LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I only peaked like 340wtq but that was at 4500rpm. My car was strapped on the dyno so tight the bc's were compressed almost to bumpstop in the rear. Lol.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/MotiveHero/0fd72cc6.jpg

Edited by bmx045

I only peaked like 340wtq but that was at 4500rpm. My car was strapped on the dyno so tight the bc's were compressed almost to bumpstop in the rear. Lol.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/MotiveHero/0fd72cc6.jpg

That looks awesome.

I'm sure when your car passes 4400 RPM it flies.

It does. Bren and I disabled boost control to taper throttle at around 5900 in order to prepare for a stock tranny shift.... once the vb comes we will change this to not taper and continue building power as this turbo with its 8cm can do.

I don't even let it shift at this point, i just let off, shift and get back on it because i know the consequences :lol:

Heh, I "Only" have a VF52.

IMG_20120113_155035.jpg

Dent Sport's dyno produces the lowest readings in the northeast. Lower than EFI, ESP, etc.

Despite that, yes, that is 400 lb-ft at 3100 RPM.

Point is, I almost never make it redline street driving. Lifting off on shifts is a way of life. The delay from the TCU doesn't help though.

EDIT: https://picasaweb.google.com/107596502778874744799/DynoGraphs?feat=content_notification Those are the same dyno. Most of those cars are bonkers, but there are a few "sane" cars to bias it on. WRX swapped CG8 (stg2) at 211hp. STG2 STI at 277.

was the tcc engaged ? i don't think it was thats why the torque numbers were so high.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

was the tcc engaged ? i don't think it was thats why the torque numbers were so high.

Honestly? No idea.

Bottom line, in the butt dyno, it feels fast. If I get around 3200 RPM, I rarely hit peak boost, because on the street, it's too fast for that. At least on winter tires :)

EDIT:

FYI

650cc DW

DP, UP

GMS Cat back (stock mufflers)

RacerX FMIC

Walboro FP

AEM CAI

EBCS

and of course, VF52

TRUCOOL tranny cooler

Edited by ean611

It does. Bren and I disabled boost control to taper throttle at around 5900 in order to prepare for a stock tranny shift.... once the vb comes we will change this to not taper and continue building power as this turbo with its 8cm can do.

I don't even let it shift at this point, i just let off, shift and get back on it because i know the consequences :lol:

Bren is the man! Too bad he's a bit too far away for me.

We should probably move this to the 5eat pride thread.

Maybe, but I'm already in line for the 08+ VB mod, as I am dying to see what effect it has on this setup. I'd love to re-dyno once there is a prototype or candidate for this.

Honestly? No idea.

Bottom line, in the butt dyno, it feels fast. If I get around 3200 RPM, I rarely hit peak boost, because on the street, it's too fast for that. At least on winter tires :)

common there..

this is a graph from another forum of ej257 with 16 g turbo. notice only 300 ft lbs tq 16-12 lbs boost

http://www.mosc.com/d/carpics/dynosmall.jpg

• Mega Users
The revs climb extremely fast down there to get up to stall speed, it's definitely the torque converter making the revs climb faster than normal that's messing with the tq numbers. It's similar to what happens when you use an airboy spreadsheet without using the auto trans logic. I was putting down like 350tq on stage 1 without correcting for the tc.

Not anymore. Sorry. Too many issues with tech support. I dont make the cables. I was buying them from China and holding them in inventory for tuning customers. When it became expected that I fully support the cables, I had to stop selling them. I was selling them as a courtesy. When it became a head ache, I stopped.

bump for the 08 VB. car is back to stage2 and itching for that 18g.

Where are you getting the reset? I bet you could get a vag-com cable next day aired from a vendor for less than you would pay the dealership for a reset. Infamous carries them.

slo motion is just gonna include it all in the price... 600 for new plugs, labor, and tune, is amazing... how can i complain?

slo motion guys rock, they all have been so nice.

Edited by LegacySleeper

Was curious if Franks trans application would work on otherwise stock LGT's? Would be interesting to have push-button RWD and AWD

yes it will

hope you read what the IPT 08+ VB consisted of?:eek: maybe you dont want to know cause of the high shipped cost you paid...

and HI, i have family in SG:)

i read and know wat IPT consist of but i need to retune my car aft all the mods r done up...david cant promise when his production is running for 08 VB so i hv to do with IPT 1st (i can sell away my IPT VB in singapore easily too for a decent price)

oh well, aft running in my car i will do a retune to see wat figures i can get (looking at 420whp) tats why i hope IPT VB can take it. if cant, i will let u bros here know abt it and hope david's 08 VB is in production soon :)

i read and know wat IPT consist of but i need to retune my car aft all the mods r done up...david cant promise when his production is running for 08 VB so i hv to do with IPT 1st (i can sell away my IPT VB in singapore easily too for a decent price)

oh well, aft running in my car i will do a retune to see wat figures i can get (looking at 420whp) tats why i hope IPT VB can take it. if cant, i will let u bros here know abt it and hope david's 08 VB is in production soon :)

My ipt vb was failing at 430whp. Good luck seems their quality is hit and miss

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-