LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took it drag racing last week and couldn't get out of the hole without bogging unless I did a hard launch that kept my wheels spinning. Super sticky staging area. But, it's not built for drag anyways.

My quickest launches so far have been from relying on wheelspin to keep the motor from bogging. The alternative is to rely on clutch slip, which I'm not real comfortable with, but on a really sticky track I couldn't get the wheels to spin at all.

I want to try pumping up the rear tires next time I can't get them to spin, that didn't occur to me at the time.

• 1 month later...
Raising air pressure should do the opposite of giving you traction... The stiffer the tire is the less the ability it has to have more rubber in contact with the road at the same time. In drag racing you want low tire pressure for the best hook up this allows for more of the tire to have contact with the road at the same time giving you better tractions. If that makes sense.
Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

Raising air pressure should do the opposite of giving you traction... The stiffer the tire is the less the ability it has to have more rubber in contact with the road at the same time. In drag racing you want low tire pressure for the best hook up this allows for more of the tire to have contact with the road at the same time giving you better tractions. If that makes sense.

Yeah... but... well... read the post above yours. The whole thing. :)

• 6 months later...

Well... I wouldn't recommend it! Depends on what you're going for.

Car has been parked for months due to an awesome amount of snow we had this season. Finally took it for a spin and gave it a bath. Clutch is starting to slip and I found a small fuel leak, but that's it! Still feels and runs amazingly.

The amount of custom work that was necessary made it very difficult (and expensive). If you look through the thread, you'll see everything that had to be done. Eventually, there will be a stock location option which I would definitely go for. Unless you are looking for huge power and you have the patience and resources, then do it.

I'm just barely tapping into the potential of this turbo. I plan on a built block, headwork, and a built transmission in the future.

Wow... Thanks for the honesty! I was expecting a "do it now " answer? Hahaha! I am really just getting started on my research but am leaning towards one of the BW ts setups. I know full race has some legacy systems that look good to me, but like I said I'm just getting started. I have a 5eat that needs some upgrading before it can handle that type of power. Thanks for the info.

• 5 months later...

Archived