LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Exhaust Thread

almondcookie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, it doesn't really matter because i placed the order today so if i think it sounds like garbage.. i guess that's too bad for me hahah... uppipes are on backorder til possibly monday.. then they have to get coated.. so they should start the shipment in the middle of next week, so i'll get them in two weeks? i don't know...

I was running the Prodrives for about 6 mos. before my '05 was totaled. If you like the "basso" sound of the boxer engine these are the cans. No drones at 55 to 80. On acceleration you can hear the boxer rumble but not too aggressive. Rumble was very solid and not "canny" at all. I got a thumbs up with my wife. She noticed them but did not complain. I will not run these on wagons due to the low note reverberations. Sandwood ran them in his wagon and, I believe he took them off.

I had an 05 5EAT, AP Stg 2 with TDC's map upgrade, COBB uppipe, Flow Shorty DP Swain coated, 3rd cat and Y pipe were stock and of course, the Prodrives. I liked them a lot. I might get them again for my '06 5MT, this time.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• 2 weeks later...
JDM bumper is 2" shorter apparently... If you get them the fix could be moving the exhaust hangers towards the inlet of the muffler if there is enough space under the bumper but no one AFAIK has bought them... only the STi Genomes.

Anyone know who or where I can get some stainless twin tips from, just tips not mufflers? Also, what size twin tips fit in there, I'm thinking like 2.5". I tried a muffler with dual 3" and it seemed to big. Doing my exhaust soon and really want quad tips like that for less than 1k!

Anyone know who or where I can get some stainless twin tips from, just tips not mufflers? Also, what size twin tips fit in there, I'm thinking like 2.5". I tried a muffler with dual 3" and it seemed to big. Doing my exhaust soon and really want quad tips like that for less than 1k!

Magnaflow sells just tips...http://magnaflow.com/02product/02tips.asp

Pretty sure we've established that the dual tips don't work though...

I posted before, in this thread, about my opinion of the Prodrive axlebacks. I had them for 8 mos. in 05 LGT and loved them.

I now have the AVO Type 2 axlebacks for my 06 LGT. A little pricey than the Prodrives....plus Customs fees. A couple of hours driving around with them convinced me that they were worth the money.

If your preference is quiet but louder than stock, this is the set. No drones. Very subtle boxer rumble. The tips do not stick out like the Prodrives. The left and right edges of the mufflers stick out just a little bit from the rounded corners of the bumper.

I expect them to get louder after my DP shorty and Midpipe HFC are installed.

They might even sound good in a wagon.

Don't ask for "audio" and "video" clips 'cuz that is my handicap.:(

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Archived