LegacyGT.com

Version 6 of navigation dvd is coming soon!

mariojas

sweet, google drive is much easier. thank you again for doing this. ETA on when it will be up? im supposed to lead a cruise tomorrow and having the new maps would be great.

also, correct me if im wrong, but if dual layer dvd can only hold 9GB, and the files are 12gb, then how will we be able to fit it all on the disk?

keep in mind some of the files support the .iso which are used to apply it to a dvd that will .exe (executable file) launch when put into a dvd player will take up space as well. This came from a DVD so it will fit back on a DVD

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually both disks have all the maps, and the difference between E and W is the POI's.

Downloaded fast. Uncompressed slow. Burning .ISO. Will report shortly.

I think I'm missing something. Why include two copies - both the .iso and loose files?

EAST is uploading to a separate google account currently so it should be avail. tonight if all goes well. I will remake a link to them both in one post, then I will go back to the main nav forum and make a short write up. If anyone knows a MOD and would prefer it to get a sticky, please have them PM me. They can make any revisions to the write up they would like.

Burnt ISO working correctly. Excellent. Thank you good sir! "east cd.iso" has West POIs.

Depressingly, the map data is still way out of date, grr, argh, Kenwood.

East is on its way. Sorry to hear it's still out of date...maybe v9 will fix some of that in the next few weeks/months. Glad to hear it's all working well though. I'm sure it will be a step up. I can't even test it in my leggy for another month or so :( Still mid-build so it's at the garage.

lSO doesn't contain map data, it is only used to mount the disc image and make it bootable. (run when put into a computer/dvd/nav system)

What do you mean? An .ISO is usually - and this one appears to be - a FULL copy of the DVD. This one is the full size of a DVD. I copied just the .ISO to my computer with the burner, didn't copy anything else, and burnt the .ISO. All is working.

Sometimes you can copy just the contents and have things work, sometimes you can't. But an .ISO should be a full block-for-block copy.

I'm not complaining - it's working for me!

East is on its way. Sorry to hear it's still out of date...maybe v9 will fix some of that in the next few weeks/months. Glad to hear it's all working well though. I'm sure it will be a step up. I can't even test it in my leggy for another month or so :( Still mid-build so it's at the garage.

Oh, hah ... this is still v8? I was ... overly ... hahaha.

I saw your comment, saw that they're claiming v9 on the web site now ... I hoped/assumed/convinced myself.

So ... uh ... your v8 isn't any better than the v8 I was previously using. :-D

Hoping you can help me out here. The .iso file burns fine, but shows up as version 3.0. I was able to burn it and it works in my car. It also shows up as the east disk when used in the car.

The individual files appear to be version 8.0, but when burned on a disk, the nav cannot find the map file. I've tried multiple disks to no avail.

Hoping you can help me out here. The .iso file burns fine, but shows up as version 3.0. I was able to burn it and it works in my car. It also shows up as the east disk when used in the car.

The individual files appear to be version 8.0, but when burned on a disk, the nav cannot find the map file. I've tried multiple disks to no avail.

cewatts can likely explain it since he has sucsussfully done it already

I haven't tried burning it to disk yet, but usually the in the past it was just a single .iso of the complete disc.

must depend on the version because the one that my lgt came with only had west and central maps but no east coast...thats why i started this quest looking for them all.

Dang it. I only have 4.7gb DVD R's, I need to go buy some dual layer ones. Also, am I correct in assuming that even if I live on the east coast, navigation will still work with the west DVD, I'll just be missing POI like restaurants and stuff?

I always thought that directions wouldn't work if you are in the wrong region.

Dang it. I only have 4.7gb DVD R's, I need to go buy some dual layer ones. Also, am I correct in assuming that even if I live on the east coast, navigation will still work with the west DVD, I'll just be missing POI like restaurants and stuff?

I always thought that directions wouldn't work if you are in the wrong region.

I got my dual layer dvd's at staples. 5 pack i think.

you can nav with either Cd.. the catch is you have to drag your finger over to the east coast and play the drag and zoom game.. it sucks.. i know from exp. still waiting on confirmation from cewatts, but this might be the east. Talking to my source because i think one cd was mislabeled and sent 2 east cd's possibly.

Archived