LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

Yes, it actually fits the first time. The fitment and quality is much better than the cx lighting kit. The only problem you will have with the stock downpipe is the doughnut since this is a flat flange 3" exhaust.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ For which you need one of these:

http://wbrperformance.com/wbr/images/productimages/Catbackflangeadapter2.jpg

The only true "adapter" that mates a donut flange to a 3" flat flange. Works great and seals correctly with no leaks

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes, it actually fits the first time. The fitment and quality is much better than the cx lighting kit. The only problem you will have with the stock downpipe is the doughnut since this is a flat flange 3" exhaust.

Sounds awesome, especially for the money. Hopefully I can pick one up. I can't imagine it would be too loud with the stock downpipe. Later on, I'm thinking about a catted downpipe and putting in a resonator as discussed above if it's too loud for me. Looks real mean too....lol.

Thanks!

^ For which you need one of these:

http://wbrperformance.com/wbr/images/productimages/Catbackflangeadapter2.jpg

The only true "adapter" that mates a donut flange to a 3" flat flange. Works great and seals correctly with no leaks

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
All I have to say is the OBX Wagon exhaust is loud and raspy. I mean, I know my car was loud before but it is reallky loud now. I plan on getting a magnaflow muffler to weld in the center section. At least my cams gave me a little rumble back that the EL Headers took away:)

I got a set of used Prodrive cans fr a reasonable price.

My 05 wagon is completely catless and I've been running the stock cans on the catless setup,no drone,no problems.

Anybody wanna take bets on how it will sound when I finally get around to installing the Prodrive cans ??

^ Very bassy - and it will wake up the character of the car. There'll be no doubt you're running a performance setup.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
just installed a x02 exhaust to my stock mid and y...not catback I know, but it sounds perfect, no drone, pure boxer rumble. Bit of a hassle with fitting them on the hangars, but it looks and sounds so good!

Got any sound/video clips of this setup?

I've done the loud 3" exhaust before on my WRX wagon, and don't much feel like headache inducing drone in the Outback XT, also. Just muffler's might do the trick for a while.

BillyJoe, how is the OBX + Magnaflow setup inside the car? Specifically on the freeway. It sounds pretty dang good outside, and I'd think with the stock DP things should be fairly mild.

Man things are a lot more complicated for LGT/OBXT wagon owners, compared to the Impreza line!

the OBX + Magnaflow setup is pretty mild. The magnaflow took out all the raspiness (sp?) that was associated with a catless aftermarket DP, and significantly reduced the drone by 80%.

HOWEVER, I was still not too happy with the drone on the highway. It was wayyyy better than it was out of the box, but it was still quite annoying. The OBX mufflers were definitely to blame for this drone. So I did what I thought I'd never do. I bought and installed two 4.5" exhaust silencers (one for each muffler tip). Finally, the drone is ALL gone. I also can tell that the increased backpressure did reduce the performance a bit (not too much, not as much as compared to before the OBX exhaust install). My thinking was, to make the family happy, silencers go in, but when i take the wagon to the track, they come out (easily).

I love the way these OBX mufflers look and fill out the cut out, but I wish i did not have to use the damn silencers. Kinda maybe defeats the purpose of these nice fitting mufflers. Would I do it again if I had a choice? Not sure. But I would strongly consider maybe buying one of those electric exhaust cut-outs just for track use instead of going through this.

But, I believe the stock DP will help out with the raspiness, but I dont' think it will be much difference in the Drone, since it's all in the mufflers.

i'll get some vid clips of the exhaust when I get my camera form home sometime next week, I almost feel like they've quieted down over the past few weeks. With the windows up I barely notice it, but with them down i can still hear the engine and blow off valve going (louder than before).

• 4 weeks later...
the OBX + Magnaflow setup is pretty mild. The magnaflow took out all the raspiness (sp?) that was associated with a catless aftermarket DP, and significantly reduced the drone by 80%.

HOWEVER, I was still not too happy with the drone on the highway. It was wayyyy better than it was out of the box, but it was still quite annoying. The OBX mufflers were definitely to blame for this drone. So I did what I thought I'd never do. I bought and installed two 4.5" exhaust silencers (one for each muffler tip). Finally, the drone is ALL gone. I also can tell that the increased backpressure did reduce the performance a bit (not too much, not as much as compared to before the OBX exhaust install). My thinking was, to make the family happy, silencers go in, but when i take the wagon to the track, they come out (easily).

I love the way these OBX mufflers look and fill out the cut out, but I wish i did not have to use the damn silencers. Kinda maybe defeats the purpose of these nice fitting mufflers. Would I do it again if I had a choice? Not sure. But I would strongly consider maybe buying one of those electric exhaust cut-outs just for track use instead of going through this.

But, I believe the stock DP will help out with the raspiness, but I dont' think it will be much difference in the Drone, since it's all in the mufflers.

How did the exhaust do over the winter as far as resisting rust? Thanks!!

So far so good. I can still polish it up with some minor elbow grease. My Invidia downpipe is shot after two winters though haha so we'll see what happens to the OBX this coming year.

But to be fair, I did install the OBX mid-way through the winter season.

So far so good. I can still polish it up with some minor elbow grease. My Invidia downpipe is shot after two winters though haha so we'll see what happens to the OBX this coming year.

But to be fair, I did install the OBX mid-way through the winter season.

So, you did no initial prep to it (like clear coat), and saw some minor surface rusting to it over 1-2 months of road salt? Are the welds rusting? You would call it an acceptable level of rusting? Thanks!!

So, you did no initial prep to it (like clear coat), and saw some minor surface rusting to it over 1-2 months of road salt? Are the welds rusting? You would call it an acceptable level of rusting? Thanks!!

Clear coating an exhaust system ??? :eek::spin:

,,the key word here is "heat" ,google it .

yup, sprayed my cxracing cbe in the hopes it would stay cleaner looking longer...

except I bought satin and not gloss so it certainly lost its luster.

i'll be installing my cusco rear under bracing in the next couple of weeks so can take a close look to see how it fared after our salty winter here...

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am going with the OBX wagon as I haven't found anything at a reasonable price that fits the wagon.

My only concern is that it looks like the y-pipe hangs very low. Is this true or does it just look that way?

Archived