LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Exhaust Thread

almondcookie

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which cans did you get? And did they come with those oval muffle tips to start with, or did you have them make special oval tips to fit over the end of the pipe?

Not sure of the part #, but they are Magnaflow cans. The tips come prewelded to the mufflers. I chose the round canister style mufflers....

I'm looking to order a couple of Magnaflow 5x8 mufflers (universal) and having a 2.5" CBE all the way to these mufflers and having the stock muffler tips welded on.

Question: If I have a 2.5" resonator installed (say... 12-16") after the cat, would that quiet the system up?

I don't want it to be much louder than stock, but I want the flow.

Is this possible.... or am I just dreaming?

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Not sure of the part #, but they are Magnaflow cans. The tips come prewelded to the mufflers. I chose the round canister style mufflers....

I think the part number may be #14864... it's the only round canister with rolled edge oval tip I could find on their web site (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=842)... 6" diameter with 14" length sound right?

Very awesome setup in both looks and sound!! :p

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

I'm looking to order a couple of Magnaflow 5x8 mufflers (universal) and having a 2.5" CBE all the way to these mufflers and having the stock muffler tips welded on.

Question: If I have a 2.5" resonator installed (say... 12-16") after the cat, would that quiet the system up?

I don't want it to be much louder than stock, but I want the flow.

Is this possible.... or am I just dreaming?

It might. Today I just installed a 4" round Magnaflow muffler in place of my Vibrant resonator in hopes that it would quite down the exhaust. To my ears it hasn't. At 70 mph it is still booming in the wagon.

so that setup in the vids is just the resonator an mufflers? what about from turboback.. it's still stock?

I'm running a Perrin downpipe, so I am catless (also running a crucial uppipe). I am running a 22" resonator, which is why it is so quiet. The exhaust is really bassy, its louder at lower rpms than it is at higher rpms.

It might. Today I just installed a 4" round Magnaflow muffler in place of my Vibrant resonator in hopes that it would quite down the exhaust. To my ears it hasn't. At 70 mph it is still booming in the wagon.

Bummer. But oh well.... I'm gonna have it done anyway. 2.5" from the cat back, w/ a 12-16" resonator to two Magnaflow universal mufflers with my stock tips welded on!

Hopefully.... I get the sound (or lack of) that I'm looking for!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

I'm looking at the Magnaflow 14216 universal muffler. Two of these w/ the stock tips welded on for stock look.

Can be seen here:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=600

These will flow better than the stock units right? Along with 2.5" from the cat back, including the Y pipe.

Again.... I'm either retaining the stock resonator... or having a new 12-16" resonator added after the cat..... to avoid too many Db above stock.

I'm running a Perrin downpipe, so I am catless (also running a crucial uppipe). I am running a 22" resonator, which is why it is so quiet. The exhaust is really bassy, its louder at lower rpms than it is at higher rpms.

i'd love to do the same thing, or just gut my cats.. but new jersey is kinda anal about their emissions.. i don't wanna take a chance.. so hopefully i'll remove two and replace one with a high flow. Exhaust fucks me the hardest lol

It seems most of the other bits are readily available out there short of good cat-backs for the LGT. I mean downpipes, up-pipes and even axle-backs (I like the Prodrive ones :)) but very few really nice and relatively reasonable ones that are somewhat quiet are readily available. Too bad nobody makes a well resonated intermediate pipe and Y-pipe that you can pick up and mate to a set of mufflers (stock mounting points of course), that seems like it would be a relatively simple solution. Hmm, maybe someone like Maddad could do something like this. Just don't want one of the uber-loud droning exhausts when we've got the rest of the car figured out for the most part.

^^+1!

I was able to get a higher flowing exhaust (over stock) on my Accord with a 2.25" cat back done in an exhaust shop w/ a Magnaflow.

I went without the resonator at first for a couple of weeks.... but it was just a bit too much noise for me, so I returned and had a 12" resonator added of the same diameter!

The Db' dropped significantly and I didn't notice any loss of power (butt dyno). It was MORE than gentleman around town & on the highway.

The intake was louder! HaHa!

I've got all my parts figured out what I want for my Stage 2 + Protune but getting the right cat-back components is a question mark for me as I haven't seen the right goods out and if I have I'd deemed it more expensive than I'd prefer to spend, like $1500 on a cat-back is quite unreasonable by my tune.

Is it safe to say then that a Stainless Resonated Intermediate Pipe + Y-pipe (3->2x2.25") solution is probably one of the most garnered solutions on the market right now for the LGT if produced for <$350? Allows us to use desired DP and desired muffler type from any mfg.

Is it safe to say then that a Stainless Resonated Intermediate Pipe + Y-pipe (3->2x2.25") solution is probably one of the most garnered solutions on the market right now for the LGT if produced for <$350? Allows us to use desired DP and desired muffler type from any mfg.

The Magnaflows are about 100 each add that to a muffler back you propose in the 350 range and we have a full catback for under 600 dollars. Sounds good but likley wont happen since most are in the 900-1K range.

I was talking just a resonated Intermediate pipe and Y-Pipe stainless sections allowing you to use your own muffler selection. That cost or less. There seems to be enough people fabbing their own setups for this, why can't a vendor supply a decent solution?

I was talking just a resonated Intermediate pipe and Y-Pipe stainless sections allowing you to use your own muffler selection. That cost or less. There seems to be enough people fabbing their own setups for this, why can't a vendor supply a decent solution?

Something like this......without the prison gang rape pricetag? I'd buy one.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_8&products_id=221

You all are putting some sweet sounding setups together. Can't wait for a fun run in the spring so I can hear some of these setups first hand. SDE had his Stromung DT on at last year's and it was a sweet sound. I particularly liked that Autospeed TBE setup too. And the price, considering that it is a full TBE was a pretty good deal too. I'm just wondering whether the Cobb AP will have maps for these setups. You can always go for a protune, which is what I intend to do but it would be nice to take advantage of these individual systems out of the box.

And Sube555 I agree about the Prodrive stuff - If I can swing it, I'll probably go with a full Prodrive setup. That's just a great system.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

NewScooby, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Well, for like $350 or under I think it would be much more marketable. While the AVO assembly is quite nice, I couldn't find a reason to spend $620 just for that.

Cobb Catted DP = $575 ave.

Prodrive Dual Axle-Back Exhaust = $600 - Rallisport Direct

*vendor* Stainless Resonated Intermediate/Y-Pipe Section = $350 Est

Pieced Turbo-back = a semi-reasonable $1525

Yes exactly, a resonated mid-pipe going to a Y in wich you can connect mufflers of your choice. You said in the 350 range add 100 per muffler (Magnaflow) and we have a full catback for under 600 dollars. I think we all would agree we'd be all over that.

NewScooby, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Well, for like $350 or under I think it would be much more marketable. While the AVO assembly is quite nice, I couldn't find a reason to spend $620 just for that.

Cobb Catted DP = $575 ave.

Prodrive Dual Axle-Back Exhaust = $600 - Rallisport Direct

*vendor* Stainless Resonated Intermediate/Y-Pipe Section = $350 Est

Pieced Turbo-back = a semi-reasonable $1525

An axleback already includes the Y section no? I agree 620 for that is steep. Bet they cant keep them on the shelves for that price (sarcasm).

An axleback already includes the Y section no? I agree 620 for that is steep. Bet they cant keep them on the shelves for that price (sarcasm).

Axle back does not include the Y.

I sent an email to Autospeed tonight and asked if they are willing in having a groupbuy on their turboback and catback exhausts here on LegacyGT.com. If interested, send an email to info@autospeedperformance.com

Archived