New info?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here it goes:

More SpecB info....

Interesting confirmations:

Limited to 400 units

Definite Red Leather Interior on all (Limited Trim including sunroof) -- Love my cloth!

Aluminum Pedals, Including Deadpedal -- Have them!

MP3 Capable Stereo -- VDC radio is on my list!

Radio & Shift Controls on steering wheel -- Pimp! Want teh radio controlls!

Navagation standard -- Would get one if gauges are shown.

18"x7.5" Spec B wheels -- Have Rotas 18x8 ;)

215/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Bilstein Struts -- Have Tein CS Coilovers!

Spec B Specific Springs -- Look above!

Aluminum lower control arms and rear links -- Myles can fix this;)

NAV, don't need, and not crazy about paying for, but the LCD might be nice for displaying some digital renditions of gauges.

The NAV Package includes digital gauge displays for several things as well as digital displays for everything the trip computer reads.

18x7.5 wheels... Interesting. I thought they would be the same as JDM Spec B rims, and only be 7" wide. Still might sell them for BBS rims, and get a set of OEM 17"s, or Rotas, for winter tires. Nice to know that they are a bit wider, though.

Sorry...that was a typo on my part...they are the same 18"x7" wheels the rest of the world gets. :(

I'm surprise that this car is limited to 400 but it doesn't even come with auto dim mirror w/ compass and homelink standard.

The person that got me the pics...said he thought it had Homelink on the visor...but he didn't have any pics to confirm it.

Limited to 400 units - ?

Definite Red Leather Interior on all (Limited Trim including sunroof)

Aluminum Pedals, Including Deadpedal - Already have

MP3 Capable Stereo - Don't need/want

Radio & Shift Controls on steering wheel - Don't need/want

Navagation standard - I'll buy the parts and retrofit if possible

18"x7.5" Spec B wheels - Could always pick up a set...

215/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A - Sweet, another tire option

Bilstein Struts - Already have

Spec B Specific Springs - Got pinks

Aluminum lower control arms and rear links - I'll buy the parts and retrofit if possible

It's not going to be in only one color, is it? Kevin from SoD told me that the car is definitely going to have a Titanium Silver color like on the Tribecas, but I didn't ask him if there were going to be other colors.

Anyways, thanks for sharing that information Will!

-ben

Since I am in the market to get the Legacy GT. I think I am almost ready to say "Sign me up for one of these". I need some more ad better quality pics first. I would think the red is a little darker.

Since I am in the market to get the Legacy GT. I think I am almost ready to say "Sign me up for one of these". I need some more ad better quality pics first. I would think the red is a little darker.

It definitely is. This was taken by an idiot with a point and shoot camera. The flash on the camera is a foot from the seats when it's firing to expose the dash (and it overexposed it too I think) so of course the seats are bright.

Look at the part of the drivers seat under the steering wheel. It'll probably be close to that in actuality.

I'm tellin you it's McLaren SLR hot. :)

I keed I keeed

So 400 of these are only available in certain colors with red leather and manual only? Wow. that's going to be very limited and probably only available in the bigger metropolitan cities like LA and NYC. I really think they should produce at least 4000 of these if they really want to meet that 250,000 vehicle mark.

I am kind of in that position, too. Although I wasn't really planning on getting another car quite as soon as october, but if this car is a real home-run, I might make some changes. Next spring or summer might be more realistic, but who knows... one of my cars might make a nice trade, if I really feel like I need to pull that trigger.

I really want to see it in person first, and I have to know the price. Does anybody know off the top of their head, what the JDM 2.0 GT Spec B costs over the 2.0GT "Limited", just for a potential reference?

It also depends if some of the cool stuff, like Aluminum suspension and Steering wheel audio controls, which aren't available in the US currently at all, are incorporated into ALL '06 2.5GTs, or if those will be Spec B- only parts in the US.

I am not sure... I like the idea of steering wheel controls to change tracks or radio stations, and more importantly to turn the volume up and down during commercials on the radio, or up for a really good song...

But in a car with red seats... I would really be tempted to swap the steering wheel and airbag out for an 05 WRX STi steering wheel.

It is the same Momo wheel as the LGT, but with red stitching, which would coordinate with the red seats, and a round STi badge in the center, instead of the 6 stars logo. I think I would loose said steering wheel controls with the STi wheel, unless there is some way to peice together the control buttons onto ANY of the Momo steering wheel spokes, but I am doubting it.

I'd also want to find a 5MT shift knob and boot, e-brake and boot with similar red stitching on black leather. (Mazdaspeed Miatas have that stuff, but the shift knob is 6MT, like the 05 STi.) and I'd probably also re-upholster the center arm rest cover with the same red leather (synth leather, maybe, for durability) as the seats. The door upholstery accents, too, if they aren't already done...

Just mulling over some ideas...

Oh man, I was actually pondering at movign up from an 05 to an 06 if they actually produced it like a Blitzen (the late Blitzen's actually had a helical limited slip front diff in addition to the other bits and I'd have worked with the red leather if that was available.

Personally, I wish Subaru would have made the car with the nice features of that car (well I'd rather red inserts in leather over totally red seats), but if they added a front LSD and the urban grey color, I'd be sold regardless of that other stuff.

Think of this color...

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/concept/imgs/top.jpg

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touringwagon/imgs/top.jpg

I would just use my bronze Tarmac II's with that setup then.

Really, suspension would be pretty set less sway bars and some STi pinks IMO, drivetrain would be good if it had the LSD (I'd get the STi short-throw in a heartbeat again), and the rest is good less a little power addition. ;)

Really reasons for getting this would be:

-24+k miles on a car that's not quite 11months old and will be relegated to my weekend duty and getting a commuter car to take the piles of miles

-It does have a bit of rock chips although overall in excellent condition

-I'd love to have a dark grey paint, I love my blue, but I'm really a hue color for paint kinda of person

-If a bit of the performance parts I wanted were already on the car, I'd so dive into something that is already present with them (like bosal cat-back, sti pinks, jdm bar, sti brake lines & pads) keep it as pure as possible while getting the desired performance out and the only things that wouldn't be from Subaru would be the TMIC, turbo inlet pipe, custom downpipe solution, the rest would be. :) Besides, can bankroll the performance mods into the purchase loan. :)

I'm sure I'd have more reasons too, just can't think of them offhand, but I'd plan to put FAR less miles on a new 06 than I would my 05 and do far less things with it too like commuting, etc.

Urban grey with a dark red leather interior would be a very sweet, very classy look. Very German. (I think Porsche silver race cars usually had red interiors, as well as some Mercedes race cars.)

Thanks for the pics, Urban grey is nice.

I tend to agree about the hued paint, though. If they were offering the Spec B in Red or brighter Blue, I'd be more excited about it.

Man you guys are critical of the pic quality! Must I remind you these were taken at a meeting not open to the public where no pictures were supposed to be taken? Geez!

Here are a few more...

Different Interior Angle:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/Spy2.jpg

Full Exterior Shot:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/Spy3.jpg

Wheel Close up, aluminum rear links are visible:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/shoes.jpg

"Man you guys are critical of the pic quality! Must I remind you these were taken at a meeting not open to the public where no pictures were supposed to be taken? Geez!"

I guess beggers can be choosers! ;)

Looks like the front grill will not be the SAAbaru variety, nice..

Nice pics, and thank you for sharing them, considering they shouldn't exist.

The red leather looks bright in the interior shots, but dark, almost maroon in the full exterior shot. The true color is probably a happy medium between the two.

I certainly hope the bilstein and aluminum suspension is good, but it doesn't seem any lower than stock GT. I am not really expecting much, but there seems to be a healthy wheel well gap, even with the 18"s.

The wheels look nice, but I think I like the Diamond Black 18x7.5 BBS RGR's better.

Some STi-like brakes, with painted (edges and center hub) Brembo disks, and Red brembo calipers might go really nicely on this car. With some other STi hints of red.

I think I would set aside the chrome headlights, and keep them "in case," and clear out some standard black-bezel GT headlights, with HID projectors and angel eye rings. I'd keep the chrome ones set aside "in case" I were to get a really good offer on them, or "in case" I really wanted to trade the car with it's original bits later for, say, a Legacy STi.

Archived