LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so I can't see the Y pipes at 3" being much different from 2.5" or vice versa however u wnna look at it. If everything is 3" from turbo back to Y pipe at 2.5 where is the huge flow loss or gain?

The loss is actually at the "Y" pipe regardless of what size it is. 1/2 inch can make a difference on any forced induction car. Someone making >400whp won't notice a difference and that is why I kept my Greddpy SPII for so long. My goal is mid 600whp so every little bit helps when it comes to flow.

I don't want quad tips. Tho that exhaust is very good looking I like larger 3-4 inch tips ;) ill probably hold out for the agency power unless I give in to the obx or the new exhaust I think import image is currently in the proccess of production.

Hey all, sorry this took so long, but I was finally able to get some clips from my OBX install with and without the magnaflow 14319 on the midpipe. Tried to make a movie from Windows Movie maker but got errors at the end, so hopefully YouTube quality will do it justice.

I will support those to has done this magnaflow muffler install and totally agree with their findings.

Approximately 80% less drone (still some there at lower RPMS ~2.5K-3K), but now it is wife approved (haha..that alone means a lot to some of us). Still has the free flowing performance when compared to the exhaust right out of the box. WOT sounds beautiful. On the highway the drone is practically non-existent, only comes out when passing (still 20% what it used to be).

Overall, happy with this purchase, the mufflers and tips fit the cutout and protudes out the back PERFECTLY. However, the Y-PIPE does hang super low. We will see if that is cause for concern in the near future :eek:

OBX OUT OF THE BOX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1CCeNF6IwY]YouTube - OBX Legacy GT Wagon Exhaust Pt 1/5[/ame]

OBX OUT OF THE BOX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53U3BtW-2k]YouTube - OBX Legacy GT Wagon Exhaust Pt 2/5[/ame]

OBX - MAGNAFLOW 14319 MUFFLER INSTALLED (RASPINESS IS GONE)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YogY6T_HZJY]YouTube - OBX Legacy GT Wagon Exhaust Pt 3/5[/ame]

OBX OUT OF THE BOX - INSIDE THE CAR (NOTICE THE DRONE AT 3K AND 40 MPH)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxulKEByKrI]YouTube - OBX Legacy GT Wagon Exhaust Pt 5/5[/ame]

OBX MAGNAFLOW 14319 MUFFLER - INSIDE THE CAR (SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DRONING)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC02PaTmWns]YouTube - OBX Legacy GT Wagon Exhaust Pt 4/5[/ame]

I like it alot. My question is how much is the magnaflow peice? What does it take to install onto the obx system and last that Y pipe looks scary low. You think that will be a major problem if im lowered 1.5" and how low are you?

I like it alot. My question is how much is the magnaflow peice? What does it take to install onto the obx system and last that Y pipe looks scary low. You think that will be a major problem if im lowered 1.5" and how low are you?

Good questions, sorry I didn't include them in my original post....

Magnaflow Muffler I got from Amazon ~ 105 shipped

Install at Muffler Shop (welded in, and some fabrication work) ~ 50 (30 min)

I am sitting on Koni Struts with Swift Wagon Springs (recently installed last week). The springs have settled in, and it is pretty scary low. But so far, under normal driving (past two weeks) it hasn't hit anything. My car is probably 1.2 - 1.5 lower than stock all the way around. With the new suspension it's noticeably lower than my old setup with stock struts and eibachs.

Suprisingly, the OBX system was easy to install, seems to be good quality steel, and beefy flanges. It took close to no wrestling with the parts to get them lined up. The only problem was with the slip joint on the midpipe. That clamp didn't seal that section up, so I had a small exhaust leak there. However, thats where my new magnaflow muffler is now, so its leak-free.

I guess another observation is that I have an aftermarket rear sway (cusco 21mm) and the y-pipe easily clears it.

The YouTube vids really don't do the exhaust justice, let me know if anyone wants to download the higher quality clips. I'll just upload them on sendspace or something....

It might look low in the rear but that is probably the last place that would make contact. The first place would be clsoer to the center right behind where the DP and Cat back join. This would be the case with almost any aftermarket exhaust if you are low enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw that OBX and I'm curious to how off the fitment would be for my sedan. If it's just the tips then I'd be fine to just go to the muffler shop and get tips that I want welded on. My major concern is really with the mid/y piping being longer than it would on the sedan. I'd think everything else should bolt up just fine. Any suggestions?

Bump. Does anybody know how much further the tips stick out on a wagon exhaust, vs. sedan? OBX wagon vs. stock sedan?

Are the OBX tips stainless, could they be cut down easily?

Has someone fitted one of these to a sedan?

Are the OBX mufflers 3" straight through?

Obx mufflers are 3" Straight through. I would assume you could cut down the tips if you have someone with a really nice band saw. They would stick out a few inches just like any other wagon exhaust would on a sedan.

Obx mufflers are 3" Straight through. I would assume you could cut down the tips if you have someone with a really nice band saw. They would stick out a few inches just like any other wagon exhaust would on a sedan.

Thanks! I measured the inner exhaust hanger vs. the bumper last night, about 9-10 inches from the hanger to the lower edge of the bumper, about 11-12 inches to the upper part. The tips look about 11-12 inches from the pics. So I'm guessing they would stick out a couple inches.

So, this is really much better quality than the CXL/GMS exhausts? I'd be running it with the stock downpipe for starters.....can't imagine it being all that loud until you go to an aftermarket downpipe.

Archived