LegacyGT.com

New info?

Stock is supposedly already in the distribution warehouses...part numbers to be released very shortly.

On the Spec-B I was told it was just wheels and suspension upgrades (no mention of brakes, HID's or 6-speed) and in the same sentence something about a Legacy that would only be availible in white with red leather interior...not sure if the source was still talking about the Spec-B or some other model...

...and those still wishing for an STi Legacy....don't hold your breath. Subaru doesn't want the Legacy to be aimed at the same customers as the WRX-STi. That's not to say there might not be higher performance models of the Legacy...I just doubt they would ever be called STi's.

Thx for the clarifications!

Sedan only for the Spec B or will the Wagon be available?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, I did not know you could buy a 05 LegGT/Ltd for 25k-26k.

I was given quotes from 2 dealerships, one being Fitzmall, for a Ltd, both in the 25-26K range. So it can be done, you just have to take advantage of the end of model years deals. Back in November, that price would not have been possible. But I still am in agreement with you, I wouldn't pay 10k more for STi fitments either.

I have USDM '06 Spec-B pics in my possession. :D

Crystal Gray....will post soon as I get home.

Chrystal Grey...

I CALLED IT!!! :D BOO_YAH!

I am waiting with baited breath for the pics....

We are getting confirmation from several sources now, all posting separate threads. :rolleyes: (Thanks for keeping it here, Opie.) it might be quite nice.

Any word on if the seats will be ALL red, or just the center panels? I guess we'll wait and see your pics.

Black interior, with dark Red leather seats (the whole surface and sides) and door inserts, and silver aluminum trim on the dash (along with the grey headliner) might look quite nice, indeed.

keeping my eyes peeled...

I'm still waiting to find out if there are any new colors on regular LGTs (like said Crystal Gray) and an actual release date.

EDIT:

For what it's worth, I've been emailing a local dealer today inquiring about a LGT they no longer have on their lot and I asked about the '06s, and I just received the following:

"The 2006's have been scheduled for late June and into July for the first arrivals. The only change that I know of for the 2006 is the addition of navigation as an option on some models."

There's really no argument about nav being an option so nothing new there, but I've seen delivery dates for the '06s anywhere from June to September posted on the net. I am personally very much hoping for the late June/early July timeframe to be true.

Now if someone could just figure out what if any new colors are coming.

7:15 EST

Where is Opie. :D :D

Sorry I had to eat and put the kid to bed :lol:

Here y'all go, sorry for the quality...but it's all I got:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/SpecB.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic if the grille is different...especially with the glare....

Opie - thanks for the pic!! Now we need P/N's for the suspension bits!! Any idea if it uses the same RSB as the std., or did it get upsized to the JDM 20mm?

Apparently as Tide stated, there will be more than one color choice even though a limited run of 500 cars. The package is mainly 18' and Bilstein suspension. Think of it as the 'sport' option on BMW's and Audi's.

No idea on spec's or part numbers yet, hopefully it will be included on the next parts list update.

From what I was told, only exterior visual differences are the 18" wheels, interior it has aluminum pedals and the red interior. The color in the pic is definitly washed out...probably due to the low quality camera used and bad lighting. But I was told it was the Crystal Gray. Only thing confirmed to me that isn't obvious from the pics is the Bilstein suspension....no word on what tranny it gets...

Here's the only other pic I was sent....the Tribeca with an optional Appearance Package (Chrome Wheels, Mesh Grille)

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/Tribeca.jpg

Ok Tide, I get it. Wheels/tires and performance suspension option, but not for all buyers to order. A limited production run. It is a start, but why not a performance option for any LegGT buyer, including wagon people? Only Subaru knows.

Again, thanks Opie.

Sorry I had to eat and put the kid to bed :lol:

Here y'all go, sorry for the quality...but it's all I got:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/SpecB.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic if the grille is different...especially with the glare....

I am not seeing the red interior. Maybe Tide, et. al. was right, and there is more than one exterior color, and the SWP car gets the red interior.

That car, considering all the glare and light, doesn't look as bright as Brilliant Silver. It may be Chrystal Grey Metallic, but it doesn't look as warm (yellow content) as I remember CGM being on an STi with silver wheels (distinctly more yellow than the grey/silver wheels.)

No change in the bumper. and the grille still seems to shine like chrome.

But do notice, the headlights are ALL chrome. No black surround. They look like the Euro/JDM market 3.0R Legacy headlights.

The rims look completely like the JDM Spec B rims. That would suggest 18x7. I like those OK, but I like the BBS RGR, Prodrive PPF7, and Racing Sparco DS2 rims better, all of which are wider than 7".

Aluminium pedals. Very easily done. This is slightly less than I was expecting. I can do the above 18" rims, and either bilstein take-off struts and springs, or a reputable coil-over for what this costs.

Maybe we'll be lucky and Chrystal Grey will be in the regular lineup, as well as the Spec B. Or San Remo Red, or a new more electric blue (even if it isn't WRBlue)

I was hoping for something strikingly unique, aesthetically, like the 1988 Porsche 944 "Silver Rose" Turbo S. So far, this falls a bit short, and had better be a small premium over a GT Limited, because all of those changes are REALLY easy to make with just a couple of $k.

I have a feeling that if it has standard NAV (optional on every other 06 legacy/OB, if we hear correctly) that this will be at least a 3k option package. I can do without the NAV, and there is not much else here to make this a must have over a standard GT Limited.

I agree. These changes are small enough, and people have been asking for this kind of options, that this should be an option package on the standard build order, for any and all Legacy buyers. "Check here for Sport Package." Heck, Audi offers a Sport Package, AND an Ultra Sport Package on all their A4s (S4 is equivalent as standard, plus the V8 and some extras.)

This isn't exclusive enough for a special run, and is modest and probably effective enough to be offered as a sport package on any Legacy GT.

Hey, the Silver Rose 944 Turbo S was offered in other colors later in the year, and the 89 Turbo was the same spec as the 88 Turbo S. So "trickle down" does work sometimes.

Archived