LegacyGT.com

5eat FREE SSM Thread

ClimberDHexMods

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
From that page:

Does this make sense? Which way would I adjust my '05 5EAT? Higher or lower?

You would want to decrease it if you were having those issues. I haven't messed with it, but I think center diff pressure was available to make adjustments. That's all we can adjust on the 5eat though. I think its a blanket adjustment. If you're getting binding, might want to look into why. It isn't normal.

You would want to decrease it if you were having those issues. I haven't messed with it, but I think center diff pressure was available to make adjustments. That's all we can adjust on the 5eat though. I think its a blanket adjustment. If you're getting binding, might want to look into why. It isn't normal.

But didn't ntippet say that on '04+, you "decrease" it by increasing the adjustment? Or is that only 4EATs?

Yeah, I know it's not normal to have binding - I've had it a while. Car was in a rear-end accident about a year ago. They said suspension/alignment was not impacted, but you never know. A few other bumps along the way as well.

Honestly, I can't say it's doing it lately. I just know that when I take sharp turns at low speeds (maybe 15-20 mph) like u-turns, I get what seems like tire squeal that seems to come from the rear.

It's annoying, but I'm not going to spend $3K on it just to "try" to fix it. It's happening even with different endlinks/front bushings/tires (they've all changed for wear reasons, squeal has stayed).

On another note: the +200 rpm idle adjustment via freessm seems to have helped. No more "almost stalling". I know it's not ideal, but I need to be able to drive the car daily without fear of it stalling in traffic. Someday I'll have time to track down the exact cause..

• Mega Users
I don't think anyone has played with it on a 5eat yet. You won't hurt anything by experimenting, but either way, I doubt it will get rid of binding issues. Transfer clutch pressure at low throttle is very low as is. Worth a try though.

No adjustment parameters for transmission. Idle yes, aircon off and on. The rest (logging) can done by rr. Hopefully it gets updated to support newer at models ;-) At least it can reset tcm, hopefully help with P0700 when it pops up again. That's a pita to erase with just Lv.

• 3 months later...

Just FYI - I tried adjusting the clutch torque today (was feeling brave) :-)

Freessm reported a problem communicating with the TCU. So, that's that.. However, for adding 100-125 rpm to my idle to avoid stalling, it's golden!!

• 2 months later...

To resurrect this thread a bit I wanted to ask a quick question regarding the TCU learning after reset.

How does the TCU learn the bad habits that require a reset? I was having a hard 2-3rd gear shift and reset it 2 days ago. The problem is now non-existent even in cold weather.

What causes the TCU to learn wrong things I guess is the simple way of putting this.

To resurrect this thread a bit I wanted to ask a quick question regarding the TCU learning after reset.

How does the TCU learn the bad habits that require a reset? I was having a hard 2-3rd gear shift and reset it 2 days ago. The problem is now non-existent even in cold weather.

What causes the TCU to learn wrong things I guess is the simple way of putting this.

I don't think anyone on here knows the exact logic used by the OEM TCU for learning purposes. I understand it in terms of what the FSM says, basically that if a shift progression is taking too long, the TCU will add line pressure at points along the engagement's ramp up / slope, to get it shifting the same through the transmission's life cycle. It could be that there was a time when the TCU was reading the trans having trouble making that shift, so it added that line pressure (and not in a graceful way that a tuner could do with the right access). Then the trans stopped having that issue (again I don't know why something would come and go like this), but the TCU did not reverse learn (learn to take away added line pressure).

Maybe you had 4 people and luggage in the car, maybe you were driving up mountain roads, maybe your trans fluid got airated, maybe this maybe that. Who knows.

Short answer; it did it for a reason, I don't know the reason.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

From what i have read is the tcu only learns on specific driving conditions.

ie steady throttle of between 10-15 % once the tranny is warmed up.

how it can learn bad habits well if it adapted for a sticking valve and then the sticking valve went away.

rapidly degrading trans

or just a bug in the programming.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there!

I have subaru legacy 2006 . Bought this cable VAG-COM KKL 409.1 OBD2 on ebay. Not able to connect throught the FreeSSL. The bluetooth adapter works fine...

I am able to read the transmition but not the ECU...

http://s018.radikal.ru/i509/1308/1d/92f854546689.jpghereis what i am getting...

So what i can do?

Runnin on win7 x64

the vag com cable seems o work with the rom raider logger... but when i try ecuflash to read or wright the rom ecuflash says something about the licence.

the vag com cable seems o work with the rom raider logger... but when i try ecuflash to read or wright the rom ecuflash says something about the licence.

EcuFlash/Edit does not support vag you need tactrix 2.0 for that in order to be able read and write your rom,... Its completly different cable that has its on proccesors and ram inside...

EcuFlash/Edit does not support vag you need tactrix 2.0 for that in order to be able read and write your rom,... Its completly different cable that has its on proccesors and ram inside...

I think it only doesn't work because the licence

There are older tatrix cable with out the processor in it before the v2.0 came out

Archived