LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Exhaust Thread

almondcookie

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're pretty cool. :)

Kakimoto - never heard of it. Can you supply a bit more history on this company? Here in the US, we're woefully undereducated, in terms of much of the Legacy pieces.

Close ups, please, autumn?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I think they're pretty cool. :)

Kakimoto - never heard of it. Can you supply a bit more history on this company? Here in the US, we're woefully undereducated, in terms of much of the Legacy pieces.

Close ups, please, autumn?

The exhaust is from the land of the rising sun... i have no idea where you can get them in the US, bro....

some close-up pics

You can check out the exhaust in this web: www.kakimotoracing.co.jp

963934015_Regu06R.JPG.1a01b07fb926de3eb1a8e0097c56e787.JPG

rear.JPG.039c60b5d46dbaf2b3c65f73373ccea1.JPG

^ Cool stuff, thanks! :) I really do like it.

Question - can you "tuck up" the rear a bit more, by using shorter hangers or even moving to the "half hanger" location, per the "tuck mod?" I think that might give it an even meaner look.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Cool stuff, thanks! :) I really do like it.

Question - can you "tuck up" the rear a bit more, by using shorter hangers or even moving to the "half hanger" location, per the "tuck mod?" I think that might give it an even meaner look.

well, tried but cannot be done unless i remove the original hangers & weld new shorter hangers to the cannisters but that will damage will finely-crafted work originally from Kakimoto... me still exploring other ways to raise them an inch higher............. thanks man!got your point!

TSI+WRX is talking about these rubber hangers, not metal pieces welded to the cans. There are shorter versions sold in the US and made by Kartboy.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i saw this on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-2-5-GT-05-07-3-Catback-Exhaust-Systems_W0QQitemZ250427487243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a4ea4340b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

and its really cheap.... it also looks pretty decent too... i already have the megan single tips but thought i would share this with other people maybe looking....

• 1 year later...

Many, many, many choices.

Best type: Catless UP/into catless TBE

Mfgrs: Perrin, AVO, COBB, Invidia, Tanabe, Agency Power, Stromung - best of breed IMO.

But you need to determine what fits your lifestyle, budget and Significant Other requirements. IOW - YMMV.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Many, many, many choices.

Best type: Catless UP/into catless TBE

Mfgrs: Perrin, AVO, COBB (Made By Stromung and out of production), Invidia (major fit issues with Q300 even on V3 now), Tanabe, Agency Power (not in my opinion), Stromung (obviously I am bias towards the Stromung since it is mine) - best of breed IMO.

But you need to determine what fits your lifestyle, budget and Significant Other requirements. IOW - YMMV.

Notice that even of Dales picks two are made by Stromung. Stromung, FTW!

• 5 years later...

Archived