LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

I am most likely going to buy this setup as it has also been confirmed that this setup is 3" all the back even after the Y. It might be a few weeks before I can get pics of it installed though.

Would swapping out your CBE require any sort of retune?

If/when you do it, could you post sound as well as pics?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would swapping out your CBE require any sort of retune?

If/when you do it, could you post sound as well as pics?

My car will get retuned anyway but not because of the exhaust. It wouldnt hurt to touch up your tune after this CBE but it is not necessary.

I just sent money for it so I should have it next week. Probably won't be able to install it for a few weeks though. Also, I can do a sound clip but I doubt anyone's car will sound like mine since my car is heavily modified.

I got the exhaust yesterday. Box came in and it was already open and was banged up pretty badly. Took everything out and the passenger side muffler tip was damaged. Going to try to get it replaced or fixed I suppose.

The exhaust itself is actually not too bad. The piping and welds look good. Better than the X02 ebay exhaust but not as good as my Greddy SPII. I would say the quality is somewhere between the two. It is a TRUE 3" even after the Y and through the mufflers. I can tell just by looking at it that it will be a loud exhaust. I can see straight through the mufflers.

How long will it be now before I have everything on? Well that will depends on what UPS/Subarugeneration will do about the damages I suppose. UPS wanted to pick up just the passenger side muffler. I guess we will see.

Did the box look like it had been improperly packed or had it been opened during transit? I am interested to see how this works out as customer service many times will be the make it or break it test for me as a consumer. Pics?

I ahve to do a ton shipping about once a quarter for my company to return off lease equipment. We have been burned before by UPS because of packing so I ALWAYS over pack everything and tape every seem of the boxes and then some. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if UPS denies the claim for this shipment. Their was not enough packing inside of the box and hardly any tape holding the box together. My Greddy exhuast came perfectly boxed and they made sure there was no way the exhaust would get damaged during shipment. Staples held the box shut and then tape on top of that. The box looked like it was made for the exhaust.....The OBX exhaust looked like they just found a box that everything would fit in, wrap everything with foam padding and just put inside the box and taped together.

I am a little upset that I am doing all the leg work on this. Basically I was told to go get it fixed, fax the bill to them, and they would pay me back when UPS paid them. So it could be 6 months before I see anything with this.

When my GMS catback showed up the box had busted open during shipping, luckily no damage or lost parts. I guess one of the things you have to put up with when buying a "value priced" catback is the quality of the shipping materials.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I have the COBB HFC DP, Perrin resonated mid/Y and Prodrive Y-back mufflers 2.5" to 3" to 2.5". Beautiful boxer burble at idle, no drone and sweet at full throat. May be selling this setup if the Stromung GB materializes. Sound clip here. Have subsequently upgraded to Stage 2+ and a pro-tune and previous minimal drone at speed is essentially gone.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I ahve to do a ton shipping about once a quarter for my company to return off lease equipment. We have been burned before by UPS because of packing so I ALWAYS over pack everything and tape every seem of the boxes and then some. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if UPS denies the claim for this shipment. Their was not enough packing inside of the box and hardly any tape holding the box together. My Greddy exhuast came perfectly boxed and they made sure there was no way the exhaust would get damaged during shipment. Staples held the box shut and then tape on top of that. The box looked like it was made for the exhaust.....The OBX exhaust looked like they just found a box that everything would fit in, wrap everything with foam padding and just put inside the box and taped together.

I am a little upset that I am doing all the leg work on this. Basically I was told to go get it fixed, fax the bill to them, and they would pay me back when UPS paid them. So it could be 6 months before I see anything with this.

I assure you the leg work is appreciated. Perhaps you should call the vendors attention to this thread...give them the chance to make it right and potentially gain new business.

I assure you the leg work is appreciated. Perhaps you should call the vendors attention to this thread...give them the chance to make it right and potentially gain new business.

He knows about this thread because he has posted in it:)

I am working now with Stromung to try and produce the wagon specific CBE as part of my production run. I am bringing back the Quad Tip from Stromung under my own brand name. Working with Stromung now to make sure fixtures are good and details are hammered out.

True Wagon fit out of a wagon specific jig.

The only real difference is the tip length?

Regardless, if this kit fits, I will be happy. I was going to build a custom true 3" cat-back for my car until I saw this kit. I am sure the stromung kit will be 2.5 or 2.25 after the "Y" which what I did not want. Heck, I might just scrap the whole idea and just build a custom single exit 3.5" exhaust.

No. Completely different cans for the wagon. A TRUE wagon fit. Not a modified sedan fit. Comes out of a different fixture than the sedan unit. Two fixtures for two different CBE's.

My thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gi-new-quad-tip-cbe-05-09-infamous-performance-148820.html

Pix of wagon fit are posted.

My apologies for the threadjack.

I dont see why they are different? I have two USDM wagon specific exhaust systems and they fit fine on a sedan with the exception of the tips being longer. I have also fit a sedan specific exhaust on my car and it fit fine with the exception of the tips being too short.

I think what you are doing on the other thread is awesome. If my car was more stockish, I would have been all over it. I just need more flow so I am going to use this OBX exhaust for now and see how it does. I might switch out to a 3.5" single outlet exhaust with 3.5 downpipe.

I dont see why they are different? I have two USDM wagon specific exhaust systems and they fit fine on a sedan with the exception of the tips being longer. I have also fit a sedan specific exhaust on my car and it fit fine with the exception of the tips being too short.

Different cans used. So, different bend off the "Y". Cut out is different on wagon, so tips can be tucked higher. Different angle of tips coming off cans. Several differences. Some slight. But true wagon specific fit.

I use the same set up now on my car, made by Stromung. Just uses single large oval tips instead of quad tip. I have no problems at 450whp.

Custom is always my favorite. Good luck on your build.

• 1 month later...

Archived