LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

So guys, today was dyno day for me. Tranny held up great! 325whp all the way to redline, we did not wot shift per my instructions. 21psi tapering to 18 or so starting at 3600.

Amr 20g/td06 8cm

Racerx fmic

Dw 850cc & 65c pump

Gs ebcs

Tbe

Oem intake (not a limitation per tuner)

So smooth to redline!! No tranny slip in sight while in manual gears.

• Mega Users
Im sure climber will give you a definitive answer, but i doubt the hard shift is nearly as damaging as the soft shifts you had before. I doubt its damaging at all if you consider the stresses it was designed to deal with.

great to hear man!! sounds like its running so smoothly.. wish i could say the same, this infamous tune is taking what seems be to years, but all will be well in the end... i haven't received any revisions and/or fuel cut revisions since i got my base map 2 and a half weeks ago... :( it almost makes me want to swallow the loss, and take my car to a dyno thats about 2 hours away i really need to get this done, i cant even see what my car has now without fuel cut revision

but may i ask why you tapered your boost down 3 pounds?

To all those whom have PM'd me recently: I will have some time over the beginning of this coming week to get caught up and reply to you!

Any sure way to diagnose slipping? L

It's the kind of thing where you know it when it happens. While accelerating, RPM shoots up while vehicle speed does not. A little slipping is normal (due to the fluid coupling in the torque converter), but a lot of slipping, like when it feels like you're car briefly went into neutral, that's really bad.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I gave it a little more thought, and I think your TS turbo is making a lot of torque where stock does not, and the torque converter is only increasing the strain at those low RPMs. So you're hitting a part of the line pressure map that is de-tuned, and making a lot of torque on top of that, so much so a clutch pack is letting go thus causing a chatter. I'm fairly sure it's NOT the TCC causing any issue. That's my educated guess and I'm sticking to it. What valve body & transmission mods do you have?

Hi Dave,

I have your modded VB and a 4454 cooler. The weird thing is that sometimes it happens (twice so far) at light acceleration in low boost from a stop. (And once when I was trying to get a result out of it by flogging) Fluid is still cherry and so far I have yet to find anything in the fluid. (I change out 3 quarts every other 2nd or 3rd oil change which I do every 2-3k) The only other major issue is when in S and if you accellerate and let off the gas she won't shift and then out of the blue it slams into the next highest gear. Otherwise it drives wonderfully. I'm thinking of doing the TCU reset and letting it learn all over again unless you think it's pointless?

BMX,

I don't know if you are coming down to the NY/Tri-State meet but if you do I can try to replicate the problem? (If you don't mind helping me figure it out)

The only other major issue is when in S and if you accellerate and let off the gas she won't shift and then out of the blue it slams into the next highest gear.

It's rare but that happens to me also. I believe it's only on the 3 to 4 upshift. Almost like it's searching...searching...searching...and then WHAM!

...Support your LGT community...

i had no choice and wouldnt wait for david's 08 VB to be ready and got myself an IPT VB, IPT TC and rebuilt kit. will be running in my car 1st b4 tuning..lets see wat results can i get frm IPT.

i am still eagerly waiting for david's 08 VB :) pls let me know when u r gg to produce them, am willing to be the 1st in singapore to use it :)

i had no choice and wouldnt wait for david's 08 VB to be ready and got myself an IPT VB, IPT TC and rebuilt kit. will be running in my car 1st b4 tuning..lets see wat results can i get frm IPT.

i am still eagerly waiting for david's 08 VB :) pls let me know when u r gg to produce them, am willing to be the 1st in singapore to use it :)

hope you read what the IPT 08+ VB consisted of?:eek: maybe you dont want to know cause of the high shipped cost you paid...

and HI, i have family in SG:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Hey maaaan hold out for hexmods. I just dynoed my stock 5eat with a 20g and it was fine. Just lay off the wot shifting. Im holding out till its avail

I watch the gtr's hot lap on the dyno while shifting and i drool. Of coirse the vb mod will not make up for the lack of a double clutch

A typical auto can easiy shift just as fast.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Hey maaaan hold out for hexmods. I just dynoed my stock 5eat with a 20g and it was fine. Just lay off the wot shifting. Im holding out till its avail

:lol:theres not many places to WOT since theres a stop light like everywhere:lol:

wont even get past 2nd gear:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Heh, I "Only" have a VF52.

IMG_20120113_155035.jpg

Dent Sport's dyno produces the lowest readings in the northeast. Lower than EFI, ESP, etc.

Despite that, yes, that is 400 lb-ft at 3100 RPM.

Point is, I almost never make it redline street driving. Lifting off on shifts is a way of life. The delay from the TCU doesn't help though.

EDIT: https://picasaweb.google.com/107596502778874744799/DynoGraphs?feat=content_notification Those are the same dyno. Most of those cars are bonkers, but there are a few "sane" cars to bias it on. WRX swapped CG8 (stg2) at 211hp. STG2 STI at 277.

Edited by ean611