LegacyGT.com

Stupidest phrases/questions you've seen on this forum about the Legacy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it was mid 20's here and she went to open her door and this is the outcome. I haven't gone to go look at it.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/Baddog909/cid_154.jpg

What needs to be done?

Stupid just because of how much this SUCKS, not anything against him. Subscribed.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/37173_10150286440055506_657155505_15010517_3366882_n.jpg?t=1291316334

there will be no hiding of offenders here.

I was driving home today on the highway in pretty windy conditions, and after about 10 minutes of driving (doing about 110Km/Hr) my hood released.

It didn't flip up, but it un-latched itself and was flapping up and down in the wind. I pulled off to the side of the road to re-close it and just shoved it back down. But I did notice it was quite hard to fully close it, I had to press down quite hard.

I guess my hood scoop was scooping too much air?

Has anyone else had this problem on their 05 LGT?

I don't want this to happen again, not only is it dangerous, it's annoying!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will soap destroy my intercooler?????;)

My oil light went on and I drove home......................Did I damage the motor?

My awful tires caused me to loose control.

My butt dyno tells me..................................

I can see so much better with HID's

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I'm a complete newbie on this site, and I have a 2008 Legacy GT Limited, which I love. I'm only just getting into thinking about what I might be able to do with it, and I'm looking for forum/blogs/etc. that can help me learn. I was thinking that this site looks great.

But then I found this thread... and, seriously? You're asking to basically pi$$ on other members' questions that they deem to be stupid. That is so f*ing arrogant, especially for a forum that - I would think - is supposed to be in support of a community that all love this type of car. Have you veterans lost all your empathy for those who don't know $hit about their cars, but want to learn? Even a question about what type of oil to use... why is that stupid? Again, trying to learn, numb-nuts. It's just a crap attitude that makes the less car-smart out there feel like they shouldn't be here. I'm hoping that's not really what this forum is trying to promote.

If new members truly wanted to learn about their cars, they'd do the smart thing and at the very least do a quick search before starting a new thread and asking a question. Yes, a quick search won't answer the more obscure questions that have already been asked (I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of this at least once) but it will almost certainly bring up the threads in which many people have wondered about the same thing (e.g. what kind of oil to use, soap in the intercooler, various CEL codes, etc.). Shoot, the forum itself starts searching and puts up a few suggestions for similar topics as you type something into the title field while creating a new thread... there really isn't any good reason for people to ask the same few questions over and over again. I'd hazard a guess and say that's what gets underneath the veteran members' skin and subsequently what they deem to be 'stupid' questions.

It's just a crap attitude that makes the less car-smart out there feel like they shouldn't be here. I'm hoping that's not really what this forum is trying to promote.

Nobody ever really means any malice by it, it's just a form of manly boding. You've made fun of your friends before have you not? It's all in good fun. Teh Interbewbz aer (not) SuriUS biZiNiS. Unless I'm seriously not getting the message and everyone here hates my guts.

Also, this:

is the turbo different in both cars?

Nope, just on one car.

Stupid is as stupid does...

I have no prob with stupid questions, it's the stupid claims that drive me insane.

+1,000,000

If someone is new, or just getting used to cars in general and want to learn (hell, I'm 18 and am learning every day about my legacy and driving), but if someone's going to be arrogant and obnoxious on a forum, I won't stand for it. I think that's where this thread was intended to go from the start...no backlash to any new members. It's a fun community thing where we jostle with each other without intentional harm.

AND, welcome to the forum! Hope this thread doesn't scare you off...do a search for what you want to know about, and I'm sure you'll see there is a wealth of information here.

^^^^This

Since I started this thread. perhaps I should respond. If people are offended by this thread, then those folks have much more important issues to deal with than learning about their cars. This is just an unimportant and non-informative thread on an internet forum meant as a little comic relief. Shit, I've got well over 1k posts so I'm sure if someone wanted, they could find something stupid I said that belongs here. I would think it's a riot. Loosen up.

BTW, FlatOut, you've probably been lurking these forums and for you to choose this thread to make your debut post, it obviously piqued your interest. ;) So join in the stupidity, start posting, and laugh when you find your words quoted here.

Back on topic. Anyone remember SlingXShot? HERE'S the thead.

That is why I posted this thread, so u can fools of your self. I had fun entertaining my self....

Archived