LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had, wow, at least 3 road tunes, couple of etunes, valet/bodyshop tune (revision), e85, pump, etc... My experience with Shamar has always been VERY fair and the product has been superior.

Even when we were going to the track together I had to schedule at least a week out to get a tune. I would not be suprised if that is more than a week now. To me its like going to a good doctor who is in demand. There is a long line of "patients" and I understand that. I do agree that a break in communication from a vendor can be very frustrating but I am not ready to entertain other local tuners, particularly when Shamar and Mike are actively addressing the issue.

For all the folks that are concerned with the wait. I'd say it's probably not the best time of the year for a quick revision turn around. I'd imagine the summer is probably busiest time of the year for tunes. I have been getting my revisions every week but I have also been nagging Shamar via email (I'm sure he loves my constant email reminders :hide:) usually the day I expect to go to the track for test and tune 3rd gear pulls.

In the past 30 days that I have been working with Shamar I have received 1 Base and 3 Revision Maps (I'm expecting REV04 any time now). The only time I didn't receive a map in time was when he sent me a revision a few hours after test and tune had started and I decided it was too late to head to the track.

All in all I would say my experience with Infamous tuning has been great. Mike is excellent when it comes to answering questions and Shamar is pretty good about getting me tunes when i really needed them....like on the days I told him I would be tuning. As far as Shamar's responses to emails, I would say he did a pretty good job of answering most of my questions but you can definitely tell that he is busy and he doesn't always give the most thorough responses or misses a few questions.

Bottom line is he has got a good reputation for the work he does and the volume of customers he has reflect that.

Satisfied Customer

-Mike

Shamar has no "day job". He tunes. Period. He has no access to work PC's, work phones, etc. When his equipment goes down, he has to choose between rent/food/bills and new equipment. He lives in a small apartment in a neighborhood my wife will not visit, never mind live in. He is not rich. None of us are. Like 99% of Americans working for themselves we make ends meet. Barely. Just like most folks. We just work far more hours because we dont punch a clock at work and we dont have support (like co-workers).

I honestly don't think people waiting 2 weeks between revisions is them needing to learn how to be patient when they are told turnaround time is 3 days. If the expectation was set that turnaround time is 2 weeks, then yeah, people bitching about waiting 2 weeks would be lame. But right now they are waiting 5 times longer than they were told they would be waiting when they paid for services... Don't get me wrong, Infamous has amazing tunes, but turnaround is not up to the same level of quality...

Shamar tuned my 06 GT last year. A super tune! There are very few good tuners, and almost none who are willing to remote tune. He is an invaluable resource. And I would not whine or cry if he did not meet my time expectations. For the time and genius applied to my tune, I cannot place a dollar value. We're talking a multi-thousand dollar power plant at risk. There's no way I would touch it myself, nor ever let a backyard tuner have at it.

So, I will put my money where my mouth is. If Shamar is in a financial jam, and sends me a PayPal request for $100, the money will be on its way. After all, he is providing an exceptional service, and one cannot put a price on genius.....

Best regards Shamar...you have my email address which is also my PP address,

Jack

Sounds like we need to come up with a solution for Shamar's email handling.

I'll put together something and PM you guys later on to see what you think.

Yeah like remove the drama from my life:lol::spin: there shouldn't be too much noise being I have lived in my inbox for the last few days....anyone still PMing me I have spoken about that more than once. :cool:

Cool, I finally got to read the entire thread (deleted comments too I'm a mod). I had a good laugh or three, only a few know the mess I have been going through so I understand. I'm back on track now, to even have time to post. Down to about 35 cars, inbox is super low. If you have pm me in the last month you may want to email me as I clean that out.

Some fail to realize that it is not about just getting your car tuned, it's about having a competent tuner. While they may get you done quick fast and in a hurry, I myself rather not chance it at the cost of a new engine. Happy tuning folks!

I can recommend Shamar without any hesitation.

Aside from his tunes, which speak for itself, just look at the this board; he gives sound advice and is great help. I have gotten two tunes from him, stage2 and 16g 6months after..... and all have been good, and custom...(throttle response to my liking). But what impressed me most, is recently when I had turbo issues, and trying to diagnose them, he was there to help and experienced insight is invaluable.

Archived