LegacyGT.com

Legacy vs. Mediocrity

WraithAkaMrak

It won't happen with this car i've learned my lesson and i'm done playing around with 4 cylinder sedans wasting money and still going slow. ;)

Stay stock stay happy?:p:lol: 4 cyl sedans can be quick but are not generally fast wihtout a LOT of money sunk into them. Not easy to take your Vette from 80mph.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was lucky to get 23MPG on the highway with the LGT, couldn't go off road due to limited ground clearance, couldn't really haul anything, couldn't tow anything and wasn't meeting our needs. So it went away and now I have a Toyota Tundra, which manages around 18-19MPG on the same highway commute. Maybe my LGT was exceptionally bad, I don't know, either way I was less than impressed with what I had for power vs. what I burned for fuel.

AWD considerations aside, Subaru has basically no real advantages over any other auto maker I can think of right now. Certainly not in the engine department.

Then what are you still doing around here if you hate subaru's so much? Got nothing better to do? Or are you on an altruistic mission to steer people away from Subaru? Because if you're not, you kind of come off as a loser.:rolleyes:

Stay stock stay happy?:p:lol: 4 cyl sedans can be quick but are not generally fast wihtout a LOT of money sunk into them. Not easy to take your Vette from 80mph.

A simple pair of drag radials makes all the difference. :p

Stay Stock Stay Happy are words to live by. ;)

Stay Stock Stay Happy

So, he's here, to constantly tell "the community" that all subaru's are shit. Got it, that'd be a loser with too much time and not enough to do. Unless he's making time in his busy schedule, in which case, he'd be even more of a loser....

I don't know the guy, but judging from the few posts I've seen written here, that's my observational $0.02.

And let me broaden this by saying that all you parrots who keep squawking that the new subaru's are shit and how you hate them and that your old subaru was better......get a life already! Who cares!

"AWD considerations aside, Subaru has basically no real advantages over any other auto maker I can think of right now. Certainly not in the engine department."

I would agree with that statement and it has been the case for most of their history. The only reason I bought my current Subaru is because they are one of the only reliable car companies to offer a wagon. If the Euro Accord would have been offered I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. I will say that my dealership experience with my local Subaru dealer has been the best I have ever had and I know that wouldn't have been the case with the local Honda dealers who are all incompetent crooks. If Subaru would offer a proper wagon again I would consider it, but that doesn't seem likely so this may be my first and last Subaru.

So, he's here, to constantly tell "the community" that all subaru's are shit. Got it, that'd be a loser with too much time and not enough to do. Unless he's making time in his busy schedule, in which case, he'd be even more of a loser....

I don't know the guy, but judging from the few posts I've seen written here, that's my observational $0.02.

And let me broaden this by saying that all you parrots who keep squawking that the new subaru's are shit and how you hate them and that your old subaru was better......get a life already! Who cares!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you know what the word irony means? Probably not, you don't seem quite sharp enough.

So I will try to break it down for you retard style.

You are complaining about someone posting on an internet forum that they have been a member of since 2004 being a loser. As if it is a waste of time, which I freely admit it is, especially when people of your rather low caliber participate.

Yet here you are, also wasting time on an internet forum. Kind of a loser type thing to do if you ask me, you know.... posting shit up on a meaningless internet forum that doesn't pay your bills, feed your kids (please tell me you haven't bread), or make a meaningful contribution to society. Even better you are squandering otherwise productive time on here, complaining about someone else wasting time on here.

I realize you are not intelligent enough to understand what I have just explained to you, but the other members can have a nice laugh about it. Not that they needed me to point it out since for the most part they can form a complete sentence and communicate without pointing and/or grunting.

Have a nice day, try not to waste too much time on here. :lol:

"AWD considerations aside, Subaru has basically no real advantages over any other auto maker I can think of right now. Certainly not in the engine department."

I would agree with that statement and it has been the case for most of their history. The only reason I bought my current Subaru is because they are one of the only reliable car companies to offer a wagon.

Sometimes it's about the whole package. Even though the Legacy didn't stand out in every area, it was a solid product for the money. Having its own identity and being better looking and sportier than a Camry or Accord didn't hurt! That's where they went astray with the 2010 redesign, losing what made the Legacy a Legacy in an attempt to emulate everyone else.

The Legacy has always knocked off the Camry in appearance -- the 05 Camry and 05 Legacy are dead ringers from some angles. In 2 years time when the Camry is redesigned Subaru will have to go back to the drawing boards to knock off that design too.

The Legacy has always knocked off the Camry in appearance -- the 05 Camry and 05 Legacy are dead ringers from some angles. In 2 years time when the Camry is redesigned Subaru will have to go back to the drawing boards to knock off that design too.

You can always find similarities between cars if you look hard enough.

I think the Legacy sedan is overall a better executed design than the Camry, and it only got better for the 2008 facelift.

If you're really worried about confusing your car for a Camry, there's always the Legacy wagon ;) Well.. there was the Legacy wagon :spin:

was, if there's anything the site should rally together about is that. ******* pissed that there are basically 0 mantran wagons around and barely any wagons at all. What the **** is it with people not wanting the utility of a wagon? It's not the 80s, we're not rolling with wood panel Roadmasters any more. Get the **** with it, America.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you know what the word irony means? Probably not, you don't seem quite sharp enough.

So I will try to break it down for you retard style.

You are complaining about someone posting on an internet forum that they have been a member of since 2004 being a loser. As if it is a waste of time, which I freely admit it is, especially when people of your rather low caliber participate.

Yet here you are, also wasting time on an internet forum. Kind of a loser type thing to do if you ask me, you know.... posting shit up on a meaningless internet forum that doesn't pay your bills, feed your kids (please tell me you haven't bread), or make a meaningful contribution to society. Even better you are squandering otherwise productive time on here, complaining about someone else wasting time on here.

I realize you are not intelligent enough to understand what I have just explained to you, but the other members can have a nice laugh about it. Not that they needed me to point it out since for the most part they can form a complete sentence and communicate without pointing and/or grunting.

Have a nice day, try not to waste too much time on here. :lol:

Wow, you had to write a lot there! Also, maybe you should look up the definition of irony, because this isn't it :lol:.

Oh, and I'm not complaining about you posting on an internet forum, I resent the fact that you're deliberately bashing all Subaru's because you don't like them.

And I don't give a shit about your post count, or mine, it's not a measure of someone's experience or aptitude, the latter appearing a bit dim in your posts.

Oh, and I'm not complaining about you posting on an internet forum, I resent the fact that you're deliberately bashing all Subaru's because you don't like them.

And I don't give a shit about your post count, or mine, it's not a measure of someone's experience or aptitude, the latter appearing a bit dim in your posts.

I don't hate all Subarus. When I bought mine I liked it fine, at least until it started to fall apart. I had high hopes for the redesign, and was then disgusted with the result. Not only not as cosmetically pleasing as I would have liked, but mechanically not significantly better than its predecessor. In fact possibly worse and dumbed down from a handling, and performance standpoint. Ugly I can forgive (I mean honestly a 2007 Toyota Tundra is NOT a good looking vehicle), but not really improved upon compared to the previous generation is simply not forgivable to me.

I am not aware where I was touting my post count as some sort of E-cock measuring contest with you. Maybe you again didn't understand my last posts where I freely admit that this site is a complete waste of productive time, and has been since about December 24th 2004 for me. :lol:

Then again reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit, you lean more towards bitter complaints about not everyone drinking the same Kool-Aid you do. Clearly a sign you are a Democrat, but that is for the Political Arena.

Well it will be even easier to knock off the Camry next go around since the ownership is the same, they can just send the Camry design team over to Subaru to make sure the Subaru badges will fit on a Camry. :spin: :spin: :spin:

I've owned both and would love to try a new LGT from a 30 mph roll to 100+ mph. I could be wrong but i would be surprised if the LGT was quicker to triple digits when the AWD is out of the equation.

Don't forget you're comparing a $27k Hyundai to a $32k Subaru.

I will run with ya old man :icon_evil

Archived