LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

Finally got my graphs. I'll try to find a way to host them.
Chad, I converted these files to a .pdf for easier viewing, as well as one .jpg so anyone can host it for you.

I wish I could have been there sir, but work duty called. Nice looking curves sir, Alex did a good job calibrating the vehicle from what I can see. Drive it and enjoy it.

Man...looking at these curves in no way describes how quickly the car responds to throttle input. This car feels like a tuned NA 2.5RS until the turbo throws you back.

Enjoy the car!

Christian.

19-20psi COMP.pdf

Highest Power Graph.pdf

526074164_HighestPowerGraph.jpg.ecfa2d48b4f3bbc92677433ec5e1607c.jpg

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dyno plot looks good. Love how it pulls harder and harder as rpms climb. I was most looking forward to see how torque and peak boost develop and I must say I'm a little disappointed. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, but I was hoping for a broader power band and peak boost prior to 4200rpms.. Given the complexity of the build and new turbo tech, under 4500rpms this setup doesn't appear like anything special (on the dyno anyways). I realize the dyno doesn't describe all aspects of power. Overall this looks fantastic though. Enjoy it!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Dyno plot looks good. Love how it pulls harder and harder as rpms climb. I was most looking forward to see how torque and peak boost develop and I must say I'm a little disappointed. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, but I was hoping for a broader power band and peak boost prior to 4200rpms.. Given the complexity of the build and new turbo tech, under 4500rpms this setup doesn't appear like anything special (on the dyno anyways). I realize the dyno doesn't describe all aspects of power. Overall this looks fantastic though. Enjoy it!

Turbo is capable of a hell of a lot more, but it looks like the SS6758 or the new one (7163 maybe???) is the way to go for Stage2 low end, but much higher power.

Look here:

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/efr6758-stock-sti-turbo-killer/

For the lazy, here is a quick plot vs a tuned VF turbo:

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/efr6758vsstg3-550x343.jpg

Here is the 7163 in SS version (no TS AFAIK) close to maxed out on pump & alky:

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/efr7163vs6758bad17bar.jpg]

So I am quite confident the 7064 can do a lot more on E85 and if the boost is turned up.

Here it actually out-spools the 6758, which should mean it is a 400+ whp turbo that spools slightly faster then the stock turbo. Notice I did not say spools as fast as stock, but as fast as the stock turbo (w/ mods and tune). I guess Jeff Perrin found out after testing the 6758 that he had issues with the TGV being partially stuck, so the 6758 plots could actually be better.

Keep in mind that the run was started at 3300 rpm..I suspect if he started at 2000-2500 the peak boost would have hit much earlier on.

Enjoy the ride, looks like a really sweet street monster. :)

Keep in mind that the run was started at 3300 rpm..I suspect if he started at 2000-2500 the peak boost would have hit much earlier on.

It definitely wasn't started at 3300rpms because it looks like there is already positive MRP of 3psi or so... but you raise a good point.. maybe the pull was started late(?) The aggressive cropping on this dyno graph on the left leaves us guessing where the run started. Could be anywhere between 2000-3000rpms for all we know. Get us some logs, Chizad! ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I mean it looks good but once i'm done with my td06 20g... i'd expect that graph to be slid left some. ( i've just been limping on it for now since i need a new clutch to handle anymore power and i'm sitting on the fence with an sti tranny swap (to drop 6k? in a 8k car or not to 6k? ))

Took the car on a ~80 mile canyon run this weekend. It was 100+ degrees and I ran the car hard. No issues at all, except when I was going about 130 with the AC on, my temp gauge came up just a little over half way so I backed off. The power delivery mid range and coming out of turns is awesome. Very happy with this setup. As long as my motor/trans hold up, I'll probably wait until next year to replace the block and turn up the boost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived