LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

Yes please speak with him because this is ridiculous I do not usually complain but waiting for this long is stupid especially when your car is done with a list of mods and is down for a month then no response from shamar I am ready to go to nosiac and use there tuner that is much more responsive!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! My Imfamous tune(s) on my Stage 2 LGTs are about a year old now and they are pulling strong!!

Shamar - I was wondering whether a "year later" log and possible revisions are something you would recommend?? Or is there no reason/benefit to doing so?

No. Not like many here apparently think. He works alone. A good 75 miles from the shop.

I dont tune cars. I turn wrenches.

Infamous Performance is my shop. http://www.infamousperformance.com is my website for online parts sales.

Infamous1 (Shamar) does all the tuning for the shop. If I could afford a dyno, he would work here. But, I can not. He has always worked alone tuning.

We share resources, experience, etc. We meet up to tune cars. We speak via phone. There are weeks at a time gaps when I dont see him. When someone buys a tune from me, all I do is relay any info and the payment to Shamar.

Because so much of his work is e-tuing it makes no sense for him to commute to work on a computer. For road tunes, why commute again? I dont pay him. He is not my employee. If I had a Dyno it might be different.

He is also far bigger than me. Even if I could still open a #10 can of woop ass, he has me by a good 100lbs and a foot taller. He probably has a 6" reach advantage too.

Sorry.

I received my first revision a few days ago. Tune feels great!

My mods:

AVO panel filter

Grimmspeed EBCS

catless uppipe (M2 performance)

catless downpipe (CNT)

X02 mid and y pipe

Grimmspeed crossover pipe

stock mufflers

No new IC? Did you at least reinforce the welds? If not, beware of KABOOOOOOM!

My tune spanned the course of a couple months, was going good and then had a clutch go, then a tuning uncovered a leak in the airbox which had to be fixed, then a leak in the IC hose, etc. Took a while to get through it, don't think it was a big deal though, gives him time to work on the other tunes while you sort your shit out.

My tune spanned the course of a couple months, was going good and then had a clutch go, then a tuning uncovered a leak in the airbox which had to be fixed, then a leak in the IC hose, etc. Took a while to get through it, don't think it was a big deal though, gives him time to work on the other tunes while you sort your shit out.

I thought you only had 30 days from the first revision to get tune done?

No new IC? Did you at least reinforce the welds? If not, beware of KABOOOOOOM!

Yes, the OEM intercooler is reenforced using SeeeeeYa's "bulletproof" TMIC mod.

It basically uses u-channel aluminum to keep the endtank seams from separating.

Here is a link to the thread...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bulletproof-tmic-mod-lgt-08-wrx-158870.html?t=158870

Yes please speak with him because this is ridiculous I do not usually complain but waiting for this long is stupid especially when your car is done with a list of mods and is down for a month then no response from shamar I am ready to go to nosiac and use there tuner that is much more responsive!

I am currently tuning 60 vehicles and road tuning as well...emailing me is the best bet.

No. Not like many here apparently think. He works alone. A good 75 miles from the shop.

I dont tune cars. I turn wrenches.

Infamous Performance is my shop. www.infamousperformance.com is my website for online parts sales.

Infamous1 (Shamar) does all the tuning for the shop. If I could afford a dyno, he would work here. But, I can not. He has always worked alone tuning.

We share resources, experience, etc. We meet up to tune cars. We speak via phone. There are weeks at a time gaps when I dont see him. When someone buys a tune from me, all I do is relay any info and the payment to Shamar.

Because so much of his work is e-tuing it makes no sense for him to commute to work on a computer. For road tunes, why commute again? I dont pay him. He is not my employee. If I had a Dyno it might be different.

He is also far bigger than me. Even if I could still open a #10 can of woop ass, he has me by a good 100lbs and a foot taller. He probably has a 6" reach advantage too.

Sorry.

Im on a diet, I lost weight...:lol: 6'2 245lbs:p

Hi Mike

What do you mean caught up?

as in back on track with work or still behind?

I bought my tune 6 days ago but haven't received anything yet so im hoping soon.

You're JDM so it takes extra sauce to get you dialed in...Your next rev is coming right now! ;)

You're JDM so it takes extra sauce to get you dialed in...Your next rev is coming right now! ;)

Got it thanks:) and loaded it before I had even had my morning coffee!

Car is definitely smoother than stock and feels different.

I have been taking it very easy with the base map and then this map from this morning until I get the laptop hooked up again and can monitor what's happening etc then I will also go do another 3rd gear pull for revision 2.

Im most interested in low down performance as Im never going to race this car and hardly ever get above 5500rpms.

What sort of crank and wheel hp should this put down with a stage II tune and DP and filter done?

Got it thanks:) and loaded it before I had even had my morning coffee!

Car is definitely smoother than stock and feels different.

I have been taking it very easy with the base map and then this map from this morning until I get the laptop hooked up again and can monitor what's happening etc then I will also go do another 3rd gear pull for revision 2.

Im most interested in low down performance as Im never going to race this car and hardly ever get above 5500rpms.

What sort of crank and wheel hp should this put down with a stage II tune and DP and filter done?

3" DP might kill off the low down torque of the small TD04 turbo, Gutting your stock cat or getting a 2.5" DP might be best. I was making 240whp with basic tune and only panel filter. it was on the conservative side too. Will dyno with the vf36 once i get tune finished. Shamar might have another jdm coming his way soon!

Archived