LegacyGT.com

19MM Rear Sway Bar Install - Pics

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Hi, first post here. This is a great thread. Im waiting for the arrival of my 2013 2.5i at the end of the month. This will be my first mod to the car and I may order the bar before I even get the car. Can anyone confirm if the '13 comes with the 19mm bar already installed? Thanks!

Why not just go right to the Whiteline 22mm RSB? The 19mm isn't giving you that much increase over stock. The Whiteline BSR49XZ comes with braces and hard bushings. I just installed one on my 2012 and the difference it made was phenominal. The car corners much much flatter and bites harder accelerating out of corners. Well worth $225. There are no negatives at all.

Hi, first post here. This is a great thread. Im waiting for the arrival of my 2013 2.5i at the end of the month. This will be my first mod to the car and I may order the bar before I even get the car. Can anyone confirm if the '13 comes with the 19mm bar already installed? Thanks!

The 2013 has a 16mm rear anti-sway bar...at least mine does....

By the way, in OEM form, the cornering is very neutral. You may want to wait until you change wheels/tires/springs/struts and get alignment done and then decide which RSB you want.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The 2013 has a 16mm rear anti-sway bar...at least mine does....

By the way, in OEM form, the cornering is very neutral. You may want to wait until you change wheels/tires/springs/struts and get alignment done and then decide which RSB you want.

Cheers!

Thanks for that info. I will drive it for awhile and see how it behaves after I get it. Im not going to be doing allot to this car. The only wheel upgrade I will be doing will be to go to 17" steel wheels when I wear out the tires that came on the car. I will then use the 16's for winter tires. If Im happy with the handling I will just add the 19mm bar for a little extra cornering stability. I really just want to fly under the radar with this car and go unnoticed. Im looking forward to it.

Seems I might just go with the 19mm also!

I'd recommend (at a minimum) to go with the Whiteline 20mm adjustable... has settings for 19mm, 20mm and 21mm... I installed mine at 19mm, left it there for 4 months before adjusting it to the stiffest (21mm) setting... gives you options, which I like. My $0.02

Fischbach....I agree wholly with pfoyle. Why would you go half-assed on your RSB? You're just trading the OEM wet noodle for one that was only slightly less wet. I have experience no unpleasant attitude changes in the rear of the car since installing my 22mm RSB and putting it on the 21mm setting, and I can push the car much much harder in corners than before, with more confidence. It's not like the car is all of a sudden tail happy. It drives the way it should have from the factory. You can get the BSR49XZ for $200. I can point you where to find it for that price on Ebay, and I think your boys at NP have it for that price too. I am actually pissed at myself that I didn't do it sooner. :redface: It's that big of a positive difference.

You can push the whiteline bar for $200 all you want, isn't the 19mm bar less than $100? Maybe some people don't want to spend an extra hundred bucks?

Not pushing anything, just sharing my experience/preference... If I had gone with the 19mm, personally I would have regretted it down the road. Mine was "fine" on the softer setting, and did a great job, but I was happy to have the stiffer option after a short time. It all depends on preference... I kinda wish I had an even larger one, actually, but there's other mods taking priority right now.

For the people that are just trying to keep the car from wandering, the 19mm bar fits the bill fine. Most 2.5i owners probably won't push the car further than the 19mm bar can take them.

For my car, sure I want the stiffer bar, because racecar. I've got the 22mm WL on full stiff and wish I had gotten the 24mm, but I'm certainly not going to suggest that to everybody as the best option.

My wife drives the car also......lol but yes np can get me the discounted price and will install it for me when they do the rest of the exhaust. At this point I am weighing my options based on your opinions and I guess the adjustable might be the one to get. As you stated I can adjust it to my personal preference! This is why I love the forums, many different opinions because Racecar lol

For the people that are just trying to keep the car from wandering, the 19mm bar fits the bill fine. Most 2.5i owners probably won't push the car further than the 19mm bar can take them.

For my car, sure I want the stiffer bar, because racecar. I've got the 22mm WL on full stiff and wish I had gotten the 24mm, but I'm certainly not going to suggest that to everybody as the best option.

The wandering got taken care of on the 2012 MY when Subaru started using a pillow ball mount on the rear lca. I'm not pushing, just voicing another idea and trying to help folks avoid excess expense if they chose a part, regret it, and end up spending more money on the part the wished they had gotten in the first place.

The wandering got taken care of on the 2012 MY when Subaru started using a pillow ball mount on the rear lca. I'm not pushing, just voicing another idea and trying to help folks avoid excess expense if they chose a part, regret it, and end up spending more money on the part the wished they had gotten in the first place.
I was thinking about this. Maybe I could get the pillow ball mount swapped in on my 2010 by the Subarship. Why? Because Racecar!

Archived