LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

• 2 weeks later...

I've been moving cores fast recently, so wait list is down to 4 people. Maybe 4-6 weeks.

Turnaround on sending in your own valve body is 24-48 hours.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Wish I had the ability to have my car down for a few days to get this done. Unfortunately, I dont have the comfort of another vehicle. Whats the status of the Stage 2 prototype?

How long does it take to learn away the 'slam' shifts after doing a TCU reset? I've put about 350 miles on since the VB sway and the 1st>2nd shift still slams most of the time so last night I did the TCU reset with FreeSSM software.

Also did anyone else notice any changes with their sport shift? I would put it in manual mode and try to shift out of first at 2K rpm and it would say it was in 2nd gear but not shift for a looooong time. It was as if it didn't even acknowledge that I did anything. It seems like when I use the manual shifter only the display says I've changed gears but the car shifts at the same point as it always does in sport mode no matter when I physically shift it.

After the TCU reset, anywhere from 100-400 miles usually. I have concerns about your trans. We'll take it step by step until we have your car shifting right.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

How long does it take to learn away the 'slam' shifts after doing a TCU reset? I've put about 350 miles on since the VB sway and the 1st>2nd shift still slams most of the time so last night I did the TCU reset with FreeSSM software.

Also did anyone else notice any changes with their sport shift? I would put it in manual mode and try to shift out of first at 2K rpm and it would say it was in 2nd gear but not shift for a looooong time. It was as if it didn't even acknowledge that I did anything. It seems like when I use the manual shifter only the display says I've changed gears but the car shifts at the same point as it always does in sport mode no matter when I physically shift it.

the delay is normal , expecially at low throttle. the sport mode seams facter because it initiates the shift sooner .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

the delay is normal , expecially at low throttle. the sport mode seams facter because it initiates the shift sooner .

It's totally different than before the VB mod. Either the delay is even longer or it's not even recognizing my manual shift and just shifting at it's normal shift point. I never liked the manual shift because of the delay so I didn't use it much, but was just wondering if this is happening to other people.

It's totally different than before the VB mod. Either the delay is even longer or it's not even recognizing my manual shift and just shifting at it's normal shift point. I never liked the manual shift because of the delay so I didn't use it much, but was just wondering if this is happening to other people.

Just sent you a long PM explaining what might be going on. But the manual mode issues, that has be confused. It always take around 2 seconds to execute a requested shift, so if it's not doing it then that could be indicative of another problem. Did you ever have the TCU updated by the dealer? It might be worth a call to the dealer with your VIN just to see if they have a software update applicable to your car. I have heard of this solving issues people had several years ago. Something to consider as well.

Check your tranny fluid to make sure it is truly topped off. It took 9 top-offs the last time my pan was off the car. It kept burping and burping and burping and taking more and more fluid. Each time shifts got better.

Just did a drain fill on my tranny last week after 7K miles on my VB mod before my most important track day of the season. Car shifts even better :)

^ yes .. normalyl you have the car jacked up and run the car through the gears about 15 times . don't put it together and drive it .. very bad ..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

F1 VB Installed! It shifts great not acting weird in any way either, shifts smooth in Regular Drive , nice and firm in Sport and Awesome manually shifting. Install is a breeze. Thanks David this was First mod now the rest will follow gonna send core back probably Tuesday just to make sure everything is good. :wub:

IDRVSLO and I got everything in last night. Did the trans filter in the process too. Regular mode drives normally, put about 100 miles on it (1/2 highway) 1-2 seems normal still, 2-3 & 3-4 seem perfect, 4-5 seems normal. All downshifts still seem normal (Normal meaning like they were stock before the VB swap). Hopefully the learning process works all of these things out. Reset TCU right after install as well. 7 qts. seemed to be the sweet spot for me. All in all, if all of the shifts act like the 2-3 shift, I should have done this a long time ago. Sooooo sweet.

IDRVSLO and I got everything in last night. Did the trans filter in the process too. Regular mode drives normally, put about 100 miles on it (1/2 highway) 1-2 seems normal still, 2-3 & 3-4 seem perfect, 4-5 seems normal. All downshifts still seem normal (Normal meaning like they were stock before the VB swap). Hopefully the learning process works all of these things out. Reset TCU right after install as well. 7 qts. seemed to be the sweet spot for me. All in all, if all of the shifts act like the 2-3 shift, I should have done this a long time ago. Sooooo sweet.

Glad it was a successful swap. Definitely check your ATF level again while running after a drive, just to be sure. Your VB had fluid in it, normally they ship with just a few drops in them. So that would explain a lot of the 1 quart difference.

I didn't think you were supposed to WOT for a while?

If it's not kicking too harshly after each time you give it a little more throttle, then keep going until you hit WOT. Some people get there very quickly, some do not.

Will respond to messages hopefully Sunday. Was working all day Friday, on the road all day today (Saturday), from 8am to 11:00pm. Not ignoring, just was limited to iPhone browser.