LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

^^ That's totally cool and understandable and I think people appreciate that. Maybe it's simply a matter of setting appropriate expectations? Most people are told 3 day turnaround, so it's understandable when dissatisfaction sets in while waiting longer?

I'm VERY happy with my Infamous tune, but there were times during the process that I got a little antsy as well based on the expectations that were set.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A revision every week? After waiting 2 weeks for the base map?

I guess I had too high of expectations for turn around time. I should consider myself lucky, as of now.

You have to be really patient waiting for your revisions. My experience is that a 2 day turn around just doesn't happen very often. It's more like a week or more between revisions. I would agree that it's all about setting the correct expectations up front.

With all the customers they are tuning for now, they should just say 7 days.

Personally I like his tunes. But for people who want need instant gratification, Infamous is not the place to go. Your tune might take 2 months to complete.

The advantage is that he has such a huge database to pull from that even the base tune is gonna be pretty accurate, because there's a good chance he's tuned someone with the same setup. The revisions are usually minor. Like I said, the 3rd revision was spot on with zero timing or knock issues.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I admit, three years ago you could get multiple revisions in a single day. It was that type of turn around that built a reputation for fast turn around. But as business built, revisions stretched into two business days. Until fairly recently Shamar was able to keep up that pace. Seems he is no longer keeping that up. So, it is probably time to revise the advertised timeline.

He has been so busy he has not answered even my calls for a day or two. I hope he is ok. When he goes dark it worries me. Young single men... I remember the mayhem we got into.

Mike - not to change topic too much here - Any chance you guys there at Infamous have any stickers ? I just don't feel comfortable rolling around town with the "Cobb Tuning" sticker in my rear quarter glass, knowing that the infamous tune i'm running is far superior.

Do not have any stickers in my possession. Shamar might be out too. Money for "extras" is very tight. Meaning non-existent. Sorry.

Heard from Shamar last night. Drama I am sure. Hopefully he is catching up on emails.

I haven't read anything other than the opening thread post...Thanks for the Love and im sure Hate as well...Let just say this has been a year to forget outside of work and tuning. I rarely venture on the site nowadays...any tuning questions email me

infamoustuning@yahoo.com.

Like us on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Infamous-Performance-and-Tuning/161463783926050

I haven't read anything other than the opening thread post...Thanks for the Love and im sure Hate as well...Let just say this has been a year to forget outside of work and tuning. I rarely venture on the site nowadays...any tuning questions email me

Like us on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Infamous-Performance-and-Tuning/161463783926050

Liked! and email sent :cool:

Liked! :D

I still have one more revision. I'm getting to it. School is time consuming lol.

I received my first revision a few days ago. Tune feels great!

My mods:

AVO panel filter

Grimmspeed EBCS

catless uppipe (M2 performance)

catless downpipe (CNT)

X02 mid and y pipe

Grimmspeed crossover pipe

stock mufflers

I was overboosting a little on the base tune, which he expected, but the timing was conservative enough to avoid any sort of knock. I was curious to see how quickly Shamar could dial in the boost levels using the Grimmspeed EBCS. It seems he has pretty much already nailed it.

I am hitting ~19.5psi by 2800 rpms, which I'm guessing will be dialed back a little more in the next few revisions. The airflow doesn't seem to drop off on the high end, either. Pulls harder than I thought possible on a turbo this size.

I have yet to knock once, and this is with temperatures fluctuating from 60-90+ degrees.

With the first revision the boost has lowered a little, timing has increased, and the powerband feels smoother. It also looks like the boost is holding a little more steady...

All in all, if you want a tune done right, and most of all safe, you have to hit up infamous tuning. Its worth the wait.

Keep up the great work!

attached is my most recent log, if someone wants to take a look. I would love to know what you guys think... Ambient temp was 65 degrees. I also attached my most recent learning view, if someone would like to tell me how that looks. I'm still learning the ropes...

rev1.pull1.65f.csv

1804627043_LearningView_SS_8-12-201154033PM.jpg.262227f92b1fe5959909a6a7ef797e44.jpg

Hmmm Mike can I be so bold as to make a suggestion?

Could you have a seperate email address so current paying customers emails are not tangled up in the mass of emails Shamar is being bombarded with that are just general tuning enquiries.

After paying it takes days to get the first contact email from infamous asking for information that has already been sent then that reply is likely to sit for days.

You need to clone him or find some way of easing the poor guys work load.

been waiting for 3 weeks for a response - he must be too busy..

The only response I keep getting is $200. Not exactly answering my questions. I guess when business is good, you can do what u want.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

Archived