• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) buy the subaru 19mm sway

have dealer install

covered

2) leave it alone

3) don't sweat it and get whatever bar you want

That's what I figured. Being an OEM part I really found it hard to believe there would be an issue. Who knows though. Thanks.

Anyone know of the cheapest place to buy this ?

Not sure what the rules are on posting links on the forum, but I found the one I am looking for on Subaru Online Parts. They are on eBay too. It's only a $95 part so savings isn't too much. I would just get it from a site like SOP or another Subaru OEM site. They are pretty good.

if you're going with the Subaru 19mm bar, I doubt they'd even notice it on an otherwise stock car. The 19mm bar and the stock bar are both black and the same shape, one is just thicker than the other. Doesn't stand out like a sparkly silver Whiteline bar :lol:

if you're going with the Subaru 19mm bar, I doubt they'd even notice it on an otherwise stock car. The 19mm bar and the stock bar are both black and the same shape, one is just thicker than the other. Doesn't stand out like a sparkly silver Whiteline bar :lol:

I thought about that, who would notice 3MM :confused:.

Sounds like this is a lock for me.

After reading pretty much every post in this thread, I finally replaced my RSB today. Ordered it around June 8th and got it on the following Wednesday. It was pretty easy to replace, except there was a bit of rust on the bolt and required the use of a allen wrench. The only problem I had, well my friend had since he helped me, was that on the driver side end link, there seemed to have some grease that came out of it. Took it for a spin and the car seemed fine otherwise.

The ride is definitely smoother on the corners and curves. I just gotta get used to expecting the car to roll when it doesn't anymore, haha.

And on a side note, anyone looking for a torque wrench for this or any other projects, Lowes currently has the Kobalt brand on sale right now.

After reading pretty much every post in this thread, I finally replaced my RSB today. Ordered it around June 8th and got it on the following Wednesday. It was pretty easy to replace, except there was a bit of rust on the bolt and required the use of a allen wrench. The only problem I had, well my friend had since he helped me, was that on the driver side end link, there seemed to have some grease that came out of it. Took it for a spin and the car seemed fine otherwise.

The ride is definitely smoother on the corners and curves. I just gotta get used to expecting the car to roll when it doesn't anymore, haha.

And on a side note, anyone looking for a torque wrench for this or any other projects, Lowes currently has the Kobalt brand on sale right now.

I got my shipment notification this morning and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Probably gonna give AZP a call to get it installed since I don't have the proper skills to do this sort of thing. I don't wanna take a chance and muck it up.

So is the STI 19mm bar the same thing as the Outback 19mm bar?

Or are they technically different, but basically the same?

I'm about to order one but not sure which one to get..

Not sure about the STi, but if you go to subaruonlineparts they have the Legacy and Outback RSB under the same part number. So I would guess that it is the same since the majority of these installs are under with that Outback part.

I had the Whiteline 23mm installed by the dealer - they put it in upside down. Finally had it fixed and it's fantastic! Well worth the money.

I'm surprised the dealer put a non-Subaru part in for you. They were reluctant to put my 2.5i back to stock.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'm surprised the dealer put a non-Subaru part in for you. They were reluctant to put my 2.5i back to stock.

I guess I got lucky - they didn't question it at all, they just installed it upside down. I also have a pretty good relationship with them - we're on our 5th Subie (3 currently) and take them all to them for most of the service. My daughter thinks it hilarious that they recognize her when she walks in.

Someone should do a strut tower brace / sway bar combo pack. Hehe

I already had the STi tower brace and just had the RSB installed today at AZP. Didn't really get a chance to test it with Friday rush hour traffic. Possiblt headed up to Mohegan Sun tomorrow, so I'll give it a whirl on the Merrit.

• 7 months later...
Thanks for this info. This has sold me on getting one. My commute to work is 95% highway for 30+ miles and I need to cut down on the wandering around it does.

OK I'm so relieved to find this post. I just bought the 2011 3.6r and I thought something was majorly wrong with it, like a past accident etc. This thing has been floating and wandering all over the road.

I'm sold on the sway bar. thanks!

OK I'm so relieved to find this post. I just bought the 2011 3.6r and I thought something was majorly wrong with it, like a past accident etc. This thing has been floating and wandering all over the road.

I'm sold on the sway bar. thanks!

Sometimes its the tire tread mixed with the asphalt. My car is not floaty, but some freeways give me issues...others don't. The car will wander. It's not just Subaru.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Archived