LegacyGT.com

Second Generation Legacy Suspension FAQ

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so my question is this, I have a 95 Impreza with GR-2's and Prodrive P1's. Can I swap these onto the 1999 Leg GT limited? and if i get spacers, what thickness do I need? and will the Leg struts fit in the impreza? I plan to sell the impreza but want to lower the leg anyway. fwa2500, I assume you are the same fwa2500 from PCL? ;)

My question is this. My car has almost 200K miles on it and the suspension is pretty well shot, bouncy and sagging a bit. I am not looking to lower the car or anything like that, but since I have to replace the suspension why not go ahead and put something better than stock OEM, bit of an upgrade. What would you guys recommend? I know alot of guys on here talk about WRX parts but I don't have the abilty to do so. What is a good company to go with?

I am tired of the same questions being asked over and over again, so here is a FAQ that I have put together with the help of Reuben.

Q: Would 3rd or 4th gen stuff work?

A: Unfortunately, no. Both have a completely different rear suspension set-up.

So no possible way i can put a 2004 sti spring on a 2003 legacy L this above seems to not click with me maybe its denial cause i can get a set of 4 sti springs for 25 bucks

Thanks for the information I am sure I could have searched and found but dealing with dial up(liveout in the middle of nowhere Blue Ridge mtn) it just isn't worth it. So these have good reviews by Legacy owners? I live where there are some rough rural roads and want something that can last plus I do drive spirited so to say.

Officially am upset with WRX suspension on my lego. Literally did maybe 1/2" drop. Idk if its cause the sussy had maybe 10k on it and they aren't well broken in or if its just dumb. Im not on the hunt for Tein S techs

Im pretty sure the original post in this FAQ mentioned that a stock WRX setup would net not NO drop, and in some rare cases it might raise the car.

2002 OEM WRX suspension setup on a 98 LGT - how much will it lower the car?

thanks

you wont notice a drop at all... it may even look higher due to the compression rate of wrx springs under the lighter load of the legacy front

you wont notice a drop at all... it may even look higher due to the compression rate of wrx springs under the lighter load of the legacy front

Sorry, it was on page 2 where I read it.

A lot of guys with BGs have STi springs and they sit pretty low... Lower than stock BKs.

Depends on the springs, sti pinks will lower your car, 04 sti usdm springs wont do much, 05-06 springs i think lower just a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Archived