LegacyGT.com

Legacy vs. Mediocrity

WraithAkaMrak

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the snow argument. I mean really arguing that your car is better maybe 5% of the time than another car is really really funny.

..... unless you live in Canuckstian ..... then it is better 95% of the time.

:hide:

The Legacy has always knocked off the Camry in appearance -- the 05 Camry and 05 Legacy are dead ringers from some angles.

1g, 2g, & 3g Subaru Legacies do not look like Camrys in any way, shape, or form. They didn't start looking like each other until the 5g Subaru Legacy came out.

All subarus are slow :lol::lol:

Everything is slow. That's why modification exists :D

Everything was great when the first 4g Legacies were sold.

Subaru's mistakes for the USDM in the 90's include:

Not offering the 2.0 in ANY format.

Killing off the 2.2 turbo.

Not raising the power to acceptable levels (no USDM Legacy had 200hp.)

Not offering the H6 to any mainstream model (2g Legacy w/H6 would rule.)

Severely limiting available trims/models.

Creating the 2.5. We were better off without the head gasket issue.

Subaru's mistakes in the new millennium:

Killing off the 2.2.

Making the Legacy/Impreza obnoxiously large/ugly.

Killing off the frameless doors on the latest model.

Designing the Subaru too much like a damn Toyota.

Toning out the sportiness of the Subaru to near-average levels (I SWEAR a 4g Legacy has higher density balls than a 5g. I've taken a ride in both. 4g wins.)

Subaru. You're unique enough. You're offering nice boxer engines & standard AWD. You need to stop with the outrageous styling. Also, the EJ is a damn good engine but it's about time you either removed that damn 2.5L garbage & stick with the lesser liters or give us a new direct injected boxer engine with JDM power levels so we can play with the rest of the crowd. Stop with the throttle-by-wire too. That's annoying. Thnx.

Killing off the frameless doors on the latest model.

So road noise is really that important? I find not hearing the drone of tires and wind to be a good thing.

3g had some similarities to the Camry, but it probably leaned more on knocking off a Buick Century than any other car.

Then again reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit, you lean more towards bitter complaints about not everyone drinking the same Kool-Aid you do. Clearly a sign you are a Democrat, but that is for the Political Arena.

........and this is where I stop listening. :rolleyes:

I love the snow argument. I mean really arguing that your car is better maybe 5% of the time than another car is really really funny.

I take it you always drive off-road and regularly have to go over manholes with load in the bed, am I correct? :lol: This same argument I hear from pick-up truck drivers when, for example, I mention the Mini. "How can you haul anything in that thing". Well, I dunno fellow city slicker, I guess that 0.01% of the time I need to haul something larger, I grab dad's Cummins dooley or rent a truck.

So road noise is really that important? I find not hearing the drone of tires and wind to be a good thing.

...even Dodge Neon had pillar-less doors:lol:

I take it you always drive off-road .... I mention the Mini. "How can you haul anything in that thing". Well, I dunno fellow city slicker, I guess that 0.01% of the time I need to haul something larger, I grab dad's Cummins dooley or rent a truck.

I hate driving trucks/suv. Some of us have lifestyles (professional and personal) that REQUIRE cargo room. East Los Angeles streets ARE like driving off-road. Admittedly, more than once I cursed myself for making due with a Durango and trailer instead of a Box Truck and a smaller DD.

I take it you always drive off-road and regularly have to go over manholes with load in the bed, am I correct? :lol: This same argument I hear from pick-up truck drivers when, for example, I mention the Mini. "How can you haul anything in that thing". Well, I dunno fellow city slicker, I guess that 0.01% of the time I need to haul something larger, I grab dad's Cummins dooley or rent a truck.

LOL! Most of the pickup drivers here never have more than a tonneau cover and/or BedRug loading down the bed (work trucks not included). Not counting towing, I actually think I have carried more stuff in the Altima than in either my Tahoe, Suburban, or pickup. I love driving my trucks though.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Hey it's not ideal for all uses, but that is why we also have a car. Once you've owned a truck you get addicted to the utility. It'll stick around until it falls apart, but will be replaced as a DD by a sedan in a few years.

I got stuck in the Legacy in a few inches of snow. It didn't help that I was dropped and on summer tires, but I had no traction on all four wheels and the belly of the car was stuck on snow. Never had that problem with any 4WD SUV's I've owned.

Do you normally drop your 4WD SUV's on summer tires? ;)

I'm not going to deny it, I can see myself not parting with a truck once I've had one for a bit.

If i had a truck during the 11 yrs i've been driving, it would have been driven only a dozen times. I dont see it as worth it unless you are constantly doing yard work or building something. It is nice to have something that can fit stuff on a daily basis, which is why I have my wagon and a yukon xl. The truck bed is too wasteful unless your always using it (and I mean what cant fit in something else)

work trucks exempt....

This idiotic Pontiac Sunfire that I'm using to get around is much louder than any Legacy I've been in. Not to say that my Legacies were silent but they were a helluva' lot quieter than this thing interior-wise.

Archived