LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just received and installed the 19mm. Great day to test since there's a pretty nice cross wind (highways are clear but side streets have some snow). Well before the install I was sure I was going to get Carpal Tunnel driving on a day like today, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I know it was represented here before, but this is the best investment you can make for under $110.00. Balancing this with the other suspension improvement on the 2013 makes this a outstanding / stable car.

Hi Benny, Im ready to order one. Can you confirm for sure that the stock bar on my new 2013 2.5i will be smaller than this one?

Your stock rear bar is anorexic and bolemic at the same time. It is just 16mm

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I got the 19mm bar installed. The car is "almost" back to neutral on corners. With RCE springs, the front camber is -0.5 while rear is -1.2. The right side is worse. Once cusco camber correction kit is installed, I should be at neutral or have just a tad of oversteer.

OP, thanks for the thread!

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 1 month later...

Installed the upgraded 19mm OEM RSB this morning, all I can say is what a difference. So easy that a caveman can do it!!!

Now just got to figure out what one can do to tighten up the front??? The front stabilizer bar upgrade looks like a major PIA. Thinking about trying a Strut Tower Brace (part # E4010AJ001), but it is fairly expensive.

Thoughts?

Installed the upgraded 19mm OEM RSB this morning, all I can say is what a difference. So easy that a caveman can do it!!!

Now just got to figure out what one can do to tighten up the front??? The front stabilizer bar upgrade looks like a major PIA. Thinking about trying a Strut Tower Brace (part # E4010AJ001), but it is fairly expensive.

Thoughts?

That will be fairly minimal in feeling compared to your 19mm sway. It's ridiculously easy to install at least heh...

Thoughts?

2013 2.5i front antisway bar will change the feel more than a strut tower brace.

I would love to go with the 2013 Front Anti-sway Bar, but from everything that I have read it is a major project to install...way beyond my abilities!!!

Has anyone installed a strut tower brace? If so, what kind of results have you had?

Of course next on my list is to replace the crappy OEM tires but I just can't bring myself to toss tires with only 9,000 miles. Plus if I am going to replace the tires I might as well go with some nice 18" or 19" rims!

FSB is a different design than the GT which requires the engine to be lifted a bit. The FSB on the 2013 is already beefy. Perhaps look into some poly bushings from Whiteline or AVO if you really need to tighten up.

Many have the front tower strut brace. There is a debate if it's needed. The 2013s have strengthened the strut tower area. Suggest you skip this mod for a bit and reconsider if you put on 245 profile tires.

Also, these cars really need to be in good alignment. Find a place that gets it right.

Speaking of the 19MM RSB, I will have mine up for sale in the Classifieds soon @ a great price! Installing the 22MM Whiteline to balance out the 26MM FSB.

I thought I needed to go bigger in the rear as well until I got my konis. Now my ride is neutral.

Not to be a jerk Fredrik, cuz I'm not trying to be, but you keep talking about your neutral ride. How many times have you tracked or autox'ed your car and been at the limit of grip for prolonged periods, thru sweepers, without having to worry about curbs, poles or other vehicles, where you could induce throttle steer, really feel the minute details of weight transfer on smooth pavement, dance with counter steer, and play with brake oversteer. In order to claim neutral handling, I think you have to spend some serious time at those limits and undertake serious effort dialing the car in. I think what you are describing and selling to the rest of us as neutral, is simply the way you like your car to feel for your driving style and in the situations that you drive in. I wouldn't encourage making blanket statements like that and selling it to everyone as if you have it figured out a neutral setup unless you have the track time in the car and the driving experience to back it up.

FWIW, I really don't think that 26 up front and 19 in the rear, on our cars, since the front and rear spring rates are so similar, is anything resembling neutral.

Archived