LegacyGT.com

Stupidest phrases/questions you've seen on this forum about the Legacy

It seems to me like people are a little to uptight about people posting. Yes, there are plenty of mod threads, but sometimes questions can be asked in different ways. Then, sometimes you just want people opinion. This isn't XDA, and we are talking about noobs who brick their phones because they didn't read the full instructions before unlocking/rooting/jailbreaking their phones. People here do seem more uptight than most other forums I have been on before. Jus sayin

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I understand that to an extent, but I just don't understand the purpose of always just saying "search". If someone is going to bother taking their time to respond to a post, then answer it if you can. If not, then don't bother replying. I've never been to a honda forum and I've only been to nasioc maybe 4 times. So I can't really speak as to how they operate, but I have been on forums for phone and sports related things, and this place just seemed overly uptight. There are a few that have nicely answered questions, but overall it seemed like a general consensus was to just tell people to search. Maybe I'm whiny, but that was just my first impression of the place.

PS. it was searching for things that originally led me here.

If someone replies "search" it generally means the question is very basic in nature and has been covered plenty of times. The vast majority of cases it is a newbie wanting information given to him on a silver platter because he can't be bothered to search. Simple as that.

today i was driving to auto zone, when i beat up ford focus got next to me on the road and there was a woman driving and her little girl in the passenger seat bolth with huge smiles and giving me thumbs up lol so i droped it down to 2nd and let the 3" turbo back rore for them when i slowed down i saw there smiles were ear to ear

you got to love the way people act around thease cars ^^

My family will be visiting the PNW this August, mostly using public transport, but we will be visiting the coast, and will need to rent a car for a few days.

Does anybody in Seattle, Portland, or van Couver, WA have a "spare" Subaru to be lent for a fee, to a responsible middle aged driver with a stellar driving record, and great insurance?

Yes...yes...I can rent any automatic for a hundred bucks a day. I want a car with soul.

Flame suit on..

Edit: post 420. :D

It's gone downhill rapidly from there.

• 2 weeks later...
So, I'm reading on Cars101 that Oil Changes for 2011 models and up are REQUIRED not recommended by Subaru for my 2.5 Premium?

Should I do this and go with synthetic? If so, at what mileage intervals and how much is a typical oil change at dealer with synthetic?

Thanks gang.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've never changed the oil. Just ignore the smell.

:eek:You're an idiot! It's only the Spec B's life oil you don't have to change!! :spin:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

:eek:You're an idiot! It's only the Spec B's life oil you don't have to change!! :spin:

He could have done a Unicorn blood transplant and added some Leprechaun tears so it would'nt mess up the normal LGT engine.

c'mon SEARCH!!! and you would find it is an easy transplant if you have a Unicorn penis handy to funnel the blood through, geesh!......:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

heres mine. can be found on page 3 of this very thread

I'm a complete newbie on this site, and I have a 2008 Legacy GT Limited, which I love. I'm only just getting into thinking about what I might be able to do with it, and I'm looking for forum/blogs/etc. that can help me learn. I was thinking that this site looks great.

But then I found this thread... and, seriously? You're asking to basically pi$$ on other members' questions that they deem to be stupid. That is so f*ing arrogant, especially for a forum that - I would think - is supposed to be in support of a community that all love this type of car. Have you veterans lost all your empathy for those who don't know $hit about their cars, but want to learn? Even a question about what type of oil to use... why is that stupid? Again, trying to learn, numb-nuts. It's just a crap attitude that makes the less car-smart out there feel like they shouldn't be here. I'm hoping that's not really what this forum is trying to promote.

In the context of the rest of the thread, this is pretty good.

The 3 sets the OP has are the U.S. series of these shoes. They were supposedly released for like half a day when there was a fatal accident in the Gumball and then Adidas pulled the shoes from store shelves, so the story is that unless you were at a Footlocker before lunch on release day you never saw them.

Archived