LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

Two smaller ones in parallel instead of one large will give better response and three cylinders per turbo is actually fairly good.

However you can mount them close to the cylinder heads on the exhaust side.

But it will make things a bit more complicated when it comes to plumbing. Maybe a future modification.

Ehh id stay single turbo. Begining post he wanted this setup since easier to make over 500hp this way than mod the 2.5L.

Gotta remember even though this is an old motor im sure the 3.8L has more tq than almost any turbo 2.5L under 2krpm so its not going to be laggy. I know i went from a 99 sc'ed maxima with a 3.0L at 13lbs psi and going from that 3.0L to the na 3.5L swap i couldnt believe what half a cyclinder did for the low end. So just imagine 2 more cyclinders and 1.3Ls.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mega Users
The point (as far as I see it) is to use a setup that he already has and put it into the leggy. Of coarse a twin turbo will give low end AND high end, but it requires money. I get the feeling that Frankster is more of a resourceful badass than a big spender. Anyone can pay a crapload of money and get someone to do an engine swap...it takes skill to do something like this in such a short time.

Unless I am severely mistaken, he has no interest in anything overly complicated, spendy, or flashy. He'll have just as much fun without the fluff. Sounds like a great way to live, considering people have spent more on a stage 2 legacy just on the exhaust bits.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Unless I am severely mistaken, he has no interest in anything overly complicated, spendy, or flashy. He'll have just as much fun without the fluff. Sounds like a great way to live, considering people have spent more on a stage 2 legacy just on the exhaust bits.

This. Well said...do it cheap, do it simple, do it right.

:D:D so i got the boost lines connected cleaned up a bunch of wires and got a nice tune to 5 lbs ! videos being up loaded right now. its got some decent pull already! in the videos you will see the stock tach be a little jumpy i think this is because of either some noise or the sensor is to far from the ring.

tomorrow i will install the rwd/4wd shaft.

100_0260.thumb.jpg.31143e4024fd0eebaab0f441e00fd7b3.jpg

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I noticed the temp setting on the heater control said 22, then I remembered, where you live.

This is a awesome animal you have built. Looking forward to seeing more.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I noticed the temp setting on the heater control said 22, then I remembered, where you live.

yea us knuckers like our sub freezing heater settings :lol:

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader