LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I installed mine today. It's a nice system for what it is PARTICULARLY when you look at how expensive all of the other systems are. It doesn't have what I would consider drone. The car revs more freely and it pops an burbles on over -run just like a hard core WRX. It's not the loudest exhaust but you can't hear the engine over it. It's all burblely goodness. I can listen to the radio at normal levels so none of that has changed. At highway speeds it's still there, but majority of noise comes from the road. If you are interested I could probably be persuaded to sell mine. I really wanted it for the Y anyway. If I can't sell it, I think I'm going to go to have this one hacked up so that I can utilize the stock cans. I'm all about NPR and argyle and this has a little more growl than I care for. Not bad...I'm just a fairly meek guy ;)

WP_000076.thumb.jpg.a6314de07fa9987ec6e891d7f3284fda.jpg

WP_000077.thumb.jpg.9a5d3e06b954922a055ca8521cbd9aed.jpg

WP_000078.thumb.jpg.e5c65dbdfd3e85b424cf1942e655db2e.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for posting!

Looks like the tips fit the cut-outs well. Also looks like it hangs pretty low at the Y. Or maybe that's just 'cause it's so shiny. :lol:;)

Any idea if the mufflers would fit the stock exhaust or vice versa? Thanks!

Wow, looks like the fit is dead on. Thanks for posting. I am still waiting to get mine on. Hopefully mine will be on soon.

I know it is going to be loud but I am way beyond the quiet sleeper I use to have. I bought this system because it was a full 3" all the way back past the "Y". If it had a resonator, it probably would have been my perfect setup.

You would probably have to mod the mufflers a bit to fit the stock exhaust, but as it is, it fit well. Bolted right up with a minimum of wrestle work. It's just coming off for something a little more low key because I'm such a mild mannered guy *chuckle*

You would probably have to mod the mufflers a bit to fit the stock exhaust, but as it is, it fit well. Bolted right up with a minimum of wrestle work. It's just coming off for something a little more low key because I'm such a mild mannered guy *chuckle*

What are you going to replace it with? Maybe a resonator would do the trick.

I'd love to pull the trigger on this but I don't want much louder than I have now. How loud is this thing? I had an Autospeed on for 2 minutes and it was way too loud. I'd also consider getting this and adding a resonator/muffler. Could this get it down to SPT/Borla levels?

Quad-Tip or OBX are you saying?

I saw AVO has one ($$$). Other than being a little pricey does anyone know how is the sound?

Infamous is having a quad tip exhaust made by Stomung for about $1k. They have a wagon specific version. I would say either get that exhaust or the OBX. If you want something more on the quiet side, I would get the Infamous exhaust. If you dont mind it being loud, get the OBX for 1/3 of the price.

Just installed the OBX a few days ago...and yes, it is loud, and yes, there is drone. Going to install a magnaflow muffler on the midpipe tomorrow. I'll post up some pics when the blizzard here is over. The fit is pretty good, really beefy flanges and 3" pipes all the way to the back to the mufflers. The y-pipe does hang pretty low, but no problem for me to clear speedbumps (lowest part is right under rear axle), I am sitting on eibachs.

Lets see how it sounds after the magnaflow install, if it sounds good, this exhaust was worth it.

btw: I had a problem properly sealing the slip-on joint on the midpipe - as it sits now, it is leaking. It doesn't matter much to me now since I'm going to cut that section out for the Magnaflow muffler install.

Mine fits with no mods. Perfect out of the box. Made in USA with 99.97% USA made materials (muffler packing is imported from Germany).

I have wagon specific fitment. In both 2.5" OEM style flange and 3" flat flange.

NO Drone! All 304 Stainless. Made in Huntington Beach, California by Stromung.

Price is $905 plus shipping. GB closes today. Already sold 51 units.

Archived