LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

Yeah, saw that afterwards. Thanks. I'm still driving around with Stage 2+ mods. Sux not having tuners in my area.

Just be patient and drive your car leisurely. As long as you stay out of boost you will be fine. If you are paranoid you can always log your car, making sure you don't come across any knock...

I drove around with a full catless exhaust and aftermarket panel filter for a few thousand miles. Not ideal, but what can you do?

The problem comes when one wants to see how the car will perform on the stock tune, with aftermarket parts. I caved into my friends telling me to "get on it" before I got my STG 2 tune and I experienced knock. I don't know how much, but my learning views suffered...

I know how much it sucks to have all the parts installed, and drive the car like an elderly person, believe me. But as mentioned here thousands of times, Shamar is the best, and most good things take time...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear yall. Thanks for the support. I have my AP, but because car has upgraded injectors and turbo I can't load my AP, as none of the maps will work with the current set up, Not even the base map. Waiting on PDX as we speak. Trying to be patient. have to cancel NY trip this weekend, as a result.

Should have scheduled a tune at EFI LOGICS, or AMR while u were going yo New York. I think Akuma is not too far from u. They're in South Jersey if memory serves me correctly.
____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

I love my Infamous tune, but have decided I'm going local for my revision as well. Too many reports of super long times for revisions from people I trust. I myself emailed him quite awhile ago about a revision tune and heard nothing. It's very unfortunate, his tunes are great and I know he's busy, but at some point you have to reanalyze the game plan if you can't stay on top of it.

I dont care who you ask, everyone will say local tuning is recommended. Nothing beats having the tuner in the car with you to assess the butt-dyno, also AFR helps a lot....most tuners use wideband even for stage 1 road tunes. FWIW

If you dont have a local tuner, then e-tunes are still better than an accessport :lol:

Apparently his lap top broke. Second one down in two years. Guess thats what happens when you sit shot gun for road tunes all day. He is working off a back up until he grabs a new one.

And that's fine (it sucks, but it's fine), shit happens. But the key is to communicate these issues to your customers/potential customers.

If his lap top is DOA, he has no way to send email. Not everyone carries an iphone. Lol. Even my phone that supposedly has email capabilities can not send email via any account I have other than my personal yahoo account. I dont send business email from there, so it is useless. But it is the phone I have. His laptops are cheap. I am amazed they last as long as they do. But this happens about once a year. A laptop going down that is.

He told to me that he was going through his email now replying to all.

Archived