LegacyGT.com

5eat FREE SSM Thread

ClimberDHexMods

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this cable/vendor:

http://www.hoyasource.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=HCO0039&x=0&y=0

$11.00 shipped. Cable seems to be good quality. Honestly, the plastic used seems higher quality than thast used on the Tactrix. The only downside is that it takes 3 weeks to arrive.

Regards,

Matt.

• 3 weeks later...
No luck. I give up. Tried running it a few times, step-by-step with no luck. Then tried running it off of a program called wine. No luck. I got the program to download. I even selected the language I wanted but I just cannot get the program to open. I suppose I can just have the dealer do it.

ububtu installed fine. But in order to get it to work it asked me to clear all my files on my HD and needed ~47 GB of space. I decided to just uninstall it. Maybe someone could help me do it, but it didn't seem right to me. At this point a trip to the dealer is wayyyyy easier. Just more expensive. :(

I will prob try it one more time. I followed everything step by step twice but when it came time to where the directions said, "A wizard will guide you through the process" I just kept everything factory defaults. Maybe that where I went wrong.

Just tried everything...again. Here is what I got. Tried screenshots but it didn't working inside VirtualBox.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h443/mwm5094/32e26f41.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h443/mwm5094/62771273.jpg

If you feel you're in over your head you shouldn't proceed with OS installs and risk losing what you have now. Have you tried using another besides WINE? Parallels? Crossover? Or maybe WineBottle. There are a bunch. If you want to dual boot OSX and something else, then partition (divide) your hard drive and install the other OS there by itself. Anything beyond these or if you still need help, probably a better idea to open a thread.

I tried Virtual Box, Wine, and wine bottler. I don't feel as if I'm over my head, mine just does not go along with the other walkthroughs step by step. Like I said before, I just think I'm going to have the dealer handle the reset.

• Mega Users
So you are unable to install ubuntu in a virtual machine? If you are installing it on a virtual hard drive, then you want to have it erase the entire virtual drive when installing it. You don't need to use wine. IIRC, there is a linux version of freessm that you should use. It's very rare that everything works with wine without having to modify things.

Correct. Im unable to install ubuntu in Virtual Box. I tried the Linux before all of this but it didn't work. I got farther in the process using VB. Like previously stated. I installed FreeSSM but was never able to open the program. Not sure why. Im going to try parallels and update with results.

Update:

No luck on the MAC, so I got a windows computer, downloaded, and connected to vehicle. Everything seems to work just fine.

The one question that I do have is when I was in the transmission tab (if you wanna call it that), there was two clear memory buttons. Do I hit both when I swap valve bodies or just hit one?

Just a side note since you got it working on a windows machine. Do you have an 8gb+ SD card? My HDD failed on my laptop and didn't want to put money into it when I was awaiting a new one anyways. I had a spare 8gb SD card and I had been using Ubuntu 64 off of it, and recently changed to a spare 16GB I had.

• 5 months later...

From that page:

For those of you with automatics that report, binding or grinding while cornering at low speeds (parking lots, ect...)

I have successfully reduced the symptoms by adjusting the Transfer Duty Ratio Correction.

Note: Increasing this value for 04'+ does decrease the Transfer Duty Ratio %, my electrical monitoring testing verifies this.

03' and prior should be reversed, please perform your own testing to verify this.

Does this make sense? Which way would I adjust my '05 5EAT? Higher or lower?

Archived