LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 3" downpipe should be just fine, you want to get rid of the back pressure post-turbine, especially up close to it...

Are you sure about that with the twinscrolls? as most of the JDM aftermarket DP's are 2.5/2.75" form what i remember. Feel free to tell me to shut up if i'm talking shit!

Anyway good luck with your jdm tune, keep us posted on how it turns out

Ahh, didn't know it was some crazy non-US market thing... :) that's what I get for not keeping up with the whole thread...

Its OK I forgive you!

@Jdm spec b: did you gut your stock dp or something else?

Im on a diet, I lost weight...:lol: 6'2 245lbs:p

I am 5'8" and weigh about 140lbs right now. I tried to set my bike up for a 150-170 rider weight and I almost got thrown over the bars on the first bump in the road. Lol.

But, at almost 40, I am still have a 6 pack and am the same weight I was as a sophomore in high school. I topped out at about 255lbs in college.

Just got my 3rd revision of my stage 2 tune tonight - I don't know how he does it, but Shamar has some ridiculous abilities! The power comes on so smooth, and there's plenty of it on tap!

On my 3rd revision, too. Just got done doing 2 pulls. Sending hims the logs now...

There's not enough o's in smooth. My friends can't believe how smooth the powerband is...

I am 5'8" and weigh about 140lbs right now. I tried to set my bike up for a 150-170 rider weight and I almost got thrown over the bars on the first bump in the road. Lol.

But, at almost 40, I am still have a 6 pack and am the same weight I was as a sophomore in high school. I topped out at about 255lbs in college.

Wow! thats alot of weight between high school and college man! Good for you for getting back down again!

Quit wrestling and started power lifting. Quit power lifting and went back to racing quads. Had to slim down to race. From there it went up and down very little until about 2 years ago when I went back down to fighting weight. Even my tattoos have stretch marks and missing ink from the changes. Dont recomend it. My body has not aged well. Might look ok from the outside, but boy it doesn't work like it used to.

Good thing Shamar is more stable and less of an adrenaline junkie.

He is good at what he does. That is why he is so busy. He is currently working on 60 tunes. So, when he is slow to respond, he has 60 customers to respond to all at the same time. Probably the busiest tuner around. Looks like he is going past 700 Subarus tuned very quickly.

btw - got my latest re-revision (had him brush up my tune)... WOW.

How old was your orig tune? My 2 Stage 2s are over a year old and wondering if a update is a good idea (i had inquired up this thread a ways...)...let alone having Shamar have time to do it.

i think that was my issue. mine was tuned when it was really cold last winter. and the car has relatively low miles on it. I think between the temp and possibly some more break-in (and the fact that i just grew used to the tune a bit, and may be hungry for more haha), i thought it was worth a revisit.

i took a data log, and went from there.

i only run shell super. so, i hope to think it wasnt fuel quality, but you never know whats in those tanks underground i guess!

^ Only if your logs show any changes. Sometimes extreme weather conditons and changes in fuel quality need a quick revisit.
I had previously PMed you about a tune revision but when I asked Shamar directly, he said it would be another $75 for another revision. His assessment was that since my car had been through about 10 revs (I had paid for 1 initial tune, and a retune) the knock in my logs and the LV was not the result of heat soak, but was the result of age of the car (tune was revised only last year).

I can't say I was happy with his response, especially since I would have to humbly disagree with his assessment about it not being heatsoak. Initial tune and follow up tunes were done in significantly cooler weather. NYC experienced a heatwave of 90-100+ weather. Some of my IATs in my logs read 144F whereas during the tuning process with him, they never exceed about 60-70F.

I ended up revising the tune on my own with the fantastic help of some people here on LGT. (Thanks again!)

Still will most likely go with Infamous when my VF40 goes out inevitably and get a replacement (probably BNR 16G).... still... bleh.

for what its worth, im paying for my revision. I wouldnt expect a brushup for free. Even with the revision, its still hundreds less than EFI or a big tuner would have charged me... And they likely would have charged for the brush up tune as well.

for what its worth, im paying for my revision. I wouldnt expect a brushup for free. Even with the revision, its still hundreds less than EFI or a big tuner would have charged me... And they likely would have charged for the brush up tune as well.

+11 I'd certainly pat Shamar for a year later fine tune. I've gotten more than my $$ worth from the 2 Infamous-tuned LGTs.

• Mega Users
He is good at what he does. That is why he is so busy. He is currently working on 60 tunes. So, when he is slow to respond, he has 60 customers to respond to all at the same time. Probably the busiest tuner around. Looks like he is going past 700 Subarus tuned very quickly.

Yeah, saw that afterwards. Thanks. I'm still driving around with Stage 2+ mods. Sux not having tuners in my area.

you have an access port by chance? if so, you can always flash it to an off the shelf map for the time being. u throwing any check engine codes?

Archived