LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Exhaust Thread

almondcookie

UGHH! DANGIT! I can't get any of them to open either! I really want to hear the LGT and some good beefy sound...not to downplay any of them, but most that I've heard have been really rice rockety, and I def don't want that sound AT ALL....

Lachute sounds nice, but that was the only one I could get to open up...

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll move the files back when I get home. When I first posted all the files there was waaaaay too much traffic to the server. I couldn't even check my email. =P.

Files should be back online by 9pm EST.

Thanks almondcookie,

I do have a few questions for you. :confused:

One of these setups in the legacy exhausts zip file is notated as

Greddy/Trust Power Extreme (JDM). Do you know if this a catback or turboback system?

Do you know who's legacy it is on? Are there any other clips for it? From the sound of the one clip this is the system I'm looking for. It gives the boxer 4 the sound of a rumbling v8.:D

Thanks again for your work with this exhaust thread, it's been a great help.:cool:

I have bosal sound clips and video at my house computer. I think it is the nicest sounding of them all but since it will only be sold through subaru it is probably going to be very $$$

When is the Bosal Cat-Back coming out? And does anyone have sound clips?

(If I like it should be available through Subaru's part department and I can use Subaru bucks toward it.)

I grabbed all the JDM sound clips from a couple japanese sites. Most, if not all the cars, were new-er. The sites didn't specify the owner but only the car and the exhaust and some other mods. Some are really nice but some are so crazy loud it's not funny. Maybe it was the recording level or something.

Remember that the japanese cars are 2.0L not 2.5 like ours.

Make a boxer sound like a v8. The boxer sound is pretty distinct. Maybe what you want is more than a catback or a turboback. Maybe the header also? I'll put the files back online and you can download them and listen for yourself ... See what you like.

I have bosal sound clips and video at my house computer. I think it is the nicest sounding of them all but since it will only be sold through subaru it is probably going to be very $$$

cool, please post those clips.

yeah, subaru will charge a butt load for them. good thing is that i have about 300 subaru bucks to use.

Absolutely freakin sick! Where did you get those from? How much were they? Is there any possible way to run turboback piping, then put those on the end? Do you have any other sound clips, in the lower rpm range?

Thanks Man! Yeah, I love those cans! I've only got that one video on the dyno... but the sound is much more of a rumbling boxer sound when at lower RPMs, and similar when idling. It is very quiet when I want it to be... ;) but when I want some attention I can give it some throttle and be heard!

As for attachment of a turbo to rear axle exhaust! I'm pretty sure they will work with most systems where the stock mid-pipe is used, but I'm waiting for a stealthback system like the one made by TXS! I actually have one sitting in my garage, but I've heard that the fitment issues to make it work were not fun to deal with! Someone will offer a stealthback system soon... I hope!

For now I'm happy.... the weight reduction alone for the mufflers is significant enough to make just the axle back change worth while, but the bling factor is what makes me smile! :D Genome STI :dm: all right!

I've got a relatively stock powertrain otherwise (zero sport intake bend hose & removed silencer from the airbox) and I pulled 198 wheel hp & 235 ft/lbs...:p

Just heard a Stromung exhaust today, friggin SICK!

I'm not joking it's a beastly sound...the exact one I want...

Of course, I heard it on a wagon, but i'm sure it will sound the same way

on the sedan...

Omg, that's on my list...

And the Dual tips...;)

I had two magnaflows w/ a custom exhaust done a couple of weeks ago. They fabricated a new "Y" pipe. So it is now 2.5" to a 2.25" pipe w/ the two mangaflows. I used the stock tips to make it look stock. I kept the resonator in. I love the sound. Looking at the stock muffler, they have to be restrictive, having a huge baffle design.

Archived