LegacyGT.com

Second Generation Legacy Suspension FAQ

wow, in that case, I would love to know what the spring rate of the STi springs are. Since I have not installed these yet, I am still in the hunt. At least I have the struts, the top hats and what not... I think I may just go with Eibach Pro kit. The drop is null, but the spring rate is stiffer than stock.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

before I went to coilovers, I had tien S techs and ebanchi pro kits the pro kits were really nice, something that I liked to DD but the stance wasnt aggressive enough for me. the spring rates were nice and competitive and used it in some autocrosses and loved how they performed. These were matched with agx struts

The S techs I had brought the car down to the stance I wanted but didn't perform like i wanted to. Basicly they handle like a lower spring rate spring, yet they ride like coilovers. These were matched with 03 wrx struts

The coilovers I have now are HKS hypermaxx and i now have what I want in aggressiveness and in function. Im low and with the damper settings I can have a nice ride(still haven't taken it for a long distance run but im planning on it.

I have also babysat a 04wrx on the first gen of swifts with gr2s. And if anything they were the ultimatum amoung struts and springs. I hit my head 3 times doing freeway drives (im sorta a tall guy) but you feel extremely planted with that setup.

WESTcoast,

so, I am not trying to get stance as in lowering the car... I just want it stiffer and handle better. Would S Techs with STI Struts work, or are they ok with this combo? I fear it will be to low for my liking.

ya, just dont even bother thinking about s-techs. go for the eibachs, they are MUCH better.

i think s-techs have roughly the same spring rate as stock STi springs, only much lower. i know i bounced off bump stops with them when i had them on.

So somebody posted on here a while ago saying 2002-2007 wrx coilovers would fit on a second gen legacy. so does that mean the coilovers from this website:

http://www.racelandus.com/p-127-coilover-kit-for-subaru-impreza-rs-wrx-sti-2nd-gen.aspx

fit on my 99 legacy 2.5 gt?

Wrote something up about these awhile ago, a friend has them on his wrx ( and yes they will fit on a 2nd gen lgt) For coilovers the ride quality is superb, he has taken 4 trips to San Diego from Sacramento, 1000+mile round trip, one in which i came along, and id say id buy these not to track with them but for dd use and to do the occasional autox. He's had them for close to a year (they have a 2year warranty) and only had one problem which was the top hat as making some clicking noise on one of them. He called them up and next day he was shipped out a new coilover with a return label for the other one. He then found out that the bolts on the top were just loose from when he put on a strut bar.

I mean when you have customer service like that for 400 bucks you cant beat that with a stick, plus unlike the ebay no name coilovers you have a place to call. they're located nevada.

For me I'm sitting on HKS hypermaxx coilovers and thnking about going to these.

my .02

if you are going to have them do custon end plates, you might as well have them do the whole thing. those ebay ones are really soft metal - hence the cheap price. i will be getting a whiteline rear strut bar in the near future to replace my crappy $25 ebay one (which still helps a little, but it still flexes like crazy)

• I Donated
I just can't justify 150+ for a strut bar.

I'll sell you my strut bar for the low price of $149.99 plus shipping.

And thats not all! Included is a free cup holder!

But wait! It gets better!

Order now and we will take $10 off the price, bringing your even lower total to 139.99 plush shipping!

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'll sell you my strut bar for the low price of $149.99 plus shipping.

And thats not all! Included is a free cup holder!

But wait! It gets better!

Order now and we will take $10 off the price, bringing your even lower total to 139.99 plush shipping!

Bite it :p

I thought sti had shorter struts for some reason? Hmm. I dont wanna do coils, or more like baby/gf/funds/car wont allow me to throw 1000 on a set. There has to be a diffirent strut or a shorter one.

BIG ? I am wanting to buy off a friends car his custom made angeld tip exhaust from PRE racing. Its off of an 01 2.5rs 4door. What mods would have to be made to put this on my 97 lgt wagon, also will i have to take off my primitive rear diff skid for it to fit?

Archived