LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You conveniently left out the height measurement :lol:

Let's call it "tall ship" if that makes one feel better ;)

3.2" taller, or 5.7% taller than the previous model -- most of that is likely greenhouse space since ground clearance remains the same between the two models at 5.9"

also afaik whenever it comes up, the spec B and 5th gen LGT have nearly identical lap times, even though the spec B has a better suspension setup. Not enough to overcome that the new one has a more rigid chassis. It may be uglier, weigh more and have larger dimensions but newer is almost invariably better in terms of handling.

Exactly. 3.2" extra of height that went into the fat high hood and the greenhouse it's what makes it look ungainly. This, lazyboy fatass seats, Camry like interior, e-brake is what killed the car for me.

But it wasn't the point. I can't believe the car is still offered with the number of sales it must be getting. I am seeing more 05-07 LGT wagons than 10+ LGTs (seriously).

Honestly, I saw maybe like grand total of 2 of them, over the last two years. That's not just NE where I am but also CA where I travel often (spent like two months there this year).

also afaik whenever it comes up, the spec B and 5th gen LGT have nearly identical lap times, even though the spec B has a better suspension setup. Not enough to overcome that the new one has a more rigid chassis. It may be uglier, weigh more and have larger dimensions but newer is almost invariably better in terms of handling.

lap times? Source?

Exactly. 3.2" extra of height that went into the fat high hood and the greenhouse it's what makes it look ungainly. This, lazyboy fatass seats, Camry like interior, e-brake is what killed the car for me.

But it wasn't the point. I can't believe the car is still offered with the number of sales it must be getting. I am seeing more 05-07 LGT wagons than 10+ LGTs (seriously).

Honestly, I saw maybe like grand total of 2 of them, over the last two years. That's not just NE where I am but also CA where I travel often (spent like two months there this year).

2 years later and we're still on this? That fat high greenhouse allowed the Legacy not to be a long boat like the Accord and Mazda6 to add legroom and also keeps visibility at the top of the segment. The car is still more aerodynamic than the BL with the hood and greenhouse. I'd rather take headroom, legroom, 3.2", and visibility over a slight aesthetic gain, cramped headroom, and an elongated car.

The lazyboy fat ass seats comment is SOO ridiculously stupid. I have a 30" waist and I take up the entire the seat. The seats definitely need more bolstering, but calling them for fat asses is an over the top exaggeration. They ARE way more comfortable than the BL seats. In the BL my elbow would hurt from the hard door armrest and my back would hurt during extended drive (At the time I owned my LGT I was one of the youngest and probably still fittest members here). I've not had that problem at all in the BM. It's funny that my wife's friend that sat in the back seat said the "Camry like interior" had seats like a Lexus and an interior like a Mercedes (she drives an E Class). Our neighbor thought the interior looked like an Audi. These are real perceptions of people who aren't stuck in 2004. Everyone that has ever been in her car is impressed and weren't expecting it to be so nice. I haven't missed the e-brake one bit. It's always a conversation starter when someone is in the car and hears it engage when we park.

Honestly, I'd like to see the LGT get more power and be a little sportier, but it still handles better, and out accelerates the previous gen in everything except 0-60, and that's only because the torque is limited in 1st and 2nd gear.

2 years later... same ol' shit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You conveniently left out the height measurement :lol:

Let's call it "tall ship" if that makes one feel better ;)

I put in the primary dimensions - length, width, weight... left out height, front and rear track, interior dimensions, etc.

but if it makes you happy

05 GT limited - height: 56.1, track 58.9/58.5

10 GT limited - height: 59.3, track 61.6/61.8

So seriously, 3" of height (as a curved surface) when the majority of the mass (and hence center of gravity) is effectively unchanged, makes it a boat?

So you're saying a car that came with summer tires from the factory handles better than a car that came with one of the worst performing all-season tires of all time?

No shit?

Honest to goodness! It's true! The better equipped car outperforms lesser one - hard to accept for some, shocking to others... what are you going to do :spin:

I put in the primary dimensions - length, width, weight... left out height, front and rear track, interior dimensions, etc.

but if it makes you happy

05 GT limited - height: 56.1, track 58.9/58.5

10 GT limited - height: 59.3, track 61.6/61.8

So seriously, 3" of height (as a curved surface) when the majority of the mass (and hence center of gravity) is effectively unchanged, makes it a boat?

Yup

That's why I had mine lowered 1.5". I see a lot of 2.5i in CO, not a big fan of the stock look either.

I think mine is low enough - at least stock it's so low that I just avoid problems with speed bumps around here and only scratched undercarriage once yet.

And we have way too many speed bumps around here.

453747.png

This is true, especially since it's now only available with the 6-speed manual.

If you are shopping for a GT, why would you settle for anything less than a standard transmission? (Automatic, of course, equals less.....)

I understand general consumers like auto transmission, but if you are looking at a GT in the first place I just can't see it.

-S'Cipio

(At the time I owned my LGT I was one of the youngest and probably still fittest members here)

I find this statement to be HIGHLY debatable and not even close to being a fair statement. :rolleyes::mad:

:hide::lol: loud

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

If you are shopping for a GT, why would you settle for anything less than a standard transmission? (Automatic, of course, equals less.....)

I understand general consumers like auto transmission, but if you are looking at a GT in the first place I just can't see it.

-S'Cipio

GT means Grand Touring. Most grand touring cars today come with an automatic. Grand touring is more about comfort, e-gizmos, and things to make your life easier, while you are driving your high performance car.

^^^ While I completely agree with this, I'd still rather have a manual and sporty feel. Bring on the Legacy STI - we still don't have one after all these years of waiting.

I weep a little bit every time you remind me of the LSTi dream. :(

^^^ While I completely agree with this, I'd still rather have a manual and sporty feel. Bring on the Legacy STI - we still don't have one after all these years of waiting.

While I would love to have a Legacy STI, I could settle for a Legacy tS. Or even an Exiga tS.

-S'Cipio

There are a few people on here who chose a GT 5EAT over an MT because of knee issues. And just because of said knee issues, why deprive yourself of the joy that can be had with a turbo or any sporty car that has an option of an AT?

Just a thought ;)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

• I Donated
There are a few people on here who chose a GT 5EAT over an MT because of knee issues. And just because of said knee issues, why deprive yourself of the joy that can be had with a turbo or any sporty car that has an option of an AT?

Just a thought ;)

I'd be interested to know what the "take rate" for 08-09 LGTs with the 5EAT was. My guess is it was low enough that Subaru figured automatic buyers would be served well enough by the 3.6R.

I'd be interested to know what the "take rate" for 08-09 LGTs with the 5EAT was. My guess is it was low enough that Subaru figured automatic buyers would be served well enough by the 3.6R.

I've said it all along... unless someone misses the hoodscoop or plans on modding... the 3.6R would fit the bill for the Auto GT buyers seeing as its faster than the old 5EAT GT... and it runs on regular fuel... and it requires less frequent oil changes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've said it all along... unless someone misses the hoodscoop or plans on modding... the 3.6R would fit the bill for the Auto GT buyers seeing as its faster than the old 5EAT GT... and it runs on regular fuel... and it requires less frequent oil changes

Less oil changes? Interesting, I thought the new Legacies moved to a 7500 mile synthetic oil change schedule.

While the the old 5EAT was slower than the 3.6R, according to the sales brouchure from Subaru of Australia, the 2010 5EAT GT is actually faster than the 3.6R. It states the 0-100km/h for the GT is 6.2 secs vs 7.3 secs for the 3.6R. The manual GT did it in 6.3 secs.

Archived