LegacyGT.com

Legacy vs. Mediocrity

WraithAkaMrak

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, i went from the "red beast" to a 2 year lease on a outback sport.

i now have a 2010 prius (red refrigerator on wheels) for this last year.

my commute is stop-n-go traffic 8 miles each way because my work moved when we outgrew the small office building we were in.

i and others absolutely hate the drive. for me 8 miles takes 35 minutes (best) to 1 hour (worst).

i still go to nasioc and i get info at priuschat.com. man is it slow over at priuschat, like the car. some are very knowledgeable about the car and the rest are trying to pry their asses off the toilet.

The two are just about on par as far as price, used. Sell it private party and swap into an LGT ;)

They're a rare and precious commodity around here (4th gens that is). Plus I'm still checking out the F-250 PSDs. I just don't know if I need 2 trucks. When I do get an LGT, it'll probably be a 5th gen, but I have to get the dealers to come to their senses about prices.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

• 4 weeks later...

My 2 cents. This is me. It is SUBJECTIVE!

I had the option to choose a used 08 and a new 10 and I took the used 08 LGT.

1.) Looks. I hated the '10 when it came out. I got used to it now. The 06-09 does look a bit bland to me right now. The '10 LGT Wagon is looking better everytime I see it IMHO.

2.) Interior. I am not in the US (Singapore), and I find the 06-09 interior plastics a bit better quality compared to the '10 (not sure if the USDM cars differ for both generations). Oh, and we get the McIntosh head unit as standard for all the BL/BP LGTs here. I think it looks good with all the red buttons.

3.) Straw(s) that broke the camel's back for me. No aluminium hood! No temperature gauge! Electronic Parking Brake! And that sprayed on 'blue light effect' on the 10s'. You know, that part around the speedo/tacho pivot area? How cheap can it get?!?!?! Seriously, whoever gave the OK for that at FHI ought to be sacked. That area on my BL glows red because of the backlighting, on the BM it is sprayed on! Yes, it is a 'small' thing but it really pissed me off.

I wanted a new car and held off buying the last of the 09s' because I was waiting for the new generation hoping for direct injection/twin scroll/phasers/warp drive etc etc but it didn't go as planned.

Really should have been a boost gauge on the GT. Fuel econ? HA! I don't think people get turbos to save money :lol:

Agree, the ECO gauge on my 08' LGT is a waste of space.

After all , the multi-info display already shows instantaneous and average fuel economy. Have a boost gauge in its place would have saved me some $$$$ and the trouble of an after-market boost gauge.

To top it off, the ECO gauge isn't even an absolute indicator. I hate the fact that it measures against your average instead of say the BMW absolute style.

What is it with the MPS 6 hate around here? I nearly bought that because it had a 6MT and I can't get the manual LGT in Singapore.

Really should have been a boost gauge on the GT. Fuel econ? HA! I don't think people get turbos to save money :lol:

So true. Is there a boost gauge available that you can place in the upper part of the left heat A/C vent???

Cheers.

You're wrong about the A4. The A4 had summer tires (that were wider than the LGTs) and the S-line package and cost a LOT more than the Spec.B that it was compared to. And the MS6 that it went up against also had RE050a tires. Sure the IS250 isn't much of a sport sedan, but cost quite a bit more than the GT, along with most of the contenders in the link below. That's the point of the 4th gen 2.5GT: you couldn't beat it for the money. Whether you're willing to admit it or not, the 2010 2.5GT did not achieve this status.

We will all be looking forward to the comparison of the "new and improved" 2010 2.5GT against the competition. Also, you're right about the stock 2.5GT having terrible handling. I'm sure that the 20lbs added to the 2010 completely changed that, though.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/all-wheel-drive-sport-sedans/results_and_final_standings_page_9

New for 2011: Folding mirrors! (which will also improve handling)

AND that color is all part of Subaru's new accident avoidance system. DAMN that is one ugly color!

My 2 cents. This is me. It is SUBJECTIVE!

I had the option to choose a used 08 and a new 10 and I took the used 08 LGT.

1.) Looks. I hated the '10 when it came out. I got used to it now. The 06-09 does look a bit bland to me right now. The '10 LGT Wagon is looking better everytime I see it IMHO.

2.) Interior. I am not in the US (Singapore), and I find the 06-09 interior plastics a bit better quality compared to the '10 (not sure if the USDM cars differ for both generations). Oh, and we get the McIntosh head unit as standard for all the BL/BP LGTs here. I think it looks good with all the red buttons.

3.) Straw(s) that broke the camel's back for me. No aluminium hood! No temperature gauge! Electronic Parking Brake! And that sprayed on 'blue light effect' on the 10s'. You know, that part around the speedo/tacho pivot area? How cheap can it get?!?!?! Seriously, whoever gave the OK for that at FHI ought to be sacked. That area on my BL glows red because of the backlighting, on the BM it is sprayed on! Yes, it is a 'small' thing but it really pissed me off.

I wanted a new car and held off buying the last of the 09s' because I was waiting for the new generation hoping for direct injection/twin scroll/phasers/warp drive etc etc but it didn't go as planned.

Whne in comes to the 2010 vs 2008 LGT, you are an angry man AKE and I like you.

I will be in Singapore in 3 weeks, between the 24th December and the 3rd of January. I am looking for someone to introduce me to the tuner crowd there. Can you help me with that ?

No worries no other commitment or needs. I am visiting with my girlfriend and her family.

Whne in comes to the 2010 vs 2008 LGT, you are an angry man AKE and I like you.

I will be in Singapore in 3 weeks, between the 24th December and the 3rd of January. I am looking for someone to introduce me to the tuner crowd there. Can you help me with that ?

No worries no other commitment or needs. I am visiting with my girlfriend and her family.

The tuner crowd here tends to be a bit more low key as the authorities here are quite strict on car modifications.

I now where the major/more famous shops are but I don't know most of the tuners personally. Is there any aspect in particular you are interested in?

I could point you to our local forums where you can ask some 'pre-arrival' questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived