LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH COMON!!!! GET ON IT!!!! All this power and i have to watch you do 40mph... great video nonetheless. As a guy who's done allot of fab work and built crazy things like my wide-body wagon

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/andruskitheruski/saabaru%20edit/IMG_6368.jpg

I have mad RESPECK for you man

i cut the upper and lower rad supports,

then replaced the lower one with a 1-1/2" square tube 3/16" wall and the upper one is a removeable angle iron 3/16" thick.

this won't affect the structual regidity of the car becuase its mostly done by the unibody cab ie window struts and door posts. also what i replaced the parts with is much stronger than original.

It may have some effect on the crumple zone, but since it's (from what I understand) only the radiator mount that's going across the travel direction of the car I don't see any problems either.

453747.png

I love all the warning lights on in the dash. :lol:

Car is probably saying WTF is going on! :lol:

should take it to the dealer to put it on a scanner

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I suppose that there was no routing that would have made them less obvious?

But since it's a V6 a dual turbo solution would be a wonderful alternative.

why ? its doubble the stuff ..

so i disabled all the cel codes. except the cam position sensor ones 340 and 345 witch were omited randomly. i then disabled those and then car would never accecpt tach signal. ( ie not start the fuel pump ) however the cel turns off while cranking and engine running on the fuel pump prime. so the ecu know that the engine is turning. i can reproduce the ability for the tach to work every time now, the engine simply needs to be cranked for at least 5 seconds. ( nothing worked when i disabled codes 340 amd 345 i'm not sure why. i'll try angain later. But i do know for a fact that the subaru ecu checks for the cam alignement before allowing the engine to start. ( i had one cam off phase a little bit ) and the car would never start untill i unpluged the cam sensor.

other than that i have made several trips to the store and around town.

The project hasn't really started nor am I getting the impression it will, aside from just talking about it.

Good luck should you ever decide to do something, frank_ster. /unsubscribe

:lol::lol::rolleyes::spin::spin:

Is this guy out there now? Wonder if he's has check this thread recently?

Progress is amazing thus far. I am AMAZED how quickly you have gotten so far on this project, and the fact that you are trying to make all the stock interior guages work.

Keep up the awesome work and vids!

Loving the progress you've made, awesome job! And the ic lines are up too...wish I could see this one in person to learn a thing or two.

I get the feeling Frankster is very nice in person...

And I get the feeling anyone would learn more than just two things...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

why ? its doubble the stuff ..

Two smaller ones in parallel instead of one large will give better response and three cylinders per turbo is actually fairly good.

However you can mount them close to the cylinder heads on the exhaust side.

But it will make things a bit more complicated when it comes to plumbing. Maybe a future modification.

453747.png