LegacyGT.com

5eat FREE SSM Thread

ClimberDHexMods

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i have both drivers installed. i use both free ssm and ecuflash regularly

when i have the vag comm cable installed ecufash wants a licence key.

i dont remember the exact specifics i'll need to try again and take some screen caps

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well get a tatrix cable.. its ~200$

and maybe get another motor .. not that i / we want to be douchbags but we are all searching for more torque and fuel economy.

the ignition is dynamically controled via ecm and knock sensor. and its operating on the edge of knock lready. if you advance the timming the ecm will take away what you added and take it away from everywhere else also.

on some naturally aspirated engines if you switch to higher octain gas you can increase the timming and get some more torque as you say but this is default running higher octain.

and these engines break ring lands stock.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Well on impreza 2.0r engine ej204 same as mine it showed a huge improvement... runnnin fine for 2 month now!

Becides I am in Europe right now and here they dont have 87-89-91(93) only 95-98...

So the octane is abviously higher here...

:eek: (because there's no facepalm icon)

jekasbalto, like you've already been told, Europe uses a different scale for octane rating. Here in the US it's a ratio of MON/RON, which results to AKI or anti-knock index. In Europe, they post the RON value at the pump. The octane rating is more or less comparable there to what it is here; you should not rely on the fact that somehow octane is higher in Europe. It is not.

In my homecountry the octane that is at the pump is typically 91, 95, 98 and sometimes you'll see 100. These are equivalent, more or less to our 87, 89, 91 and 93.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Also, you fail to grasp several complexities as to why just messing with the timing advance is not only not recommended, but downright dangerous. You are being stubborn in your own ways and this will lead to issues down the road. Take a breather and take time to learn what is involved in getting a safe and healthy tune going.

Well on impreza 2.0r engine ej204

The Legacy does not run that engine. Different ballgame altogether.

It's like saying you've done it on Honda engines before so it should obviously work on all engines known to man.

Do you have any idea how many new-to-Subaru guys reach for intakes and exhausts and do nothing else to this car because it worked on their Hondas before?

• 6 months later...

I just worked with a customer via phone to get FreeSSM working on his Windows 8 laptop. Had him try the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable for the heck of it.

It worked!

Using FreeSSM version 1.2.5.

Pulled codes and allowed for both Clear Memory functions, no drama.

Now I'm upset I sold my 2.0 cable.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just worked with a customer via phone to get FreeSSM working on his Windows 8 laptop. Had him try the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable for the heck of it.

It worked!

Using FreeSSM version 1.2.5.

Pulled codes and allowed for both Clear Memory functions, no drama.

Now I'm upset I sold my 2.0 cable.

Are you able to increase line pressures with this software / cable combo?

I ask because I feel my 1>2 shift under light to medium throttle is too long and slow.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived