LegacyGT.com

Wagon CBE Options

need bb

Alot of the y-pipes hang pretty low... I know my Greddy does... I wouldnt worry about it as it is pretty well matched up with the axles, and I have yet to scrape it... but then again there is a pretty nice dent in the lowest point of the y-pipe from the previous owner so i guess it is doable...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I wouldnt hold out for a new one. In comparison to the sedans there are far fewer wagons... if I remember correctly the wagon bumper is about 4" longer then the sedan so most the sedans will fit fine, such as my greddy evo2. Some fit even better as they were designed to stick out a bit on the sedan.

Seems to me that alot of the aftermarket support for the legacys is slowing going away. The new ones are nothing like the 4th gens and dont seem to have the same following... although in their defense I really personally havent been following them...

Your best bet is put up a few WTB ads both in the classifieds and regional forums and just keep an eye on them. Something will pop up. Regional forums are better for exhausts because its with people who are local so its alot easier. Big meets help too because its a place where alot of people get together.

Good luck finding something... I cant imagine driving an LGT without an exhaust anymore... theyre just too quiet

I cant imagine driving an LGT without an exhaust anymore... theyre just too quiet

See I kinda like that about them. I'd love to have some quiet performance added. No volume change except at WOT would be ideal for me. But I'm still years away from getting an exhaust anyway. Will probably end up going custom. Just need to find a good mandrel bender around here :rolleyes:

How about this? Putting the Borla tips on the stock mufflers actually increases the growl factor. Also, since they're clamp-on you can adjust the tuck to suit just about any taste. However, this setup may be a little too quiet for you depending on what you're looking for. BTW these pictures are out of date. I put round tips on a little while back.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally made a decision and went with the OBX wagon style catback, to mount on my sedan. Hopefully it gets here soon and I can post a review. Will probably have to do something with the long tips, and put in a resonator eventually.

• 1 month later...
How does it fit?

Sort of, the tips stick out ALOT, like 4-5". Entire exhaust isn't quite straight either, the mufflers are at slightly different angles, and one muffler is rotated off center. Also about .5-1" too narrow, had to use hose clamps on the hangers to line up the tips.

But overall it looks good and sounds great, and is actually exceptionally quiet on the highway (stock downpipe) with the tips sticking out so far. Though I'm going to cut the tips down so they only stick out an inch or two.

• 4 weeks later...
Sort of, the tips stick out ALOT, like 4-5". Entire exhaust isn't quite straight either, the mufflers are at slightly different angles, and one muffler is rotated off center. Also about .5-1" too narrow, had to use hose clamps on the hangers to line up the tips.

But overall it looks good and sounds great, and is actually exceptionally quiet on the highway (stock downpipe) with the tips sticking out so far. Though I'm going to cut the tips down so they only stick out an inch or two.

BUMP for pictures!

Picked up a set of GTSpec ELH and up-pipe last week. They're sitting on the shelf in the garage all wrapped in black heat wrap, just waiting to go on. CNT 3" catless down-pipe, Magnaflow resonator and stainless muflers in transit now. As soon as it's all here my guy is going to plumb and weld the exhaust together for me. I'm not sure what tips I'm going with yet.

<------------- So excited!!! Should be all put together by next Thursday at the latest...

• 3 weeks later...
Just picked up the Invidia Q300 v3 quad tip for my 05 wagon. Packaging was outstanding, quality appears very good and the fitment is spot on. Tips are 1-2" shorter than optimal for the wagon but I still think they look decent and not noticeably short. It's too loud for my taste so I'm researching options for replacing the tiny resonator with a larger resonator/muffler. I wouldn't call the highway noise a drone, just more volume than I want. I didn't realize the mufflers are a straight thru design, so for what it is the noise isn't too bad.

VET

The more reviews the better. This thread is great.

For anyone who is interested and hasnt noticed it I have my sedan version of the Greddy Evo2 for sale. local only for now b/c shipping is a hassle. looks great on a wagon b/c it tucks the tips nicely to hide the melon shooters.... which look awesome as well as sound awesome.

if your interested pm me

• 2 weeks later...

I had everything welded up last Wednesday. Sounds soooo good! No name (rhymes with "show me") ELH/up-pipe, OEM TD-04, CNT 3" bellmouth catless down-pipe (had to be cut in 2 places and re-welded due to a slightly adjusted turbo position from new header/up fitment), Magnaflow 3" in/out 4"Dx18"L resonator, y-pipe into 2.25", equal length tubing from y-pipe to both mufflers, Magnaflow 2.25" in/out 5"x8"x14" mufflers, and (being welded on tomorrow) Magnaflow 4"x2" oval tips.

I don't have any sound bits yet, and I still haven't had a friend drive away so I can hear what everyone else hears, but standing behind and listening at idle and driving around it sounds so smooth. No drone at cruising speeds. Slight drone/pop under deceleration w/ no throttle. Definitely can't sneak around at night anymore :( but I don't care..... except for when I made my neighbor's baby cry last night..... I felt kinda bad.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/jahousafat750/IMAG0061.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/jahousafat750/IMAG0022.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/jahousafat750/IMAG0024.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/jahousafat750/IMAG0023.jpg

I originally wanted to by SBT setup before I found out that it wouldn't work for my OB since they have no exhaust cut outs. I would of had to cut the tips off and weld turn downs. He had the perfect setup. Perrin mid and Y mated to Prodrives.

I am now on ERZ catted DP with stock mid and Y with AVO mufflers. They sound perfect and there is little to no drone. On wide open throttle, it gives off the perfect tone.

I'm still looking for perrin mid and Y to complete my setup.

Is it the result you desired? The hidden tips

haha, no. I hadn't decided on tips at the time of that photo. I had them welded on a week later. Haven't had time/remembered in the daylight to snap a new pic. I'll get that done tomorrow, as well as attempt to catch the new sound in a video.....

• 1 year later...
TurboXS is also making a wagon specific exhaust, supposedly to be released in march sometime. I also had a chance to hear the Nameless system and it sounds pretty damn good, nice and low with some good rumble. There's videos on here somewhere of them on Ryan's wagon but the videos definitely don't do it justice.

For the inquiring minds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rXAGRIrho0]Nameless Performance '05-'09 Legacy GT Catback Exhaust Throttle Blips - YouTube[/ame]

We will have a 5" muffled rear section available shortly

Ryan @ Nameless

Nameless Performance, Inc.

1061 Dale St Woodland, WA 98674

(360) 263-5001

http://www.namelessperformance.com

Archived