LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Alright guys I bought my LGT back in November and haven't done much with it other than cat back exhaust and a Cobb AP. I live in Colorado and really enjoy tearing through the mountain roads. Looking for advice on what I could/should do with the suspension to really be able to throw it into the corners. Thanks for any help.

I'm contemplating getting some rear LCA's to solve my rear camber issue.

I'm looking at two different options....and would like some opinions....

1. First is a Whiteline KTA139. They're extremely hard to find here in the states and I haven't seen any confirmation that they fit the 5th gen but they are listed for the BRZ/FRS and 08+ STI so I think they will work. They are all aluminum and run just under $500. Oh yeah, they look pretty sweet too!

Or.....Do I go the more inexpensive route.......

2. J2 Engineering LCA. I saw that WRXWHIT installed one and was pretty happy with it all around. It goes for $300 and is made of a stainless steel alloy.

This should be an obvious choice but I feel spending $500 to fix a possible camber issue is a little nuts right now. I won't decide until I get the alignment rechecked.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Welcome and congrats on the car!!!! For your first mod get the Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar. Its the best suspension bang for your buck.

Why unsure of AutoX? This was my first one and it was a blast. Sorry for the video issue, but you get the idea. ;) AutoX is a great way to push the limits of the car, familiarize yourself with it, and not worry about hurting yourself, anyone else, or your beloved car. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvw75zWPoUw]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvw75zWPoUw[/ame]

Good to know about the RSB. That seems to be a very popular mod. As for the autox this is the first car i've had that I could actually use for this type of event. I grew up with old v8's and pickups so this is something very foreign to me, and i'm just trying to get my feet wet. But I can't seem to leave well enough alone so stock is not an option. Edited by BlueLGT408

I opted for the Megan Racing lca. Along with with their toe kit, all together was sub 500. Pm a few vendors and work out a price, it will help with all aspects of your alignment. I have no problem with quality. For a part to simple correct toe and camber I didn't see a reason to go super expensive to solve a simple issue.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/20130522_140616_zps4239e152.jpghttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/stu-nami/20130522_140530_zps497eeaa7.jpg

I saw a pearl orange LCA on eBay and thought of you. Lol

I'm more concerned with durability since they spread a lot of salt over the winter. My impatient ass ended up ordering an ISC Suspension V2 LCA. Its all aluminum and got a lot of good reviews from the STI/WRX crowd.

Did you need extra toe adjustment because of the coilovers?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Hahaha i recall seeing those last week as well.

I don't think toe was a HUGE issue but for future if getting more serious at autoX I figured what the hell and bought them too. And yes coils along with the wheel setup made me decide to get them because toe is just as bad to destroy a good set of tires within a few 1000 miles if out of wack.

To address your concern for winter salt. There's been no issue with rust/corrosion becoming apparent on them. I think for the value though the J2s are better Imo if going for the "look". I wasn't even thinking of the contrast of color on my car but people ask me all the time now what's going on with my suspension when they see green,blue, white/yellow underneath lol. I say it tried to poop out a bag of skittles.

It looks like I'm not alone with this rear camber issue.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3996430&postcount=14

This post by Shribob is his reading after installing Eibach ProKit springs as well.

Dumb question.....Would the Whiteline KCA414 front camber bolts make any more adjustment on front camber than the OEM cam bolts?

Edited by RailKill

To be completely honest I'm not sure exactly what the measurement is. The whole modding cars and lowering them thing is new to me over the last year. Ive never measured it, I actually just found out the formula on how to do it manually a couple weeks ago haha ive been meaning to do I just never got around to it. I have them as far in as the stock bolts will let me right now, my front/rear camber actually looks very similar to yours. I was actually just ordering my 22mm eibach rsb when I saw the camber bolts for 26 bucks so I said hey why the heck not ill give them a try.

Anybody have any ideas how to get the top nut loose on my coilover? I have it off the car and it won't even come off with air. The shaft just keeps spinning. I am trying to put my swift spring silencers on and getting frustrated. I wish Tein would have put an Allen wrench hole on top to stop the shaft from spinning.

Okay so I have a 2013 2.5 I limited have already swapped out stock tires and wheels for a 225 45 18 am looking to lower the vehicle any where from 1" to 1.5" to eliminate gap between tire and fender am looking for input on what type of springs people have installed trying to the ride sock not to stiff just a little firmer in the corners. Don't want to bouncy stiff or my wife will kill me. Have looked at swift springs but am told they wont work on the2013 2.5i limited, also have looked at H & R springs. From what I see springs run about 250 to 350 dollars a set

I have also seen coilovers for about 800 to 900 a set JDM DL series are they a better deal or any one know any other brand for about a grand or less or is that just unrealistic...

Thanks

Okay so I have a 2013 2.5 I limited have already swapped out stock tires and wheels for a 225 45 18 am looking to lower the vehicle any where from 1" to 1.5" to eliminate gap between tire and fender am looking for input on what type of springs people have installed trying to the ride sock not to stiff just a little firmer in the corners. Don't want to bouncy stiff or my wife will kill me. Have looked at swift springs but am told they wont work on the2013 2.5i limited, also have looked at H & R springs. From what I see springs run about 250 to 350 dollars a set

I have also seen coilovers for about 800 to 900 a set JDM DL series are they a better deal or any one know any other brand for about a grand or less or is that just unrealistic...

Thanks

I'm running Eibach Pro Kit springs on stock '14 struts and I'm completely satisfied with the ride. They aren't any more or less stiff than stock springs but tighten up the handling feel. They lowered my car 1" all around. They can be bought for around $200 for the set.

Oh yeah, and they are wife approved!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk