infamous tune since January and its great. An overboost of close to 2psi on the OTS AP tune killed my stock intercooler, so I decided to sell my AP in favor of using my laptop to opensource with Shamar. It took about 2 weeks for him to get my base map to me and the revisions came about weekly. I was worried that I would run out of time (you are limited to 30 days from the original map) and only got 3 revisions in. But at the end of the 30 days, that last revision was dialed in perfectly. I don't have anything but 0s in my fine learning knock correction table.

I will definitely be going back to Shamar for future tunes and Mike for some killer parts deals. The two make a great team.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I forwarded your email to Shamar. I dont answer many of the tuning emails, as I dont speak for him.

Shamar can be reached direct at infamoustuning@yahoo.com

But due to the amount of questions he gets, they dont get answered very quickly. It is more important to focus on the tunes. So, paying customers have to come first.

With over 600 Subarus tuned now, he is a very busy man.

Hmmmm. Paying customer here, haven't heard back from him in 4 business days after sending him my logged data from the base tune.

I can understand if he's busy, but how hard is it to at least maintain communication?

On the other hand, the base tune feels pretty good. Boost is a little high and erratic, but I'm sure that will be cleared up in the next few revisions...

I've been running my Infamous tune since January and its great. An overboost of close to 2psi on the OTS AP tune killed my stock intercooler, so I decided to sell my AP in favor of using my laptop to opensource with Shamar. It took about 2 weeks for him to get my base map to me and the revisions came about weekly. I was worried that I would run out of time (you are limited to 30 days from the original map) and only got 3 revisions in. But at the end of the 30 days, that last revision was dialed in perfectly. I don't have anything but 0s in my fine learning knock correction table.

I will definitely be going back to Shamar for future tunes and Mike for some killer parts deals. The two make a great team.

A revision every week? After waiting 2 weeks for the base map?

I guess I had too high of expectations for turn around time. I should consider myself lucky, as of now.

Shamar is one man. An individual. He is tuning over 1 car per day on average. 30+ cars per month. Many are road tunes, which require several hours of dedicated time to complete. Legacys are not the only cars being tuned. Legacygt.com is not the only forum we advertise on. Yes, he is busy. Busy because he is that good. Good things come to those who wait. Want a rush job tune and a blown motor? Plenty of tuners out there offering services (for more money). All tuning customers get taken care of as quickly as possible. Shamar has tuned over 200 Subarus since January. He is that busy.

Archived