LegacyGT.com

New info?

Why do you think this will cost more than $35,000? That's absured! If it costed $32k I'd be extremely surprised. No Brembos, no BBS, no real big ticket things in there to jack the cost way beyond what it is really, maybe 2-3k with NAV and the name Bilstein on the car and I can't really see anymore.

Anyone remember when we thought the Tribeca was going to start in the upper 30's... :rolleyes:

I could see the Spec B going for $30 - 34K, depending on options, with a Leg STi starting at $34 or 35K, and possibly nudging $40K maxed out with all options.

I think the Spec B might justify a higher price with exclusivity rather than content. We'll see.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see the Spec B going for $30 - 34K, depending on options, with a Leg STi starting at $34 or 35K, and possibly nudging $40K maxed out with all options.

I think the Spec B might justify a higher price with exclusivity rather than content. We'll see.

They're gonna have a Legacy STi model next year?

They're gonna have a Legacy STi model next year?

Rumor. Strictly rumor.

(But then, the Spec B was rumor too, and we're getting that!)

So, as rumor has it, Spec B for 2006, and Legacy STi for 2007. If we get one, (big IF), it may or may not be called STi. But, if we do, it's rumored to have a twin-turbo 6 with 6-spd tranny and other goodies. But it's only rumor. :D

Unless the details prove me wrong, I now think this whole "Spec B" is a slap in the face to us. It is nothing like the *real* spec b imgo.

As for an STi Legacy... they only offically ever made 1 year of it, if I recall. Doubtfull they would bring one, if reborn, stateside. (as much as I would love to see it)

Unless the details prove me wrong, I now think this whole "Spec B" is a slap in the face to us. It is nothing like the *real* spec b imgo
Show me a comparison between the JDM GT and JDM Spec B that shows that our GT to Spec B transition is different...

The Spec B package is handling and looks in both countries. That is all.

Ted

:spin:

A production Legacy STi would not have to be the same as the older JDM S401 (or was is the S402... I forget) If the S203 Impreza is any indication, the S-numeral designation is very rare, and very high content, and high priced. Kind of an "everything including the kitchen sink" kind of a car.

The Legacy STi would really only have to be mostly what a USDM Spec B is, (as we know so far)

Plus some new bumper covers/spoilers (cheap to produce) a range of paint colors, rather than just one (WRX STi is painted several colors, including WR Blue.)

And most of all, a drivetrain and suspension package. The aluminum suspension links of the Spec B, some bracing and larger sway-bars, and re-valved and re-sprung to accomodate the weight differences of a Twin Turbo 3.0H6 and the 6MT from the Legacy 3.0R Spec B that the rest of the world gets, and with perhaps stronger driveline components, like driveshafts, and the STi's 5x114 hubs/brakes.

I'd love to see helical front and rear Limited Slip Diffs, along with a 35:65 F/R torque biased VTD center diff. (basically a DCCD without the manual modes. A tarmac sport sedan doesn't really need the manual center diff control of the "rally car.")

It really wouldn't be a completely different car, just a sizeable powertrain and suspension upgrade, with a few visual bits to differentiate it.

BTW: the big difference between the JDM 2.0GT and 2.0GT Spec B, (and the 3.0R->3.0R Spec B, for that matter) is that the Spec B models in other countries actually get different bumper covers (at least in the front) with larger grille openings, Bilstien suspension, 18x7 rims, and more standard equipment, and it is a regular production model in a full color range, not a limited-unit special run in a single color. I don't know that the JDM/ROW Spec B models get more power than the regular 2.0GT or 3.0R, respectively.

The USDM Spec B does not have special bodywork, according to the pictures that have been posted. It does have the aluminum suspension links that ALL JDM GTs get, as well as the bilstein suspension, and 18" rims, and more interior standard features (NAV and Red Leather so far, we'll see if audio controls are available on all 06 GTs or not.) Althought the US doesn't seem to get as many amenities as the JDM models, in general.

The big difference is that the USDM Spec B will be a short run, special production vehicle, in a single, or very small selection of colors, and only 400-500 will be available, and other than the colors, won't be visually changed from the GT, in terms of bodywork.

Japan gets the 2.0GT Spec B, and other countries get the 3.0R Spec B as regular production models that are produced according to demand, in a full range of colors that "spec A" or original specification models get.

Show me a comparison between the JDM GT and JDM Spec B that shows that our GT to Spec B transition is different...

The Spec B package is handling and looks in both countries. That is all.

Ted

The Spec B has different bumpers vs. the GT in Japan. Other than that, I think we get everything that the JDM Spec-B gets.

I wonder if that radio is necessary to run the steering wheel controls and audio voice-over for the NAV. Those are two features I'd like to add, though I don't care about MP3 capability on the CD player itself since I am adding a CleanSweep. It would suck to have to buy a $600 radio, $2K NAV and $?$ for the steering wheel and controls.

I wonder if that radio is necessary to run the steering wheel controls and audio voice-over for the NAV. Those are two features I'd like to add, though I don't care about MP3 capability on the CD player itself since I am adding a CleanSweep. It would suck to have to buy a $600 radio, $2K NAV and $?$ for the steering wheel and controls.

I've been watching this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33704&item=7980562871&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and been thinking the same thing

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Someone should change the title of this thread.. no wonder I missed it. So.. limited productions means that dealers will jack up the price like crazy? RE-050 tires.. the regular Legacy GT should have gotten those! Ugh. Well, I'll turn my car into a Spec B beater eventually, as other people have mentioned. heh

The Tribeca is FUGLY. I don't know how anyone can think it looks even remotely good. I would put it in the same category as the Aztek...
TOTALLY! That was the first thing that came to mind when I drove behind (and then around) my first Tribeca the other day: "Why did Subaru feel the need to copy the Aztek?" I think the new front grille is hideous - but the rear end ain't nothin to get excited about either - totally Aztek inspired.

Any word on telescoping steering? This is my biggest hold out - difficult for me to find comfortable driving positions in vehicles without it.

6'3" so leg room in Subaru's (along with most Japaneese cars) isn't the best. This is way off topic, but anyone else having problems with this/found a way around it.

i'm 6'1"-6'2" and I have to admit that the seating in the Legacy GT LTD I have isn't optimal. I find myself constantly fiddling with the electric seat switches in order to get comfortable. The lack of a telescoping steering wheel definitely is a bummer as it would go a long way in helping me feel comfortable. My seat is all the way back and all the way down and I still feel like my hair is touching the roof and that my legs could use another inch or two. oh well. whenever i get frustrated that the Legacy isn't as comfortable as my Passat I just floor the accelerator and admire the power.

Archived