LegacyGT.com

5eat FREE SSM Thread

ClimberDHexMods

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it's the one thing I hate about this trans. Otherwise it's great.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if I can reset my 08 5eat with this process?

I am hoping to find out the same thing, ordered my vag-com, and wondering if TCU clear memory 2 function is still good to go with this software/cable setup.

• 2 months later...
So will open port 2.0 work with freessm? I tried and cannot get access

I also cannot get 2.0 to work. I have to use my 1.3 for SSM.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 4 weeks later...

but theoretically you can just baby your car for a while and it will still learn. it may just take longer..

i posted the procedure a while ago. but basically you gotta drive around between 10-15% throttle .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 1 month later...
I wanted to clarify whether or not any adjustments in FreeSSM stick until battery power is cut from the TCU. My understanding was that any adjustments don't stick more than a few drive cycles. Is this correct?

As far as I can tell, when I adjust the RPM, it sticks until the next ECU reset..

Oh nice! I never played with any of the adjustments because I always thought it to be a futile endeavor.

The idle adjustment really helps - in colder (damper?) weather, my car wants to stall right at the threshold of moving from "warmup" to "warm" mode. Adding 100-150 rpm to the idle makes it a little annoying when fully warm, but prevents stalling in traffic..

Good enough until I can replace a bunch of vacuum lines, turbo inlet, intake manifold gaskets, etc..

I've had that going for the entire time I've owned this car. I've had it stall on me a few times when I lived in Nebraska and drove in snow. The idle adjustment I had done on the Accessport, but still good to know FreeSSM can do it. I'm more intrigued by line pressure stuff, TCU tweaks rather than ECU.

I've had that going for the entire time I've owned this car. I've had it stall on me a few times when I lived in Nebraska and drove in snow. The idle adjustment I had done on the Accessport, but still good to know FreeSSM can do it. I'm more intrigued by line pressure stuff, TCU tweaks rather than ECU.

Hmm. Got the nerve to try it once or twice, and then it reported it couldn't do anything with my TCU, or something..

• 3 weeks later...

<- Newb here. Can anyone tell me if this program will let me diagnose a problem I've been having with my cruise control, instead of paying almost $100 to my local dealer?

And has anyone tried using the connection cable from a COBB AccessPort with this software?

question: do you put it in cruise control, and the RPMs start to oscillate and freak out, eventually causing a flashing cruise?

If so, I have no answer for you, mine does it too, and haven't been able to figure out why. I even had a logging tool hooked up when it happened, and I didn't throw any CELs with the flashing cruise, just flashing cruise.

<- Newb here. Can anyone tell me if this program will let me diagnose a problem I've been having with my cruise control, instead of paying almost $100 to my local dealer?

And has anyone tried using the connection cable from a COBB AccessPort with this software?

Well what is wrong with your cruise ?

frank: any idea on my cruise issue described in the post before yours?

I turn it on, RPMs slowly start to oscillate (and engine) until the tach starts bouncing around wildly (the engine is still revving up/down, but not to the RPMs the tach is saying) and then cruise cuts out and cruise light blinks. no CELs

mine does that on the lift with wheels in the air.

that seems like a weird one.

and you dont have any other codes ? and you didn't disable any codes ?

i would think its something with the ecm

Archived