LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

What you aren't seeing is that there was a v7 for the earlier (4th gen) NAV systems that has been updated on Kenwood's site with v8, as seen in the link you posted. I know for a fact there was a v7 because it's currently what map discs I run in my 06. The 5th gen NAV is only on v7 as seen in your link.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What you aren't seeing is that there was a v7 for the earlier (4th gen) NAV systems that has been updated on Kenwood's site with v8, as seen in the link you posted. I know for a fact there was a v7 because it's currently what map discs I run in my 06. The 5th gen NAV is only on v7 as seen in your link.

Yes you are correct. I noticed the different version for 4th gen. In my case I was referring version 7 of the maps for 5th gen.

Does version 7 work in the 2006? Doesn't appear to from the ebay description, but if it does, I'd be willing to split cost.

I can mail a SD card if someone is willing to put the images on it for me. (Return postage, too!)

Version 7 only works with the following models.

Outback-2010-12

Legacy-2010-12

Impreza/WRX/STI-2008-2011

Forester-2009-2011

Yes you are correct. I noticed the different version for 4th gen. In my case I was referring version 7 of the maps for 5th gen.

Well he specifically asked for a 4th gen - so you're misleading him. That's why I corrected you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I find out what version my 2007 LegacyGT is running? And if I wanted to get newer versions of the discs, what is the easiest, most cost effective way to do this? I don't need the newest discs, just something newer.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If anyone is interested in burning me the DVD for a price, pm me. Paying $266.49 is outrageous.

You said it. $266 for something I get on my phone for almost nothing. I just want the convenience of not having to use my phone once in a while. There is no WAY nav DVD's should cost as much as they do. It's a ripoff.

• 4 months later...

Zombie thread.....

anyone ever get their hands on version 8 to say if it's worth it or not??? Also..anyone ever make a copy for us??

GROUP BUY?

I am going to call kenwood and see if this will work with my 08 LGT. it says 2006-2009 Legacy but i'll confirm... if I can't get a group buy I'll beg for a military discount and see what comes of it. If anyone is using this i'd love to see any upgrades.. pretty sure i have v3 still..no idea though because when i went to look at my cd it's a DVD-R haha

Zombie thread.....

anyone ever get their hands on version 8 to say if it's worth it or not??? Also..anyone ever make a copy for us??

GROUP BUY?

I am going to call kenwood and see if this will work with my 08 LGT. it says 2006-2009 Legacy but i'll confirm... if I can't get a group buy I'll beg for a military discount and see what comes of it. If anyone is using this i'd love to see any upgrades.. pretty sure i have v3 still..no idea though because when i went to look at my cd it's a DVD-R haha

I'd still be in for a group by if we can get the price down. I'd have to imagine there should be enough interest to get the price low enough. I have a 2007 LegacyGT so it should work with it. Please keep me posted.

Also, where is our NAV CD located in Limiteds? I always thought under the drivers seat.

I'd still be in for a group by if we can get the price down. I'd have to imagine there should be enough interest to get the price low enough. I have a 2007 LegacyGT so it should work with it. Please keep me posted.

Also, where is our NAV CD located in Limiteds? I always thought under the drivers seat.

Under the drivers seat. Pull the seat all the way forward and there will be a metal box under your seat:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/nav06b.JPG

The metal door is held closed by two plastic tabs, just push down and flip up. Then hit the eject button just like a regular dvd player.

Pics and Info here

Kenwood said no military discount.. it was worth a shot lol

Charles

Yes this is the software for your original navigation system.

Just so you know when you order 86283XA12A VERSION 8.0 WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE YOU TO THE NEWER VERSION COMING OUT THIS WEEK AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE

Thanks

Dave

SUBJECT: Kenwood Store Contact

comments: Part #: 86283XA12A

I want to verify this will work with my 2008 Legacy GT. I have no idea what version I am running now, I would guess v2 or v3, but when i checked my CD, it was replaced with a DVD-r before I had purchased the car.

Thank you.

Charles

Yes this is the software for your original navigation system.

Just so you know when you order 86283XA12A VERSION 8.0 WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE YOU TO THE NEWER VERSION COMING OUT THIS WEEK AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE

Thanks

Dave

SUBJECT: Kenwood Store Contact

comments: Part #: 86283XA12A

I want to verify this will work with my 2008 Legacy GT. I have no idea what version I am running now, I would guess v2 or v3, but when i checked my CD, it was replaced with a DVD-r before I had purchased the car.

Thank you.

So we'd need about 12 interested people to get it down to about $20 a piece or 6 interested people to get it to about $40 each (which about the max I'd want to pay). I think that is totally doable and sending payment via paypal.

Keep me posted. I hope a couple more people get in on it. Should it be fairly simple for you to make a copy of the disc? Does it have any copy protection?

Also, I'm assuming it comes with East and West discs?

So we'd need about 12 interested people to get it down to about $20 a piece or 6 interested people to get it to about $40 each (which about the max I'd want to pay). I think that is totally doable and sending payment via paypal.

Keep me posted. I hope a couple more people get in on it. Should it be fairly simple for you to make a copy of the disc? Does it have any copy protection?

Also, I'm assuming it comes with East and West discs?

Stop everything.

Look at what I got for an email

It’s version 8.0 release 2014 that is applicable for your vehicle

There are two disks in the set – West and East.

Price is $30 per disk

If it needs shipped I ask extra $5 to cover mailing expenses

Haha! I'll make a torrent for everyone to have access to as soon as I get it!

Stop everything.

Look at what I got for an email

It’s version 8.0 release 2014 that is applicable for your vehicle

There are two disks in the set – West and East.

Price is $30 per disk

If it needs shipped I ask extra $5 to cover mailing expenses

Haha! I'll make a torrent for everyone to have access to as soon as I get it!

So it would be $65 shipped for both discs or $35 shipped for just the East Disc correct?

I'm still interested so please PM me to let me know if that's the case. Thanks.

Archived