LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah sorry phone died and we were limited by the shtupid wastegate spring. Only holds 16 psi. Raffi is shipping me the stronger spring tomorrow. Still, car runs amazingly. So f ucking responsive! We hit just over 300 whp, but with 24 psi we should get close to 400. Wastegate duty is at 95% at the moment. I'll post graphs when I get to my computer.

Disabled the code. Had a nice drive up to Alta. Finally get it registered on Saturday.

Final numbers (for now) are about 315 whp and 280 torque. Apparently this turbo will have higher horsepower output than torque. The graphs are .xps files that I can't open on my Mac so I'll have to jump on the gf's PC and upload them later.

Next on the list: Wastegate spring and an AEM map sensor. Should be looking at 380 whp easy.

Littleblue is going to attempt to host the graph for me. I finally got around to checking it out and we ended at 277 whp and 307 torque. After being in 350 whp LGTs locally, it feels better... given the responsiveness. New wastegate actuator is already on the way! I'm hoping I can install it without removing the turbo :spin:.

chad, so you made 227whp/307wtq at 16psi, correct?

at about 18 tapering to 15psi i made ~340whp on a dynojet that reads a stock GR at 210whp so i think your figures sound about right and i'm definitely eager for your 24psi run on e85.

how much longer after actuator arrival is the tune?

and i had to thread the actuator rod after a couple runs on the dyno to adjust it and while not easy, it is possible to remove and install without removing the turbo.

we used a flexible shaft mechanical finger to get those two smaller nuts out without dropping - it made the job much easier.

this guy:

http://www.tptools.com/eccStoreImages/product_images/Images/ct-9435-fingers_L.jpg

i look forward to your dyno plot being posted from this run so i can compare and i hope you have your final results before mine. good luck - sir!

chad, so you made 227whp/307wtq at 16psi, correct?

at about 18 tapering to 15psi i made ~340whp on a dynojet that reads a stock GR at 210whp so i think your figures sound about right and i'm definitely eager for your 24psi run on e85.

how much longer after actuator arrival is the tune?

and i had to thread the actuator rod after a couple runs on the dyno to adjust it and while not easy, it is possible to remove and install without removing the turbo.

we used a flexible shaft mechanical finger to get those two smaller nuts out without dropping - it made the job much easier.

this guy:

http://www.tptools.com/eccStoreImages/product_images/Images/ct-9435-fingers_L.jpg

i look forward to your dyno plot being posted from this run so i can compare and i hope you have your final results before mine. good luck - sir!

Thanks! It's actually 277.... I'd like to get the car retuned within a couple weeks.

2 MOAR weeks, you killing us! If my engine ever blew I don't think I would have the patience for all that you have done. I guess that is what pioneering is all about. Work out all the bugs and get a kit together for the rest of us to make it easy! That would be great:wub:

you giving this board bad reputation with comment like that

...says guy who drop spam in middle of other guy's build thread

[...] Raffi is shipping me the stronger spring tomorrow. Still, car runs amazingly. So f ucking responsive! We hit just over 300 whp, but with 24 psi we should get close to 400.

What fuel are you using? Pump gas or E85? I know the original plan was for E85 but that was, well, quite a while ago. :)

And are you using water/meth injection?

Thanks!

Chad, I converted the .xps to a .pdf file and I will attach it here. Unfortunately we just changed our ftp management process so I cannot get this hosted yet. Everyone should be able to see the attached file...not bad power for 13.5psi by redline.

Take care,

Christian.

I guess I don't need to anymore.

What does a normal stage2 STI do on this dyno? I don't just want the number, I want to see a dyno sheet.

Archived