LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just burned this out last night and popped it in this morning, and no offense but Kenwood COMPLETELY fucked you over good! I mean like no lube and some sandpaper.

I live in Dallas, and there have been at least 4-5 major highway projects completed in the last 4-5 years, that don't show up on the map as being there. 190 does not go West of I-35 for one. Dallas North Tollway doesn't go past Legacy either.

I appreciate your effort in getting these up, but they are an older version and I'm going too stick with my toyota maps for the continued being.

So just burned this out last night and popped it in this morning, and no offense but Kenwood COMPLETELY fucked you over good! I mean like no lube and some sandpaper.

I live in Dallas, and there have been at least 4-5 major highway projects completed in the last 4-5 years, that don't show up on the map as being there. 190 does not go West of I-35 for one. Dallas North Tollway doesn't go past Legacy either.

I appreciate your effort in getting these up, but they are an older version and I'm going too stick with my toyota maps for the continued being.

I didn't get these from kenwood. That stuff is almost $300 out the door. Nonsense lol. Sorry to hear this isn't helping you out though, would you mind explaining which toyota discs you are using that are able to work in our system?

I didn't get these from kenwood. That stuff is almost $300 out the door. Nonsense lol. Sorry to hear this isn't helping you out though, would you mind explaining which toyota discs you are using that are able to work in our system?

Phew, okay yeah i know how expensive they are from Kenwood and it's ridiculous. I found a couple of years ago someone posted that the Toyota maps work, since Toyota and Subaru now share a lot of the same parts etc. Can't remember where I got them from. I know it was a torrent file. There's no audio, but East and West are on the same DVD....Might be back in this thread that someone posted about it maybe do a search. It's been a few years since I DL it, but it's out there....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/version-6-navigation-dvd-coming-soon-157122.html?p=4735594&highlight=toyota+maps#post4735594

back here somewhere it talks about it

I am about to burn West V8 and noticed 2 files inside named east cd.mds and east cd.iso. Comparing them to V7 when I burned it back in 2013 the files were not included should I remove them.

I am about to burn West V8 and noticed 2 files inside named east cd.mds and east cd.iso. Comparing them to V7 when I burned it back in 2013 the files were not included should I remove them.

Technically.. all you need is the .iso burned onto the DVD. It contains the bootable version of maps that makes it launch like a movie in a dvd player.

Technically.. all you need is the .iso burned onto the DVD. It contains the bootable version of maps that makes it launch like a movie in a dvd player.
Hi thanks for the info I was just more concern with the West files folder inside the files there are 2 east cost files. If I double click on east cd.mds it opens IMGBurn which is fine will this extract east coast DVD Nav or west coast. I only have 1 DL DVD left.

Thanks

Hi thanks for the info I was just more concern with the West files folder inside the files there are 2 east cost files. If I double click on east cd.mds it opens IMGBurn which is fine will this extract east coast DVD Nav or west coast. I only have 1 DL DVD left.

Thanks

In that case wait a bit... i will combine the dvd .iso's and send them to you in a PM. It's going to be a few hours for the west do d/l to me then I'll upload to my drive and send you a link.

In that case wait a bit... i will combine the dvd .iso's and send them to you in a PM. It's going to be a few hours for the west do d/l to me then I'll upload to my drive and send you a link.

Could you send it to me as well please? So would this be east and west on one disc? Would it have turn by turn?

Thanks.

VERS 8

that should be all you need

Ummm...I downloaded this and burned it...my car says it is version 0.3?? My 7.0 DVD says 7.0. Old and new version screens below are attached. I think the original DVD that came with my car in 2007 was 0.3....

20150409_212021.thumb.jpg.c855ee0fa5340bd1e03a3995ce4ccfc8.jpg

20150409_212059.thumb.jpg.72541e61cd3a49f9031cb379dd666f70.jpg

Ummm...I downloaded this and burned it...my car says it is version 0.3?? My 7.0 DVD says 7.0. Old and new version screens below are attached. I think the original DVD that came with my car in 2007 was 0.3....

Burned mine as well using Disk Utility on my Mac and the same thing happened. I only burned the East .iso file on the DVD. Was I supposed to do something with that .msd file as well?

Burned mine as well using Disk Utility on my Mac and the same thing happened. I only burned the East .iso file on the DVD. Was I supposed to do something with that .msd file as well?

.msd are the voice files for turn by turn nav. Also, did you put east and west on the same cd or different. If different, did you check vers of both?

Sorry for all the issues guys. I went through and checked all the version texts. Looks like a v3 got stuck in a v8 folder from an older disc i had. I am updating them now on here and on the other thread "All things nav" in the interior/audio forum.

Sorry for a hiccups, but at least for v9 it should go smoother since this is my first time, kind of learning as I go.

Archived