LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Do they make a 5th gen Brace or does another car type fit ours? I looked and didn't find one for our cars...

I looked at the cusco...didn't find any info for 5th gen for rear strut brace. I only saw info for front. Many brands for some reason only developed front braces and not rear for 5th gen...other brand cars have both for some reason. Anyone know if any of the tanabe rear strut braces fit the 5th gen Legacy's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, the S2000... a car with the strut towers 2ft away from the firewall, a car that actually could benefit from a strut tower bar :lol: Doesn't really look like a master cylinder brace, just a cover on that S2000...
Yep. My good friend has an S2000 and an RX8. Both good cars. Yes, the strut bar Jordan sells now just comes with a firewall shroud but he's made some with an integrated master cylinder brace in the past.

Type cusco bm pdf inside google.

I removed my link so people dont freak out when it auto downloads.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

It's for the wagon. Do we know if it would fit our sedans?

Hmm... It does say cusco usa on there with a phone number to so cal. May be worth a call.

Edited by fredrik94087

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Hmm... It does say cusco usa on there with a phone number to so cal. May be worth a call.

It says that it fits Legacy Sedan (B4), chassis code BM9. BM9 is our cars, unless I'm wrong, so the Cusco 692 541 A bar should fit. That same bar supposedly also fits 2008- STi's. Now, we know the RSB from the STi fits our car, so maybe any rear strut brace made for the STi will also fit?

It says that it fits Legacy Sedan (B4), chassis code BM9. BM9 is our cars, unless I'm wrong, so the Cusco 692 541 A bar should fit. That same bar supposedly also fits 2008- STi's. Now, we know the RSB from the STi fits our car, so maybe any rear strut brace made for the STi will also fit?

Thanks for finding that information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the plunge and ordered the bar from JNA. I got the last one they had in stock (I hope). I emailed a bunch of other suppliers, and the only other one so far who says they have it in stock was Rally Sport Direct. There's a few currently on eBay. I ordered from JNA because they're nearby in CT.

Megan Racing also makes one (part no. MR-SB-SI08RU1P) that might fit, but it looks of cheaper quality which is probably why it's half the price of the others.

I took the plunge and ordered the bar from JNA. I got the last one they had in stock (I hope). I emailed a bunch of other suppliers, and the only other one so far who says they have it in stock was Rally Sport Direct. There's a few currently on eBay. I ordered from JNA because they're nearby in CT.

Megan Racing also makes one (part no. MR-SB-SI08RU1P) that might fit, but it looks of cheaper quality which is probably why it's half the price of the others.

Thats great but still call cusco usa. Even if the wagon matches the sedan for jdm only at least you know it will fit similar to mine.

Thats great but still call cusco usa. Even if the wagon matches the sedan for jdm only at least you know it will fit similar to mine.

It says it fits the BM9 & BR9. BM is the chassis code for the 5th gen Legacy sedan (our car), and BR is for the 5th gen wagon. The 9 is for the H6 engine, which shouldn't really matter.

Installed some kw v3 coilovers a couple of weeks ago. (no good pix yet), and this weekend i added these (mind the mess).

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/whiteline%20paint/rollcentercorrection_zpsed889890.jpg

The before picture is 6 months ago (I didn't take a profile picture before I started working. I got a little excited.) The front is at the max height within their defined limits (160mm), the rear is at -5mm from max height(125mm). I wish I could go up another 5mm on the front. =|

Before:

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/For%20Sale%20LGT/20130507_185841_zpsa8d84ec9.jpg

After:

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/kaijubei/2012%20LGT/whiteline%20paint/9f95bd64-e0b0-4a63-95c4-30b7c816c30d_zps2085c311.jpg

Cool! That really stands up high tho. The GTSpec unit sits a lot lower.

Actually might be good - you can attach bungies or whatnot to it...

maybe when I throw my wife in the trunk now when she's giving me lip, then she can hang on to something while I racecar. :lol:

maybe when I throw my wife in the trunk now when she's giving me lip, then she can hang on to something while I racecar. :lol:

Perfect for handcuffs. :cool:

You know, I was going to post something very similar.

The subaru crowd is a weird bunch.