LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see... Stage2, Stage2 ver2, Stage3, Stage3.5, Stage3.5 e85, Stage 3.5 e85 valet, Stage 3.5 ver2, Stage 3.5 ver2 e85.

Im rapidly moving toward tune number... 9 and 10? :wub:

The only thing that would make Shamar better is if he were also a hot chick. :lol:

^ Shamar, you're tuning my car today! haha.

Bummed I won't get a chance to meet you in person but thanks for the magic you're about to put into my wagon. Can't wait to get my car back and feel the difference, even though it's just a stg. 1 5eat... I'm excited!

^ Shamar, you're tuning my car today! haha.

Bummed I won't get a chance to meet you in person but thanks for the magic you're about to put into my wagon. Can't wait to get my car back and feel the difference, even though it's just a stg. 1 5eat... I'm excited!

Yep, I have 3 tunes at the shop today...busy busy busy :spin::cool:

What problems might result by driving a car tuned by Infamous (stage 1- 91 octane) into CA with it's CA-91 Octane?

Detonation unlikely without a heavy foot on the gas?

Detonation likely/guaranteed, but tolerable and compensated for?

Nuclear explosion?;)

Clearly, a new tune is called for if the car stays in CA, but likely a few tanks of gas until that can happen...

What problems might result by driving a car tuned by Infamous (stage 1- 91 octane) into CA with it's CA-91 Octane?

Detonation unlikely without a heavy foot on the gas?

Detonation likely/guaranteed, but tolerable and compensated for?

Nuclear explosion?;)

Clearly, a new tune is called for if the car stays in CA, but likely a few tanks of gas until that can happen...

If you don't drive with a heavy foot and stay to the lower engine loads you will be fine.

Couldn't Danny Boy more or less safely drive around on ca87oct if he stays completely in closed loop?

(Not looking for a cosign from Infamous1 to drive on cheap gas on his tunes, just looking to understand the difference between open and closed loop).

Couldn't Danny Boy more or less safely drive around on ca87oct if he stays completely in closed loop?

(Not looking for a cosign from Infamous1 to drive on cheap gas on his tunes, just looking to understand the difference between open and closed loop).

Depends on what yours definition of safe. The car may not die, but it gonna pull massives amount of timing. I'm pretty certain it would likely lead to no DA (IAM of 0). That would be a terrible idea.

Thought I'd add my detailed experience to the infamous review board.

I've had lots of experience with Shamar and Mike Sprank. Sprank did my stage III build and even put together a cool thread showing pics along the way...nice perk. Very trustworthy guy. Let's just say I felt comfortable enough to hand him the keys to my car for him to drive to his shop a few hours south from where I was living. Oh by the way, down payment of 3K cash was in glove compartment. He's an upfront guy and I got my car back in perfect condition a week or so later. I'd even left my cell phone in the car (yes I'm an idiot) and he quickly mailed it back to me. Work was very well done and price was fair.

So, one road tuning session for CA 91, one 93 octate GA update, one 93 octane update with upgraded FP/injectors and one E85 update later...had lots of Shamar experience. I've worked off and on with him for almost 9 months with all of my revisions.

Both he and Mike have been very good about email responses to all of my (variably well-informed and variably irritating I'm sure) questions.

Whenever I ran into trouble since starting to work with them, between pressure leaks, TGV codes and an early BNR 16g failure along the way, they've been very helpful and pretty much spot on with their diagnoses. On one of my boost leaks, Shamar predicted the exact hose that had likely come off.

Now, there was a period were apparently Shamar was swamped and having some 'off the field issues.' No doubt TAT sucked during this period and I'd went so far to start investigating other tuning options as I was dying for E85. It didn't take much asking around to find out that some tuners happen to be a bit egotistical and assume that nobody else knows anything about tuning. It seemed that there was a lot of pressue to buy a Cobb AP from them 600 bucks too. I'm not speaking about anyone in specific here on LGT.com. All I'm saying is that not everyone is as helpful/flexible as Mike and Shamar. Nobody is perfect.

Aside from this brief period, Shamar has been very responsive. My car is a beast now with E85 and he nicely just sent one last 91 octane revision so that I'm totally rounded out for 91, 93 and E85, all with my upgraded setup. Total price for all of this has been very reasonable.

All in all, very happy customer and will be back for more. Yes, a one man show can occasionally get bogged down when life intervenes. But for a safe, powerful tune that doesn't require finding a dyno shop, dealing with the people who work at the dyno shop (at least where I live, this is a significant negative) and spending a ton of money, he provides an outstanding service.

Drove 120 miles on my almost complete Stage 2 tune by Shamar / Grimmspeed EBCS; silky smooth and 24.6 mpg on the panel.

By comparison, last time I did this drive 1 month ago: Cobb OTS stage 2 / stock BCS: 22.3 mpg on the panel.

Oh, yeah.

Thanks, Shamar.

No one. No one can kick Chuck Norris ass. Chuck Norris would bitch slap Shamar. Heck, Chuck Norris could bitch slap the entire shop while eating a Chalupa.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lies...Ask Mr. T he had Pity for him last time Mr. Norris tried to maddog me....;)

Archived