LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... true... I do want to try it out though. Maybe down the road when my kids grow up a bit.

I bet you could just get a BP Legacy that has a 3.0 in it, and swap the 3.6 with the 3.6 ECU in and it would be mostly plug-and-play.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

well i fixed the exaust leaks at the headders. and put my stainless thrush mufflers back on ( that the fuzz didn't like ) sounds kinda like a mustang or mid 90's camaro with headders. i installed my wideband from 14point7.com.

next thing is to mount the rad. will post a video in the morning!

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well i fixed the exaust leaks at the headders. and put my stainless thrush mufflers back on ( that the fuzz didn't like ) sounds kinda like a mustang or mid 90's camaro with headders. i installed my wideband from 14point7.com.

next thing is to mount the rad. will post a video in the morning!

Ok it's 12 minutes to noon, I don't see no video yet...:)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hood close ? uh not quite ...

i want to keep the hood scoop. what i might do is move the scoop forward a bit more. with the same shape.

hood close ? uh not quite ...

i want to keep the hood scoop. what i might do is move the scoop forward a bit more. with the same shape.

2008 350z hood bulge.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/2008-350z.jpg

You can find the hoods for those cars pretty darn cheap sometimes.

Or, just make your own fiberglass hood. Not all that hard, if you have the time to do it right. Mold the new contour out of foam and glue it to the surface of the hood. Cover the entire upper surface with painters tape. Paint the glass mat, and lay it down. If you have a large enough flat surface, you could vacuum bag it. When cured, remove the fiberglass top. Repeat on the bottom of the hood. Epoxy aluminum lugs into the bottom of the hood where the bolts all go. Glass the two layers together, let it cure, sand it, bondo it, paint it, install it.

I make it sound simple, but it's not an overly difficult process, in truth.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sounds like it needs some fine tuning to idle smoothly.

yea .. its bugging me! there are a lot of settings for spark dwell timing and a bizillion other things i'm going through peice by peice. or could simply be bad spark plugs ! i have a new wire set to install this one is rotten and choped and what not .. but the sunbird still ran 117mph in the 1/4 with those !

well changed the plugs! much better :D it had very cold plugs in it fine for street and racing but not for pulling in and out of the garage!

its got a lot of grunt ! its pretty much the same as a boost launch every time i stab the throttle! gotta start working on the rad support and such .. but had a long day.

^ some people are never happy...they always want more. Gee give the guy a break. :)

He's bust'in his butt trying to get this thing running.

But yea, like he said, when can we see some tire smoke ? LOL

Great job Frank.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yea .. its bugging me! there are a lot of settings for spark dwell timing and a bizillion other things i'm going through peice by peice. or could simply be bad spark plugs ! i have a new wire set to install this one is rotten and choped and what not .. but the sunbird still ran 117mph in the 1/4 with those !

Aside from the spark plugs ignition cables can be a culprit too, fresh and clean cables helps. (OK, if you have directly connected coils that doesn't apply)

Another issue that can cause rough idle is if the ignition is too early. Too fat mixture on idle can also cause the engine to have a rough idle.

And maybe you should check out the injectors to make sure that they are matched. May pay off in the long run. Unevenly matched injectors can in worst case burn a valve. (I know that from experience)

453747.png

So you have the stock ECU controlling the mundane features of the car (the A/C, immobilizer, etc), but a MegaSquirt running the engine, and Megashift running the transmission? Hmm, not a bad idea!